PDA

View Full Version : ATP Helicopter to ATP airplane help

Joebootx
21st Sep 2012, 19:34
I've found that if you have an ATP helicopter license you can take an add-on Added Rating Airplane (ARA) test. It is a 50 question test versus the full 80 or so. Anyone taken this and have any insight for a study guide? I do realize I could just study for the full exam again, just looking for a short cut. This is FAA related.
Thanks,
JB

GoodGrief
21st Sep 2012, 21:26
There are no short cuts. Earn it.

hihover
21st Sep 2012, 21:47
I did it the other way round, I had an FAA ATP Airplane and if I remember correctly I used Dauntless software for the study. It's not difficult.

Tam

Joebootx
21st Sep 2012, 21:56
GoodGrief: I have already "earned it" but thanks for nothing. Hihover i'll check out Dauntless, thank you.

rick1128
22nd Sep 2012, 18:57
I also did it the other way. I used ASA software. It was mostly airplane type questions so you should be familiar with the questions. You might also try webexams.com.

ediks
22nd Sep 2012, 19:19
I used Gleim which gives you specific tutelage for passing the ARA, didn't find Dauntless as helpful. Took a bit longer but well worth it as I ended up with 98% on the ARA.
Before starting out though, ensure you have 250 PIC Airplane hours or like me you'll have to wait a little bit for your checkride :)