PDA

View Full Version : What are we allowed to talk about? GTE - no; Etihad - no; RYR - limited?

FANS
17th Sep 2012, 11:47
Are any threads relating to Genghis The Engineer either removed or locked??

This beggars belief, that we can't even discuss the event.

I'm well aware that Pprune is a commercial business, but it's value is fast diminishing if posts get deleted/locked if the powers that be don't like them.

So far, we can't talk about GTE, Etihad and RYR posts were all locked last week.

Can the mods please enlighten us on what is happening & what we are allowed to talk about, so we can conclude if it's worth still visiting the website?

What is the point of PPrune now - if you don't want to talk about CTC aptitude tests, flexicrew or someone youtubing a normal 777 landing.

FANS
17th Sep 2012, 12:34
I would just like to understand what can be discussed and can't be discussed.

If we can't discuss GTE/Etihad/RYR etc., then that's fine, I'd just like clarification so that I don't fall foul of these rules.

Golf-Sierra
17th Sep 2012, 12:36
Why would you want to discuss Etihad and RYR on the Private Flying forum anyway?

Golf-Sierra

S-Works
17th Sep 2012, 12:39
Whilst it might pander to the conspiracy theorists to think that someone can be forced off the board or be so upset that they flounce and delete their posts.

The answer is much simpler, when an account is suspended for whatever reason the historical posts are hidden so that only the post owner and the admins can see them.

Do you really think that someone is going to sit and delete thousands of posts.

I suspect this is all a storm in a teacup and normal service will be resumed shortly.

So lets move on and discuss more interesting stuff. Anyone got an EASA licence yet?

Pilot DAR
17th Sep 2012, 12:47
Anyone got an EASA licence yet

Nope.

My planes still demand only an ignition key ;)

Duckeggblue
17th Sep 2012, 12:48
Can the mods please enlighten us on what is happening & what we are allowed to talk about, so we can conclude if it's worth still visiting the website?

I don't think they will, it is their game and PPruNe, like most things, has it's own agenda.

It becomes a bit self destructive - Ultimately, the site becomes less interesting when subjects are forbidden with no obvious logic and therefore less attractive to contributors and so to advertisers.
:(

So lets move on and discuss more interesting stuff. Anyone got an EASA licence yet?
Doh, not somebody else trying to tell us what we should and shouldn't discuss........:hmm:

B2N2
17th Sep 2012, 12:52
Is it blasphemous to suggest to delete the entire Jet blast sub forum and get back to talking aviation?
I hope GtE finds his way back though.

if you don't want to talk about CTC aptitude tests, flexicrew or someone youtubing a normal 777 landing.Copy that.

S-Works
17th Sep 2012, 12:56
Doh, not somebody else trying to tell us what we should and shouldn't discuss........

Nope, merely offering another subject of disscussion......... :ok:

Duckeggblue
17th Sep 2012, 13:02
That's human nature Bose, the more you tell people they can't discuss something, the more they want to................... and, the more they believe that there is some convoluted reason why they are not allowed to....... :)

clareprop
17th Sep 2012, 13:04
Well, the explanation I read seems to suggest that, probably inadvertently, something has been written which breaches a commercial confidentiality. That has possibly triggered a legal complaint. In that case the owners must be seen to be taking every step to rectify the issue. Like others, I doubt if all the posts have been removed permanently.

Rod1
17th Sep 2012, 13:53
Genghis the Engineer has resurfaced on Flyer and put his side.

Rod1

B2N2
17th Sep 2012, 13:56
Do we need to guess the rest Rod?
Can you give us more info?

Rod1
17th Sep 2012, 13:59
I am very carefully quoting a fact – go look for yourself!

Rod1

A and C
17th Sep 2012, 15:13
OH you can add Easy Jet diverting to pick up two first aid kits to the things you can't talk about !

Cows getting bigger
17th Sep 2012, 18:12
Does pprune have the power to ban EASA? :O

Pace
17th Sep 2012, 21:26
Cows Getting Bigger

Does PPRuNe have the power to ban EASA?

I wish? More likely to ban N reg in Europe!!!

Pace

peterh337
18th Sep 2012, 04:43
I see some posts have been edited without so marked - presumably by mods.

GTE's posts on Flyer.co.uk are in the non aviation section, so hard to find.