PDA

View Full Version : Australian Maintenance Engineer seeking info

Brendan W
25th Sep 2012, 18:30
Greetings folks,
I'm currently living in Germany and am hoping to transfer my Australian L.A.M.E. (Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer) license over to the EASA system. I have contacted the German LBA (local aviation authority) and have heard that I have to do an extensive course and test requiring a large amount of time.

I would love to here from someone who has more info on the subject?

Another idea is for me to try to transfer my license in the UK if that is a more fluent option?

Chopper OZ
26th Sep 2012, 11:45
The short answer is no.

There is currently no reciprocal rights or mutual recognition arrangements between CASA and EASA.

You have to start all over again.

CASA have info on this on their website.

Velcroworm
28th Sep 2012, 09:13
There is no conversion unfortunately. An Australian colleague of mine has just had to go through this, and it involved doing all the modules from scratch. Very time consuming and expensive as you might imagine. Good luck.

ronster
16th Oct 2012, 02:58
It is because CASA does not Recognize any other license ecept the NZ CAA and EASA that no one else want to except their CASA lic - been there done that!

:ugh:

ericferret
16th Oct 2012, 10:51
British engineers have the same problem if the want to convert to the Canadian licence.
In the past with the BCAR licence there was a reciprocal arrangement that allowed for a conversion by doing the Canadian legislation.

When the EASA ticket came along this got drop kicked in to the long grass. Another of the benefits of being part of Europe (I dont think)!!!!!!

I heard and this is unconfirmed that the Canadians offered to extend this arrangement to the EASA licence. EASA said this is a great idea and the Canadians said good so how will the reciprocal arrangement work. At which point EASA said it was one way!!!!!!!

The Canadians of course said F**k you, diplomatically of course.

Confirmation or denial of this would be appreciated.

easaman
16th Oct 2012, 13:27
Hello Brendan,
you must pass for the B1.1 licence following theory exams:
M1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,15,17 MCQ and write essays 2ea for M7, 1ea for M9 & 10. Other licences are here! (http://www.easa66.eu/en/modules-en.PDF)
You can use your Australian Schedule of Experience.
Other work experience log book options are here! (http://www.easa-66.eu/BBS/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2)

Cheers easaman