PDA

View Full Version : Brasilia, any ideas?

swordfish41
25th Sep 2012, 10:17
I'm flying from London to Brasilia in a few weeks time and I'm thinking of using the Delta service that goes via Atlanta because it is a single carrier all the way and has a cost advantage. Has anyone got any advice about this, or experience of any alternatives? Thanks in advance.

S

davidjohnson6
25th Sep 2012, 13:56
Have you considered TAM to fly direct UK - Brazil and change in Sao Paulo, or TAP via Lisbon ?
Both have the advantage of saving significant amounts of time in an aluminium tube.

Depends of course as to how you value your time, the price, any visa constraints you may have, level of class (seats at the back or front of aircraft), frequent flyer loyalty, time of day you want to depart / arrive, etc...

Gibon2
25th Sep 2012, 14:04
Yes, TAP one-stop via Lisbon looks like the least painful option to me - and the price seems pretty good in Y at least. Maybe there's a "price advantage" in taking Delta via the US, but it would have to be pretty substantial to outweigh all the disadvantages: transiting in US (I'd pay $100s just to avoid this), long flight time, flying Delta, etc.

But as DJ6 says, maybe you have other considerations.

ExXB
25th Sep 2012, 14:44
Going via ATL you'll have to go through US Border controls. Via LIS you can connect Airside.

swordfish41
25th Sep 2012, 22:18
Well yes,
the thought of US customs is something I'm thinking about. The options of TAM or TAP I have looked at, and they don't seem to be that much shorter in terms of total journey time. There is however a difference in price of around £350 in favour of the delta option. Having just written that I wonder if I have got it wrong. But its late and so I will start checking it again tomorrow. Thanks for the replies.
s

swordfish41
26th Sep 2012, 08:05
The TAP flight is the shortest by far of any option, and the cheapest seat is £943. Delta is £240 cheaper. The downside is that TAP leaves at an unearthly hour in the morning. I don't know why this flight didn't come up in my original search. But thanks again.
s