PDA

View Full Version : New Virgin Flt Ops Dir

PODKNOCKER
9th Apr 2002, 10:04
Lyell Strambi (ex Ansett) has just appointed Matthew Lee (ex Ansett) as the successor to Malcolm Wagstaff as Flight Ops Director at Virgin Atlantic Airways. Any comments (from ex Ansett staff) will be greatly appreciated.

NigelOnDraft
9th Apr 2002, 14:12
Of maybe equal concern, especially to a CX mate of mine...

Anyone know (or care?) where Malcolm Wagstaff is now headed..?

NoD

tired
9th Apr 2002, 20:24
He's "retired", Noddy.

Least, that's what he says. :)

NigelOnDraft
9th Apr 2002, 23:44
Thanks for that...

Well at least there's one bit of good news!

NoD

PODKNOCKER
10th Apr 2002, 16:21
Tony Ling's replacement also to be announced shortly... rumour is he will be from outside Virgin...Ansett mafia to replace Cathay mafia?

rubecula
10th Apr 2002, 16:40
Just asked the question on the Dunnunda Forum:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49770

Might get some gen..

crewrest
10th Apr 2002, 21:55
If these blokes are good (and I have no reason to know either way) How come Ansett went bust?

tired
10th Apr 2002, 22:01
It was those bleedin' Kiwis wot did for Ansett, mate. Can't play rugby, can't brew beer, can't run an airline, can't shag sheep...oh, no, that last one's wrong :) :) :)

Least ways, let's hope it was the Kiwis wot did for Ansett, otherwise VS is in trouble, old boy ;)

CI300
11th Apr 2002, 00:30
If you want a boss that looks after your staff, great pay and conditions etc then ex Ansett is the way to go.
If you want Virgin to make any $$$ and be competitive in the market then your screwed.
The mistakes air nz made were
1) buying that lemon. No ones fault but the board.
2) Not sending it to the vet to be put down sooner.

Buster Hyman
11th Apr 2002, 06:37
Nice call there CI300. Never ever let facts get in the way of your opinion. Just remember that TNT & Newscorp are as big as they are because they had a nice cash cow that they bled dry.

GWYN
11th Apr 2002, 11:19
Used to work for Ansett. Never heard of either of 'em

Buster Hyman
12th Apr 2002, 12:42
My sources have revealed that LS was a marketing type manager in Fawlty Towers, but had a very good rep at AN. Not part of NZ's new world order though. ML is an IT type who last worked at the Ops Centre at Tulla in the Crew Rostering area I think, not too sure about that position though. He had a good rep too I believe.

Oh well, at least they have jobs now...

PODKNOCKER
14th Apr 2002, 08:09
Maybe we will become Virgin Pacific Airways

Abbeville
14th Apr 2002, 21:37
That is supposed to be a well kept secret PODNOCKER!!:eek:

wysiwyg
15th Apr 2002, 03:00
VPA was the hot discussion when I worked there years ago.

crewrest
15th Apr 2002, 09:37
South China Morning post is reporting Virgin At or Bl doing HKG-SYD within the year