PDA

View Full Version : Air Pacific / Fiji Airways

ragamuffin
24th Sep 2012, 20:04
Any AP contractors care to share their experiences?

budapest kid
24th Sep 2012, 21:51
Pay...LOwww
Aircraft..very old
Accomodation....transit hotel in Nadi, room share with bugs,lots of bugs.
C and T... high standard
Route structure...easy but lots of BOC

bottom line,
If you've got nothing else give it a go to remain current(short term) otherwise go for your other options..
Cheers,
BK

pistinaround
25th Sep 2012, 03:29
Heard that the 747-400 leases have been extended for another 12 months.
The A330 transition can't be going as smoothly as they hoped ?

Ozdork
25th Sep 2012, 22:08
Its a good company to work for but they insist on going through contract agencies (Rishworths and IAC I believe). There are rumours that they will soon offer direct contracts so lets hope conditions improve somewhat if they do.

dingle dongle
25th Sep 2012, 23:19
Unless thing have changed in the last decade, don't expect to get the good flying. The minor race of the country tend to look after their own.

ragamuffin
26th Sep 2012, 01:19
Appreciate the responses. Thanks.

Rag

JasperF
26th Sep 2012, 18:05
Gentlemen,

I am seeking work at Air Pacific or anywhere else for that matter. I am B737NG typed. Might you lend me some assistance with contact info?

Respectfully,
Jasper
[email protected]
+1 702 425 5757

Corkey McFuz
26th Sep 2012, 23:58
Do they ever take 737 F/Os without experience on type ?

Who with experience on type would want to move to air pacific ?

Boeing Europe
12th Nov 2012, 05:12
Hi all,

I have been offered an interview this week with air acific , does anyone know if this is a skype e-mail as I am based in the UK I dont konow how I will get to Fiji as such short notice any idea of what to ex-pect and also pay etc over there...?She asked e in the e-mail where I was based hopefully she will not be put off by the fact that I am in UK

All help appreciated.

JasperF
15th Nov 2012, 02:51
Sir,

I have no advice to offer but I offer my heartiest Congratulations! I have heard nothing regards my application and I anxiously await your outcome as though it is my interview. Best of luck and I hope someone more knowledgeable than myself answers your question.

Jasper

Boeing Europe
26th Nov 2012, 15:58
Thanks Jasper,

I did a skype interview with the chief pilot and a HR man was very straighforward just the usual questions about medical license and accidents or criminal records , I was then sent a link for a website where you do the maths tests psychometric assesments reading comprehensions etc , they were a little tricky , completed them last friday and waiting to hear results. fingers crossed , do you have time on 737 Jasper..?

JasperF
26th Nov 2012, 19:53
Captain Boeing,

Thank you for the insight into the interview process. No, I do not have Boeing time but I got about 6000 hours with 3000 hours jet time and a current B737 type rating.

I would appreciate any contact info you might comfortably provide. Thank you.

Jasper

alpine blue
27th Apr 2014, 09:46
Ok so it did not take long for Fiji Airways to smash up their first A330.

It happened on landing.

Training has always been a bit suspect, trainers are selected not on ability but on being able to do what they are told from management with out question even when they know it is wrong. The lack of ability is proven as some trainers have left for other airlines and struggled to get their commands!

We were taught on the 737 by local trainers to do low drag approaches 250kts at 10 miles 1000 ft then start hanging the flap out. Gear was selected at 500 ft. It was madness.

Question I have is how long after the local captains did their A330 type rating did they then become training captains?

JasperF
28th Apr 2014, 20:33
Good day,

I am seeking to get on at FIJI AIRWAYS as an F/O on the A330 job which they just posted.

My email to "[email protected]" with resume was returned as "undeliverable".

Can any one help me out with valid contact details such as phone number and email addresses to complete my application?

Thank you,
Jasper
+1 702 425 5757

JasperF
28th Apr 2014, 20:36
Good day,

I am seeking to get on at FIJI AIRWAYS as an F/O on the A330 job which they just posted.

My email to "[email protected]" with resume was returned as "undeliverable".

Can you help me out with valid contact details such as phone number and email addresses to complete my application?

Thank you,
Jasper
+1 702 425 5757

Olive61
28th Apr 2014, 20:44
Hi Alpine. Your answer is 6-8 months - approx - and there is only one to date. You would be hard pressed to find a better operator or training captain than the one appointee so far. The initial group of TRIs and TREs who came to the A330 introduction are all highly experienced with extensive backgrounds with major international carriers - they are all still with FJ. This team was also supplemented by Airbus training captains on rotation. :rolleyes::O

Olive61
28th Apr 2014, 20:48
Hi Jasper F.

You should contact both IAC and Spectrum - as both are involved in the process of placing 330 FOs on contract at FJ. ;)

JasperF
28th Apr 2014, 21:02
Thank you for your reply. I checked their websites and they indicate a need for 500 hours on type. The job ad I saw has no such requirement. I have no time on type...any thoughts?

Jasper

DancingDog
28th Apr 2014, 22:39
...any thoughts?
Can you stop repeatedly posting here?

Mark321
28th Apr 2014, 23:33
... Untill may 2th the telephone line at Nadi will be busy of low hour pilots I guess..
With those requirements if there could have been a chance before at least for pilots with 2000 hours, now.. most of them will be spread out in the crowd of low hour pilots applying. Anyway... it means that the waiting period instead of 6 months will be more..

alpine blue
2nd May 2014, 11:49
Thanks Olive for the reply. I guess training has improved which is good to Hear.

alpine blue
15th Aug 2014, 18:12
olive 61, when you mention the trainer in Fiji Airways is a good operator. By whose standards is this pilot a good operator?

Are you and the good operator pilots that has flown for many airlines around the world and therefore have the experience to make that decision.

Or are you just 2 pilots that have only flown for Fiji Airways and played with yourselfs all you career and your 5 aunties.

When you state a good operator is this the opinion of the 5 aunties or the opinion of successful recognised airlines.

regards

tail wheel
15th Aug 2014, 21:37
Use THIS (http://www.pprune.org/pacific-general-aviation-questions/516814-air-pacific-fiji-airways-5.html) thread.