View Full Version : AirAsia wants Govt to allocate more funds to DCA

veloo maniam
21st Sep 2012, 01:39
AirAsia wants Govt to allocate more funds to DCA (http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/9/19/business/12046690&sec=business)

KUALA LUMPUR: The Government should allocate more funds for the Department of Civil Aviation Malaysia (DCA) in Budget 2013 in line with its efforts to transform Malaysia into a tourism hub in Asean.

AirAsia chief executive officer Aireen Omar said with air travel becoming a very crucial driver of the country's tourism, more funds for DCA would boost the department's capabilities in handling Malaysia's growing air traffic.

“Airlines from Malaysia, including AirAsia, bring a lot of traffic to the region and the country,” she told Bernama in an interview. Aireen: ‘Airlines from Malaysia, including AirAsia, bring a lot of traffic to the region and the country.’

Prime Minister cum Finance Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak is scheduled to table Budget 2013 on Sept 28.

Aireen said AirAsia's pilots were having difficulties with air traffic control at Malaysian airports, and the issue was persistent with the ever increasing flight movements at the airports during peak periods.

She added that the Government should consider introducing a system to monitor the landing period of planes according to airlines to prevent delays, like what was practised in Singapore, Indonesia and the Phillippines.

“Maybe through the system, we can ensure a smooth and efficient aviation industry,” she said.

Malaysia registered 24.7 million tourist arrivals last year with about RM58.3bil in receipts.

For the first six months of 2012, a total of 11.6 million tourists visited Malaysia, registering growth of 2.4% compared with the same period last year.

Total tourism receipts for the first half of this year also rose, generating RM26.8bil in revenue, up 4% over the same period in 2011. Bernama

lesenterbang
21st Sep 2012, 02:01
While we are at this ATC topic, there is this one thing that made me wonders.

There is a 5 minutes separation for aircraft on AGOSA departure out of KUL. There is no such restriction for any other SID.

What is the reason for the restriction?

veloo maniam
21st Sep 2012, 04:45
Hello lesenterbang..
The 5 min has been imposed due to RT congestion
in this particular sector i.e sector 1(the biggest thus far) on 132.8.
Ctlers have complained of too many 'block' transmissions
by pilots and also the Ctler has to watch six areas of
conflicts in his/her jurisdictions at any one time.
Plans are ahead to split this sector into a upper and lower
segment. Just bear with us for awhile.:ok:

Fair.Pilot
22nd Sep 2012, 16:32
Why in KLIA holding point A11 is closed again?Last week was A10! MAB can't seems to fix this 2 holding points... Are the contractors UMNO's cronies? That probably explains it.

Landing 32R at night, where's the location signs for A5 and A4? Don't tell me the bulbs have burnt again.....

The white arrow sign on threshold runway 32R has faded since years ago. Why no attempt to repaint it?

veloo maniam
23rd Sep 2012, 12:13
Will forward to KLIA Officer by 24th/Sept:ok:

syukri
23rd Sep 2012, 17:08
Only by the faded paint u've already conclude it was UMNO's fault? Im amazed with your ultra-high level of efficiency...:D

kwaiyai
26th Sep 2012, 07:12
I hear DCA wont issue letter now for Work permit renewal Here at AA due to alot of complaints again regarding No upgrades for Local FO's.

kwaiyai
29th Sep 2012, 14:10
Getting worse. Management think they are sooo damn good and full of themselves how come the DCA only give them 6 months more on the AOC due to so much bad things. I hear Senior Management must go down to DCA an explain themselves now for there Fk Ups.

How can a Foreign FO be flying without Validation using CPL only from another country for starts.

Work permit becoming an issue as no doubt they scared cos it means no Bond to pay back fro many and lots of new jobs around without the likes of that Management.

I mean look at the CEO gets in the Flight International saying he will buy SQ and then Pilots are overpaid and go to work pushing buttons and Whining about the Company. Yeah Thats smart as they are your breadwinners chum,
BTW Team Catarham must be blowing hard cash fast I know that business too well before being Pilot, sorry I mean overpaid button pusher and saw too many like that before go wrong:mad:

Glad I got out but look forward to getting that Condominic back for starts:}

jetjockey696
29th Sep 2012, 16:34
So his footballer players in QPR and Team Caterham drivers are over paid then as well... footballer just kick a ball around the field and the drivers just just sit to drive around around.. so why paid them "Heikki Kovalainen Caterham F1 Team €4m and Vitaly Petro Caterham F1 Team €500,000" without worrying about aircraft and passenger safety etc.

Btw TF and his second or third set of management pilots (ex-transmile, Ex airforce) ..many moons ago. told in a meeting of pilots that he hated FO, FO was a waste of space and money, all they did was to BIT&H about the company... if they had there way no FO in cockpit... the rest is history..

its disgust me a CEO speaking like this about his overpaid employees are shortlived. KARMA.:ok:

Now his new team, patching his mistakes in KL and distance themselves from him, while he is hiding in his office behind Ritz Carlton Pacific place.. (that hotel that was sadly bombed) now he is trying to get into Lion Air pants... a bit of hanky panky..and a lot of a oral hot air. like what he did for firefly, MAS and the malaysian government...:=

diddly squat
1st Oct 2012, 17:15
"Prime Minister cum Finance Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak is scheduled to table Budget 2013 on Sept 28."

A bit rude don't you think?:}

squarecrow
2nd Oct 2012, 02:49
He better watch it cos probably easy to put out contract on that guy there:ooh: if he play with locals there.

Fair.Pilot
3rd Oct 2012, 05:50
The nation is being sold off, and you so called pilots are still napping...

BN lancar ‘skim jual negara’ | Free Malaysia Today (http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2012/10/01/bn-lancar-skim-jual-negara/)

kwaiyai
6th Oct 2012, 05:39
Right on Jet Jockey. His BS baffles brains plus he spins the conversation until people just say yes to get him out the office. Hard sales tactics from years ago. Alot of the KL Management like that, must be he has training course for it.:= I remember Virgin had people like that in HR too.

jetjockey696
6th Oct 2012, 12:11
In another way to see AirAsia operations, would be a parasitism...

"Parasitism is a non-mutual relationship between organisms of different species where one organism, the parasite, benefits at the expense of the other, the host.

Parasitism is differentiated from the parasitoid relationship by the fact that parasitoids generally kill their hosts. Parasitoidism occurs in a similar variety of organisms to that in which parasitism occurs.

Parasites reduce host biological fitness by general or specialized pathology, such as parasitic castration and impairment of secondary sex characteristics, to the modification of host behaviour. Parasites increase their fitness by exploiting hosts for resources necessary for their survival"

Parasite = Airasia,
Host = Malaysian government,MAS, Firefly and Batavia (maybe)

nostep
7th Oct 2012, 01:01
Big News of the Week from a friend of a friend

50 Batavia Pilots Dont want to be part of Tony F expansion into Indonesia, and have given notice and Joining Lion,

Haaaaaaa I bet Lions happy happy happy, no more shortage of crew.

And Tony well he doesnt like Pilots he will be happy as saving in salarys, more for F1 and Badminton, now he can be a multi billionaire

:ok:

kwaiyai
7th Oct 2012, 07:37
:D What goes around comes around.

jetjockey696
7th Oct 2012, 10:39
Karrrrrrma ...lah..:ok:

syukri
7th Oct 2012, 11:56
I wonder why they r leaving? Since Mr T promise nothing to Batavia but route expansion and more aircraft.. Isn't that a good thing? There must see something...

squarecrow
8th Oct 2012, 03:04
Easy to Talk big words like promise isnt it. Look at da mess he cause allready
an all voiced out here as well.