PDA

View Full Version : How much does it cost for a C208 or Navajo endo

NzCaptainAndrew
26th Sep 2012, 07:15
How much does it cost for a C208 or Navajo endorsement in Australia?

Stationair8
26th Sep 2012, 07:51
Depends on whether you want the old three circuit quickie endorsement in the old PA-31.

Crabbe
26th Sep 2012, 08:24
C208 $5500 for basic endo, got quoted 3 days ago

717tech
26th Sep 2012, 08:53
Mine was paid for by the company but it was just over two hours in the PA31.

MCKES
26th Sep 2012, 09:56
PA31 or C208 will be paid for by reputable companies. I know of many with said endos none of them had to fork out their own money, small bonding periods however did apply.

Jack Ranga
26th Sep 2012, 13:07
You get what you pay for when doing endorsements on both types you are talking about here.

MakeItHappenCaptain
26th Sep 2012, 14:15
Depends on whether you want the old three circuit quickie endorsement in the old PA-31.

Yeah.....like AFR's, endorsers better be sure they have crossed their t's and dotted their i's here. I can guarantee a good enough stuff up by an endorsed person will have CASA sniffing around to make sure the endorser did their job properly.

I have been quizzed about an endo where the pilot's sins were good enough to see their license reviewed. No problems from my end, but all I can say is document everything.

No room in this industry for that s:mad:it (quickies).:=

PaulDamian
27th Sep 2012, 00:38
Vortex/Tasfast at Moorabbin do an PA31 endo for about $5K with 3 hours Dual and 10 hours ICUS over Bass Strait. OR, the quick version for $2750 with 3 hours. It think they have about 5 Chiefs.

Vincent Chase
27th Sep 2012, 01:27
How about people leave paying for endorsements to their employers, stop paying for ICUS and give people like myself a chance of getting a job on merit and hard work.

MCKES
27th Sep 2012, 03:37
Vincent - you'll find a job.

Have you guys heard of Murphys Law? Why do you assume that you need a PA31 or C208 Endo @ a cost of 5K+? Unless you already have a job lined up and it is a prerequisite for employment, what are you going to do when someone turns around and offers you a job on a 402 or a PAC750? Woops spent the wrong 5K? Why not just go out and pay 10K and get a meat tray endo? Or how about spending 30K and getting a 737 or 320 rating? Where do you stop:hmm:

The Green Goblin
27th Sep 2012, 06:12
At an employer I used to work for, it went against you if you were endorsed.

They wanted you to be endorsed and trained the right way (according to them) from the start, by their own guy.

That way there was none of the old " at xxx we did it like this" type talk creeping in.

In this climate, as long as you are prepared to move and chase the work it will happen for you.

Aimpoint
27th Sep 2012, 06:15
In this climate, as long as you are prepared to move and chase the work it will happen for you.

Judging by the multiple threads started by NzCaptainAndrew, it appears this is unlikely to happen.

The Green Goblin
27th Sep 2012, 06:20
He wouldn't be the first (or last) kiwi using student loan money to pay his way into Australia.

Good luck to him.

At least someone will make a buck out of it :}

tail wheel
27th Sep 2012, 06:37
C208 $5500 for basic endo

If it is an initial gas turbine endorsement and genuine complete ground school, that quote is very reasonable. :ok:

If it is a "Bic Biro" quickie endorsement, don't waste your money.

deadcut
27th Sep 2012, 06:59
GG what's wrong with using student loan to cover the training? For my training I paid 70% with student loan because I was not getting money fast enough to fly. Working all week just to fly a couple of hours on the weekend.

27/09
27th Sep 2012, 09:31
He wouldn't be the first (or last) kiwi using student loan money to pay his way into Australia.

GG you're probably right about this happening a few years ago but so far as I know now the student cannot take any left over money with them to use for things such as this.

Having said that the best policy is the get any endorsement done with/through your employer. Any employer who values their machinery isn't going to let someone with a bare type endorsement loose in their pride and joy without a thorough checkout, might as well be giving them an endorsement and be done with it.

Jack Ranga
27th Sep 2012, 10:40
GG may be referring to kiwis getting student loans, leaving their country and never paying the loan back. Arriving in Australia without a huge loan over their heads as opposed to their Australian counterparts, flying for free here cos they haven't got that huge loan over their heads therefore being much easier to support themselves.

Thing is the kiwi government is starting to call in these loans whether their citizens return home or not :D

deadcut
27th Sep 2012, 12:33
How stupid would you be to leave the country forever and think that no one will come knocking?

MakeItHappenCaptain
27th Sep 2012, 12:41
Worked for Ronnie Biggs.:}

NzCaptainAndrew
28th Sep 2012, 00:49
Funny replies -

I was a kiwi student back in 2010... I do have a job right now flying the 206 but I'm moving on to the airvan soon.... I am not rich nor have rich parents/or grandparents or any family member in the aviation industry - I'm not going to pay for an endorsment unless I have a job lined up for me...

Thanks for the replies never the less fellow PPruners...:hmm:

NNB
28th Sep 2012, 01:02
Airvan eh - you might find that you'll look back longingly at you C206 experience when your in the GA8 but then you'll have plenty of time on your hands (not a fan of the brand!)

Vincent Chase
28th Sep 2012, 03:59
I'm not going to pay for an endorsment unless I have a job lined up for me...

Why don't you not pay for it at all and tell your prospective employer that if they really want to you to work there, that they can endorse you on their plane that they want you to fly.

Why are there so many weak pathetic individuals in this industry?

minger
28th Sep 2012, 04:38
You should be asking why there are so many people in the industry that want something for nothing.

Vincent Chase
28th Sep 2012, 04:55
minger - thanks for nothing.

minger
28th Sep 2012, 05:10
welcome to the real world.

Vincent Chase
28th Sep 2012, 05:57
I am well and truly acquainted with the real world, and I have never paid for an endorsement or a renewal.