PDA

View Full Version : Altara General Knowledge Test

Chalala
26th Sep 2012, 02:54
Hi There

I have been invited to the SEQ assessment day in October and I noticed that we have to pass a general knowledge test. Has anyone done this before and if so what kind of questions do they ask? did you think it has hard and confusing?
Thanks!

Chatterboii
29th Sep 2012, 11:02
It is really basic stuff, just general knowledge geographical mapping and a few other things. You will be fine.

danieldeakin
30th Sep 2012, 07:01
Really basic calculations (John buys 2 sandwiches for price X, a coke for price Y and hands you a $10 note, how much change would you give said passenger?), being able to locate various Jetstar domestic destinations on a map (MEL, ADL, DRW, OOL etc) etc. A lot of the answers are given to you in the mornings presentation so be sure to listen in. Good luck.

danieldeakin
30th Sep 2012, 07:06
It's not hard at all, however a few on my table had troubles with some of the calculations. One girl that made it through the first stage stumbled with the quiz and she made it through to the afternoon so I don't think your result matters all that much, I'm assuming they just want to gather a general profile of all the applicants making sure that you're somewhat a competent person.

Tableview
30th Sep 2012, 07:17
A girl I knew who had worked as an SAA cabin attendant applied for a job with a bank. She showed me a sample of the basic mental mathematics test that interviewees had to submit to.

"What is 10% of 150?"
"If you have 30 10 Rand notes, how much money is that?"
and similar tests of the type of human genius shown by people like Einstein.

She said she would not be able to do this without a calculator.

Some 30 years later, I am still ashamed that I was shagging someone that stupid.