PDA

View Full Version : Perth LH base

skypryncess
9th Apr 2002, 00:00
Hi All,

Does anyone here fly LH for QF Perth based? If so I have a few questions re: trips available, wages etc......recruitment? Is there likely to be any sort of reaction to Emirates initiating flights direct to Dubai as of August?
I am also aware that there are a few vacancies in Perth being offered to SH FA's. Does anyone know how you can apply for these positions? Thanking you in advance.

Skypryncess

leemo
9th Apr 2002, 09:53
No external applicants are being taken at the moment as I think they will fill the slots with S/H crew who want to transfer to L/H.

If you are existing Skyprincess just go and see a PDM about transfering over. QF have waived the minimum 2yr in catagory as they really need crew in Perth.

I checked the bid package for flying out of Perth and its all Singapore and Hong Kong, some of the HK trips have very short slips there.

Look out for a big recruitment drive in June/July for all bases.

Leemo

Evacu8
11th Apr 2002, 08:11
Not toos sure if there will be recruitment fro the Long Haul PER base, but have heard there is a strong possibility of a short haul base opening in the near future..... we are currently doing PHE, BME, KGI, DRW, DPS all with shorthaul crew overnighting from the eastern states!

But also was told at an Onboard Manager briefing day a couple of months ago that all future shorthaul recruitment will be casual, and they will all be employed by a company called Morris Alexander Management (run by the same people who ran Flight Force, which provided Ansett with their casuals). So it sounds like anyone interested in flying shorthaul for QF needs to track down this new M.A.M company (I believe it is base in MEL).

There have just been upgrades (CSM&CSS) for the PER and MEL bases, so there may be a need for new Long Haul crew, but I think all the possies will be filled with Shorthaul Transfers.

As for the flying, just looked at the pattern book for BP218 (next BP).... not much there.

3 day Sydney trips (34hours slip)
4 Day Hong Kong/ Singapore trips (17hrs/ 23hrs repectively)
5 & 6 Day Tokyo (NRT) trips (57 hrs slip/ 82 hrs slip)
3 day Singapore trips (34 hrs slip)
Jakarta shuttles (PER-CGK-PER)

Thats it, not a hell of a lot of variation!! :rolleyes:

Hope this helps!

Evacu8
15th Apr 2002, 08:12
Have just heard, QF is interviewing for Long Haul crew in Perth this Thursday.

BUT.... it is only for ex-Ansett cabin crew who registered with Monster.com when Ansett went belly-up.

They are not accepting any other applications.

I believe from friends who were from Ansett that they all registered with mosnter.com last year for future QF positions, and this is the first they have heard back from it.

Not too sure how many positions are available, but I know they just did CSM & CSS upgrades, so I s'pose these interviews are to replace those who got the promotions.

Good Luck to any who are going for it!! :)

vdd
13th May 2002, 12:10
Hi

I know this is an old subject but I just re-read it and most of the comments are that Perth LH was going to be filled with ex AN F/As or internally by SH F/As.

A person where I work (here in Adl) just left today for Perth to be a QF LH F/A. Not in the airline industry and was interviewed in Syd last June. Finally got the go ahead!

Just thought I'd mention it.... gives a bit of hope to all wannabe's out there with no airline experience.

Cheers:)

FloatJockey
13th May 2002, 16:02
VDD, thanks for that! It is good news.

I am about to apply for L/H with Qantas, I have no previous F/A experience but I speak several languages (non-asian). I hope somebody will have a look at my resume... maybe it won't end up straight into the bin... :( Maybe they HAVE to hire wannabes because they need people with foreign languages? At least a few for L/H! C'mon!! I'm friendly, I'm cute, I'll be your bathroom mat!!.... Oh gosh! I'd hate that!

...can you tell me if your colleague speaks a foreign language???

Mrs. FloatJockey

------------------------------------------------------------------
Uh! This "art of begging" for a job in aviation is heart-breaking!

vdd
14th May 2002, 09:39
Hello Mrs Floatjockey

No, my colleague did not speak a second language.

A few months ago I emailed Qantas and asked what their language requirements were for 2002 (as their website is out of date) and they replied that there are no language requirements for cabin crew. I've had this confirmed by other QF F/As also. On the other hand, Aust Airlines seem to be very keen on Asian speakers. I don't speak an Asian language, only a European language, but will give Aust Airlines a go anyway. Cairns could be good!

Are you going to send your CV direct to Qantas Long Haul even though they aren't advertising at the moment? If you do, I hope they appreciate your language skills. I might forward my CV as well. Just have to get a proper photo done!

Cheers and if you need more info (not that I have much!) just let me know.:)