View Full Version : PPSC CLASS SIZE?

Harvey SM
4th Jun 2001, 11:43
Just a thought... Can anyone tell me the average class size at PPSC? Are you divided up in to different groups etc?
Cheers

Jimmy Mack
4th Jun 2001, 18:17
Depends on the subject. There seemed to be more for the Nav subjects (about a classroom ful of 20 or so) and less for the Tech (about a Portakabin full - yes we were in a Portakabin - about 11 of us).

That was pre-JAR - so I can't say since the change.

Charlie Hotel
5th Jun 2001, 00:05
I assume that you are asking about class size on the full-time course. I would be equally interested to know how many there are in the revision weeks? Do the distance learning people join the full-time when they are ready or are the revision weeks separate?

I am about 1/2 way through my navs with PPSC, and tried to ask them this question but was somewhat confused with the answer given. I think the person on the other end thought I was a prospective customer rather than an existing one, and was trying on her sales pitch!

I would be interested in any comments from people who have done the full/part-time courses. :)

boxjockey99
6th Jun 2001, 22:42
I completed my JAR ATPL exams in April with PPSC having started with them in July 2000. There were 9 people on my course in Module 1 (nav subjects) and then in Mod 2 there were only 3 of us as we were the only ones to get reasonable amount of passes. I'm pleased to say that the next Mod 2 course had a couple of my mod 1 course mates on it as they nailed most of their mod 1 resits in the first resits. If you need any more info please message me or e-mail me on [email protected]

thefridge
7th Jun 2001, 19:30
Did both my brush up courses at PPSC last year (pre JAA.

All classes were in the portacabin, and there were 30 students, this was the run up to the end of the CAA CPL/ATPL course.

The courses were good as were most of the lecturers, Enjoyed the met as the Guy taking the course was a laugh, learnt more that way.

Good way to meet up with fellow students as well.

Got me through the exams, and am now a part time flying instructor, doing work out of Lydd, Biggin Hill and Rochestor.

Good luck with the course

Airborne Hamster
8th Jun 2001, 22:55
On our four week ATPL course there,there were four of us,this being in the building 'proper'.To my horror we were told that the brush-up boys would be joining us for the final two weeks which would increase the class size to twenty-odd and a move into the portacabins to accommodate the extras!
Infact as fridge says this actually helped as there is more input and questions are asked which you may have not even thought of!

In balance,PPSC are to be recommended.