PDA

View Full Version : Andover CC2 aircraft in Africa

Dave Sharpe
23rd Sep 2012, 19:02
HI..looking for any information on Andover cc2 and/or HS748 in Africa....From Mobotu know about 9Q-CLL, that is still flying, understand EL-AIF might still exist ..and also on any of the 748s that were flying untill a few years ago in SA-( Executive?)...aware of one for sale

Mobotu
24th Sep 2012, 08:19
El-AIF was either scrapped from memory to keep their Andover EL-AFY flying or was the one that crashed into the ocean(Not sure I think this was a series 2 not a CC2)
If you want a C1 set14 9Q-CPW is for sale in Kinshasa....it is not allowed to fly anymore in DRC as it is a military aircraft but the aircraft looks very nice and is stored at Kinshasa Ndolo airport so as not to be canabalised like aircraft stored at Kinshasa Ndjili.

babisiliop
24th Sep 2012, 08:44
Mobutu Hi

if you have any good contact emails to any company operating B737 in DRC PM,so I can contact them,regarding job.

Propstop
26th Sep 2012, 21:32
I remember there were two ex New Zealand Airforce Andovers flying from Lubumbashi several years ago operated by ITAB. Maybe they are still around or are they the ones mentioned. Sorry I forgot their rego.

Dave Sharpe
29th Sep 2012, 11:17
ta for that input..I am led to believe that 2 Andovers used by ITAB were sold to the Air Force who managed to destroy both of them on the ground...9Q-CLL was the last 748 that ITAB operated- and is still flying but with a different company...

Mobotu
29th Sep 2012, 19:54
Talked to the Copilot of CLL the other day - he is in Kinshasa as the aircraft has a hydraulic leak and no mechanic to repair it - what can I say????
So who knows maybe Emanuel will sell you the aircraft?
You just have to find a mechanic that can fix the leak....Difficult I know!

Solid Rust Twotter
29th Sep 2012, 19:59
Joe J should be able to stick a cork in the hole. He's still around Kin IINM.

Mobotu
30th Sep 2012, 19:04
No can do for JJ - the Primus in Kivu does not taste the same as the one in Kin made with only the best ingredients from the Congo river - already tried to convince him a number of times to head East even two years back but he overshot and ended up in ZB!

Solid Rust Twotter
1st Oct 2012, 06:00
Silly bugger. Does he still think he's Mike Tyson after two pints?:} He's good at what he does though, and not afraid to get his hands dirty.

ExExec
10th Oct 2012, 08:05
There is an Ex Executive Aerospace HS748 series 2B s/n 1786 for sale in JNB. Its in very good condition with time left on engines but not on the props. Obviously it will need a serious check before airworthy but the interior is still very good (pax) and certainly can be made flyable without too much trouble. email [email protected] for details. he knows all about it.

Mobotu
14th Nov 2012, 22:04
Sad news Andover C1 9Q-CPW is being cut up in Kinshasa BUT it is going to allow two of it's brothers to resume flying(DRC Air Force) as both aircraft require parts including engines which were burn on a pre-flight more than a year ago.......God Save The Queen!

Baron Von Mildred
6th Dec 2012, 12:04
Zambia Air Force also have one, often seen at FLLS.

captain danger
6th Dec 2012, 16:00
Mobuto...where is the magis spanner JJ....

Got stuff lined up for him...tell him CX10...
:suspect:
Great bucks and tidy in Kin...he must first go to school....

Tell him Marko from DC4 DAYS...

He will know..

I.R.PIRATE
6th Dec 2012, 16:37
Were there not one or two Andovers operating out of Libreville a few years ago? Early '01/'02 or thereabouts?

Mobotu
6th Dec 2012, 22:14
One got cut up in Liberville and the other crashed in Bandundu DRC in 2002.

Zeflo27
31st Jan 2013, 18:41
Anyone heard from JJ lately?