PDA

View Full Version : R564A/B

rotorblades
27th Sep 2012, 13:57
Just a quick note for all the GAers out there who may fly regularly or once in a blue moon around the Singleton (YSGT/SGT) area. The singleton firing range 564A is active at weekends (upto 4000') and recently 564B has also been activated at weekends (4000' to NOTAM level). Please either read the notams or check with the low level area freq (125.700) if unsure.
I had several VFRs fly straight through the range last weekend when try had both live firings taking place & at time military aircraft using the range.

It's for your own good, in the end, 'cause one day somebody is going to get hit by the munitions (including missiles) being fired off or one of the mil aircraft doing tight manoeuvres

Horatio Leafblower
27th Sep 2012, 14:32
Darwin at work. :=

rotorblades
27th Sep 2012, 14:36
It is :)
but I don't want to be the one sitting at the radar screen when one gets hit, and subsequently sitting in coroners court explaining my actions in the event

Jabawocky
27th Sep 2012, 20:14
Horatio is the perfect guy to represent you:ok:

And explain the Darwin theory;)

mates rates
27th Sep 2012, 21:50
I am not surprised when you see the complicated way of trying to get information for flight planning out of the air services system.Most notam extractions do not include active restricted area information.You have to go somewhere else for that!!

alphacentauri
27th Sep 2012, 21:58
Mate rates....ok I'll bite....where is the 'else' that you go to for this information?

The AsA notam system does contain all this information but it assumes you know what information you need and then you have to specifically request it.

If you do a briefing by area the restricted areas contained within the briefing area will definitely be in the notam extraction.

Capt Fathom
27th Sep 2012, 22:29
It's called the Dir To button!

That's all you need. Notams, charts and preflight preparation unnecessary these days!

Horatio Leafblower
27th Sep 2012, 22:40
Just a thought - the CASA field safety team poke around every year and bore us all to death with such fascinating topics as "internet resources for pilots".

The Hunter is a region with restricted areas on 2 sides (Willy training areas and Richmond's training areas above 7500') and a couple of smaller ones to the south, and I would bet a healthy list of ESIRs both resolved and unresolved relating to all of them.

Perhaps a bit of a presentation could be prepared in consultation with ASA, CASA and the ADF highlighting the "hot topics" for each region?

I would bet the locals are represented equally with the visitors in the incident count.

Trojan1981
28th Sep 2012, 03:37
This should apply to the RAAF as well! At one stage the worst offenders for violating the airspace at Singleton were 36 Sqn. They were using Dochra as part of TAC CSE training flights without prior permission and flying straight through live range trace!

rotorblades
28th Sep 2012, 15:26
Mates rates, whilst I can't comment on how easy, or not, it is to get stuff out of the AsA system- not a pilot myself & its bad enough the 20 pages we have to read through before shift.
If in any doubt about the activity check with the local area freq, most of us ATCers would prefer it to infringing the airspace & the complicated call we have to make to the range officer.
Or failing that at least listen on the Area freq, me & most of my colleagues will blind broadcast a safety alert to aircraft seen to be heading towards active areas

rotorblades
28th Sep 2012, 15:34
As for AsA providing a concise useful presentation, I'm not too sure, they couldn't find a virgin in a nunnery at the moment.
If anyone seriously wants a talk about the hunter region restricted airspace then PM me & I'll arrange a time for a chat & contact details & I'll answer as many questions on the airspace as I can

MakeItHappenCaptain
28th Sep 2012, 16:19
Today's lesson, Kiddies, is how to obtain NOTAMs for military control areas.:O

You enter (as part of a location briefing) the first two letters of the aerodome/area identifier followed by an X.:confused:

Eg.
Amberley (YAMB) = AMX
Oakey (YBOK) = OKX
Evans Head (YEVD) = EVX
Singleton (YSGT) = SGX
Richmond (YSRI) = RIX
Nowra (YSNW) = NWX:ooh:

All of the PRD notams for those areas will magically be included.:D

Now, you try!:ok:

Jabawocky
28th Sep 2012, 22:59
MIHC :D :} That is just too much common sense;)

Or take the whole area and skim through looking for anything else that might pop out at you that is of concern............oh sorry that is too much effort for some of them huh?

alphacentauri
28th Sep 2012, 23:10
And if MIHC post is still too complicated.

In the PRD section of ERSA each R area has listed next to it the restricted airspace group it belongs too.

C-change
30th Sep 2012, 10:51
Eg.
Amberley (YAMB) = AMX
Oakey (YBOK) = OKX
Evans Head (YEVD) = EVX
Singleton (YSGT) = SGX
Richmond (YSRI) = RIX
Nowra (YSNW) = NWXhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/icon25.gif

When you type in NWX for Nowra, also include TSX (Tasman sea R452, R453)

flighthappens
30th Sep 2012, 12:00
Or rather than use location briefing, use the area briefing button in the Airservices australia website flight planning section. Lets you know about everything in one go. Sweet. And don't program with your GPS to fly on the airspace line to save 2 trackmiles.

Typhoon650
30th Sep 2012, 23:54
What happened to: if unsure, treat the area as active and bypass?

MakeItHappenCaptain
1st Oct 2012, 08:04
ENR 1.10 FLIGHT PLANNING
1. FLIGHT PLAN PREPARATION
1.1 Before beginning a flight, a pilot in command must study all available information appropriate to the intended operation and, in the cases of flights away from the vicinity of an aerodrome, flights over water (see ENR 1.1 Section 62.) and all IFR flights, must make a careful study of:
a. current weather reports and forecasts for the route to be flown and the aerodromes to be used;
b. the airways facilities available on the route to be flown and the condition of those facilities;
c. the condition of aerodromes to be used and their suitability for the aircraft to be used;
d. the Air Traffic Control rules and procedures appertaining to the particular flight; and
e. all Head Office and FIR NOTAM applicable to the en route phase of flight, and location-specific NOTAM for aerodromes.
The pilot must then plan the flight in relation to the information obtained.

Note: Full details on the services provided by the briefing office(s)
are available in ERSA GEN.

What happened to actually checking notams before the flight?

I wonder how many aircraft are going to breach the notamed areas at Bathurst next weekend?:hmm: