PDA

View Full Version : China

winkwink
20th Sep 2012, 00:45
Any idea what a biz jet job in China would entail in terms of licence conversion, medical etc? If the aircraft are based over there, being operated on a part 135/AOC type operation, I'd assume it would be on Chinese registered aircraft. I've heard things are a little strict......

Ta

AvNews
23rd Nov 2013, 06:27
China eases private aircraft travel rules

China has simplified flight approval procedures for private aircraft in a move that may lead to the full opening of its under-developed general aviation market.

http://www.ainonline.com/sites/default/files/uploads/533_img_9141.jpg

The move may provide marketing opportunities for companies such as Cessna and Bombardier Inc who have been eager to sell their pricy private jets in the world’s largest economy.

Under the new rule, jointly issued by the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) and the military, companies or individuals flying in a private jet or helicopter outside a no-fly zone within the country no longer need to submit their plans to the military. They only need the permission of CAAC.

The policy, effective Dec. 1, marks China’s latest step in easing its grip on air space since late 2010 when it opened up low-altitude space for commercial jets in select cities, industry observers say.

“It’s good now that they’ve eased the control all over the country, not just in those pilot cities. But the market for general aviation is still in the initial stage and it’s hard to say how fast it could grow,” said Jefferies Hong Kong analyst Liu Boyong. “We don’t have enough airports for small jets.”

BUSINESS - China eases private aircraft travel rules (http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/china-eases-private-aircraft-travel-rules.aspx?pageID=238&nID=58303&NewsCatID=345)

envoy
23rd Nov 2013, 07:17
This all sounds good: heavy-handed PLAAF control of airspace has always been the stumbling block when seeking flight permits - short notice or otherwise. If the air force is removed from the equation in 'no fly zones' then perhaps things will be more convenient - noting that you still need CAAC permission to operate.

So.... what's the definition of a 'no fly zone'?

I suspect that the 'no fly zones' are limited, and possibly of limited consequence to the majority of airspace users. This may be a lot of puff to distract critics of the airspace system in China.

What I would really like to see is an across the board change in CAAC ATC procedures and facilities management. The excessive safety margins and inflexible procedures built into the system guarantee that, no matter what, you will be left shaking your head or thumping the cockpit sides with your fists at the gross inefficiencies that abound. What's the point of an elaborate slot system if your take off and landing sequencing does not allow you to stream aircraft in an efficient manner? Or parking each aircraft in a bubble the size of an A380, so that your parking areas span into the next province?

There, I feel better now.

Edit: just realised I reacted to the news clipping - and failed to answer the OP's question. Sorry!

AvNews
23rd Nov 2013, 08:07
Just realised I reacted to the news clipping - and failed to answer the OP's question.

I posted this news under the "China" thread title and not because of the nature of the OP's post, rather than start another thread.

In the longrun one suspects that China will liberate its air traffic system - maybe,