PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to MEL CTR

djpil
24th Sep 2012, 21:02
Yesterday, I was a passenger in a small aeroplane. Useful traffic alerts provided "multiple VFR aircraft in close proximity" near St Arnaud and then Maryborough.

VH-XXX
25th Sep 2012, 04:04
So were you in formation DJ?

fujii
25th Sep 2012, 05:42
Small point but your post is thanks to ML CTR but you were at STA. which is well out side CTR (control zone). Glad it was a good day.

TOUCH-AND-GO
25th Sep 2012, 11:18
They sure were helpful on the weekend. Was flying around Western Port and provided multiple VFR traffic alerts/information!

Regardless of their services, it is still essential to maintain a good lookout for traffic! Especially when flying near airfields who have gliders buzzing around.:E

Fujii, ML CENTER can still provide VFR traffic information when not in there control zone.

So were you in formation DJ?
In the opposite direction? :}

fujii
25th Sep 2012, 11:39
Melbourne CENTRE does not have THEIR control zone, it has control areas (CTA) and provides traffic information in the uncontrolled areas below. The CTR is the area around ML airport 0 - 2000 AMSL.

djpil
25th Sep 2012, 12:10
Of course, thanks, ML it was.
One in the opposite direction, one in the same direction and another pottering around that we saw after the alerts. The first alert excluded us after we reported our position but then we got caught up in the next two alerts.

TOUCH-AND-GO
25th Sep 2012, 12:43
Sorry I misread CTR as Center! Oops :}

Yeah I had 2 piper warriors in the opposite direction one at the same level and another 500ft below. Then a seaplane from the west and 2 gliders near Bacchus Marsh!