PDA

View Full Version : DHL Possible Strike Action

wheelbarrow
22nd Sep 2012, 19:54
I hear there is a lot of unrest in DhlAir UK, negative ballot on payrise thru Balpa and unstable rosters.
Should be interesting leading up to the busy Christmas rush.

Seems DhlAir UK management are playing a very dangerous game after posting positive profit returns.

KAG
24th Sep 2012, 10:04
I have ordered some books (in Europe from Asia), I am still awaiting DHL to deliver them...
I will start to beleive it will be faster if I go get them myself.

Anybody knows when this "stike" or whatever it is will stop, and what was the reason?

maybepilot
24th Sep 2012, 10:24
KAG,

DHL should have given you a taking number so just check and see where your boxes are...
As far as the strike there is no such a thing ongoing so again, check your traking number or maybe call the bookstore and see if they have sent it at all.:ugh::ugh:

Reasons to strike?Google search does better than any book your might order and read:
DHL, Unite Scotland, Marks and Spencer, DHL Supply Chain, distribution centre, strike action, strike - Supply Chain Digital (http://www.supplychaindigital.com/warehousing_storage/dhl-supply-chain-staff-vote-for-strike-action)

Best foot forward
24th Sep 2012, 12:07
Wheelbarrow no need to stir it up like that there is a long way to go before any action like that could be taken if ever.

2 Whites 2 Reds
25th Sep 2012, 14:48
Agreed. Stirring it at this stage will accomplish nothing.

It won't be allowed to get that far and nor should it. The Xmas rush is a busy and stressful enough time as it is. Last years winter was less harsh than the year before but after a month or so of 3 sector nights with de-icing everywhere I was still drained, as was everyone else.....the last thing we need is a negative attitude right now.

Lets hope that this issue is resolved soon and go into the busy period with this behind us.

KAG
26th Sep 2012, 12:21
Maybepilot: my parcel (in fact several) are still in Germany, it has been stucked there for around a week.

Hence my feeling that the strike has already started...

Davaar
26th Sep 2012, 14:44
If DHL goes on strike, how will you know? Not from non-delivery, that's for sure.

JB007
27th Sep 2012, 18:29
2 Whites 2 Reds

PFFFTTT !!!!

Keep smiling dude!

maybepilot
28th Sep 2012, 12:30
"my parcel (in fact several) are still in Germany, it has been stucked there for around a week.

Hence my feeling that the strike has already started..."

A strike maybe expected to take place in the UK already affecting delivery of books stuck in Germany bound to Asia.
Fascinating......:ugh::ugh:

Davaar
28th Sep 2012, 15:50
A strike maybe expected to take place in the UK already affecting delivery of books stuck in Germany bound to Asia.

.... and delivery of books stuck a mile or two away but unreachable in Canada, from Germany to Canada.

SMT Member
28th Sep 2012, 22:07
... or a shipment from Stockholm to Oslo stuck in Copenhagen because of fog in Brussels. Really, guys, this is sort of goo the world of integrators is made of.