PDA

View Full Version : What do the CAA define as a skilled worker?

banditb6
26th Sep 2012, 20:42
Hello trying to look through the CAA website and documents to find what a skilled worker is defined as to see if my time in the motor trade will help reduce the 5 years requirement that I am likely to need to gain a Licence? Have e mailed the CAA last week but they are understandably busy at the moment so any info would help, there are a few bits on the internet but Im not sure how current they are the ELGD I looked at was dated 2007.

Thanks

munster
26th Sep 2012, 23:14
The CAA are notorious for being difficult. Don't expect to hear what you desire from them, I remember an occasion where they refused to accept an Italians service record in the airforce even when supported by legal translations. I'm sure you've looked at the ELGD. http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/ELGDbook_07_webversion.pdf

lovegroove
27th Sep 2012, 06:11
Give them a call and find out and never assume anything. As bandit as already said, the CAA are notoriously difficult about this sort of thing.

Sixfoot Toan
27th Sep 2012, 15:09
Just to give you some positive info: at the last place I worked, we converted motor mechanics to CF6-50 overhaul fitters with a two week in-house course. This was all approved by the CAA & FAA, but didn't lead onto a licence. All work was oversigned by industry trained, and highly experience techs, until the new guys had gained the necessary experience and knowledge.

Remember, there's lots of work for unlicensed people.

Tony