PDA

View Full Version : EK interview shortlist for FO'S

Pages : 1 [2]

fliion
5th Jul 2013, 04:37
If anyone on here needs to ask (or is puzzled about ) what other factors are relevant other than hours...

Well lets just say - don't hold your breath for an offer.

f.

Busworld
5th Jul 2013, 08:31
@adwjenk I'm Airbus rated (A320) shortlisted since Sep2012.

What about the simulator assessment, any ideas of what they will do on a LOE?

Thanks

donpizmeov
5th Jul 2013, 10:48
A couple of commands on the mini bus after 12 months, so that would be the quickest at the moment. Over 110 777 now, with a planned fleet of 160. The majority of the 1800ish FOs ahead of you on the Seniors list are on the B777. If/when EK orders the 77x it wont be available until after 2020. So don't come here looking for a quick command, as the days of the fleet doubling every 3 to 4 years are gone. With present orders and aircraft retirement plans there is no command seat available for a new joiner at the moment.

Good luck,

The Don

mooseknuckles
5th Jul 2013, 10:58
Guys, it shouldn't matter what they might ask you or what they might do in the sim. If you are truly ready for this job then you will be able to comfortably handle whatever they throw at you. They aren't going to ask you to do calculus and they aren't expecting you to do an ILS inverted with your eyes closed. My god, how do you fly airplanes without knowing what going to happen? It must be terrifying for you. :ugh:

I actually wish there wasn't any gouge out there about the interview for candidates to prep from. Then perhaps we would get an honest assessment of the potential rather than canned or over prepped answers.

RjAgCR
8th Jul 2013, 17:54
Hey guys got a question, what was your "wait" period from the time you sent in the application to the time you were called with an interview date?!! :confused:

:ok:

hamd
9th Jul 2013, 14:27
guys anyone knows why wud the status show "not successful" even before an interview call :uhoh::ugh:
im FO 2000 plus on A320 and FO 1000 plus on A330.
anybody else got this?

mooseknuckles
9th Jul 2013, 16:34
Hamd,

Unfortunately for you I think it's your location. A few of your compatriots have made your country less desirable for recruiting. There have been several cases of applicants who came in with overstated or fictitious hours. One of whom then proceeded to crash the sim on the first normal takeoff and two subsequent attempts. It sucks for guys like you who have put in real time. I've heard that the difficulty in verifying hours is the key factor, especially when there are many applicants from other countries not as affected by fraudulent logbooks. I'm not saying that about you in case that wasn't clear.

hamd
9th Jul 2013, 18:11
mooseknuckles: thnx for the info

yupp that could be a reason...there have been many cases here recently and in past...cant help it:ugh:...i guess ill try again later, if they ever get time to verify this atleast in the sim!!:rolleyes:

VijayMallya
9th Jul 2013, 18:49
What?! There must be something more to it... A lotta guys from India have been called and selected. RECENTLY!

And Mr Moose-wiseass-Knuckles, like log books are not fudged anywhere else? :hmm:

fatbus
10th Jul 2013, 01:05
Can you read VM?

montencee
10th Jul 2013, 07:00
What?! There must be something more to it... A lotta guys from India have been called and selected. RECENTLY!

Well, maybe that's it then. They look for a balance of background and culture, i.e. not too many of any one group. It's so they don't get together and start causing trouble when they find out it's not quite as advertised at the interview.

mooseknuckles
10th Jul 2013, 14:16
VM,

sorry if the reality offends you. If you would read my post carefully and think before you write you would see that I said its only a few cases here who are causing the problems for everyone else who have put in honest time. The reality is that logbook fraud is rampant on the subcontinent. Sure, it's always a problem everywhere, but nowhere else is it as bad or as public. Do you dispute that fact? I challenge you to refute the argument that logbook fraud is a problem in India. Please enlighten us.

donpizmeov
10th Jul 2013, 15:38
VM,

The seniors list shows 8 chaps from India joining in the past 18 months. Not sure that counts as "allota". Perhaps the ones you know are NRI and holding another passport?
Now be a nice fella and apologize to Moosey, for you being such a prat.

The Don

3Ten
10th Jul 2013, 17:07
I have been sitting for a whole year with the Under Review on my application. Is this normal?

There's a "small" glitch I stumbled upon when I attended a road show a few months ago: The HR person making the presentation said at some point, that they would take no one over age 48 for F/O positions. There's nowhere in the EK careers site that states that fact, but I supose it could be to avoid discrimination acusations.

Actualy I started my flying career at age 40, so now I am 49 and 4,500 hrs TT, 4,200 are multi jet, 3,000 are wide body, 3,900 are Airbus, 1,300 FBW and an university degree. I think is experience enough to expect being called for an interview, or not?

I think that having succeded to start my carrer at that age, keeping my job with the same airline for 9 years, having my 2nd heavy jet type rating with 650 hrs TT, only says good things about my professional performance, and I still can offer 16 years of professional flying from now on.

Considering all this, is it normal to wait so long? Or the under review only means that they are waiting for me to give up? I am no longer absolutely sure that the EK option is the best for me presently (maybe that's why I take the risk of posting this and being identified), but I realy would like to understand if is this me or is it normal.

Cheers

Boeing Europe
11th Jul 2013, 04:37
When people speak of fraudulent log book entries how do people get away with this both airlines I have worked for wanted stamped books and also contacted previous employer to verify what is in my book is what I have flown can't see how anyone could get away with it especially with a company like emirates who I am sure do in depth background checks on prospective employees

flyboy_nz
11th Jul 2013, 08:14
3Ten, that's really impressive. Well done and good luck.

I can see a few bad apples from India damaging the reputation for the rest. Is this the same case for most sub-continent applicants?

I am currently working on a turbo-prop in Indonesia. I am hoping to move onto jets soon, hopefully in Indonesia and then in a few years Emirates. How does Emirates view experience from an airline in Indonesia where safety standards are lot lower than the west. A good example would be Lion Air.

VijayMallya
12th Jul 2013, 19:03
Mooseknucles,

Yes, it does offend me that we had a two cases of people getting their licences fraudently and because of all the media attention it received it is a problem in the subcontinent? Even a go-around in India makes it to the frontpage. Why? Because it's "fun to read".

This boderline yellow journalism and I am sorry for my language used. Please read the following article

Passengers panic as chopper neared landing plane in Chandigarh | NDTV.com (http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/passengers-panic-as-chopper-neared-landing-plane-in-chandigarh-334352)

This what our profession is subjected to every other week, and makes it a sensitive issue for me.

I take pride in being from the subcontinent and no, I wasn't aware that only 8 chaps have joined in the last year and half. Just like what flyboy_nz said a few bad apples shouldn't and doesn't give you the right to point a finger at everyone from the region.

mooseknuckles
12th Jul 2013, 20:20
VM,

Again, and for the third and last time, I emphasised that it was a few cases. Personally I do not care one little bit about this issue. I was simply relaying rumours (this is Pprune) that I had heard in the hiring dept. I am not personally pointing fingers at anyone. It would seem that your issue is with the media. What I can tell you for a fact is that I have several non-pilot friends from India who refuse to set foot on an Indian airline for this and several other reasons. Regardless, your apparent inability to read my statements and not take them personally or even comprehend what I was trying to say has led me to the conclusion that this is pointless, so best of luck.

p.s. remember the adage "thou dost protest too much"

3Ten
12th Jul 2013, 22:25
And no rumors to entertain me mooseknucles?

stealthpilot
13th Jul 2013, 21:38
hamd I have no idea why your status went to "not successful", quite frankly your guess is as good as mine.

Like moose said it could be due to your location but I highly doubt it. I seriously doubt it's because some Indian applicants come with fraudulent hours or crash the sim during the interview, or that EK doesn't want to hire too many from a single nationality (India wont be up there for sure)

If anything the big problem with pilots with Indian licenses is the DGCA. The airlines will certify the pilots logbook= that isn't the issue. The headache is the 6 month notice period and the DGCA not bothering about or replying to foreign authorities with verifications etc. Again no idea about your application but Indians do still get interviewed .....

vinayak
14th Jul 2013, 12:00
That's been a problem as well.... The 6 months notice period. I don't see how a regulator needs to inforce it but, it's the law of the land! :rolleyes:

The guys who've gone to Singapore for Tiger or SilkAir had converted to their licences to FAA ATPL to overcome this problem. The DGCA simply won't reply to the verification requests.

hamd
18th Jul 2013, 07:54
yupp...thou the link is still there to "Update" the application, but the status wouldnt change anyway.:*
its just frustrating to be "Unsuccessful" without even getting a chance to prove it:ugh::rolleyes:
anyways, good luck to you guys!!

vinayak
18th Jul 2013, 09:25
Try contacting them thru email... Or alternatively just put in another application.

See if that works for ya

ManFlex46
23rd Jul 2013, 19:54
I doubt a new application can be made with the same name, license number, passport number etc???? and as far as I know they don't reply to emails anyway...
good luck Hamd...its sad indeed!

GShocker
4th Aug 2013, 11:25
Hi.

Does anyone have a clue what's going on at the EK end at the moment? I passed interviews, sim and compass test in London nearly two years ago and I'm still waiting for the invitation to Dubai for the final two days of the assessment. Status has remained "shortlisted" all the time at my application. I'm in no rush but I'm still wondering as it really has been nearly two years since my first two days of testing.

Rock320
4th Aug 2013, 11:27
read earlier that if your status changes from shortlisted to SHORTLISTED (with capitals), you should be expecting a call for assessment any time. ..but I know someone whose been SHORTLISTED for the past year and a half....
Anyone knows anything about that????

Xulu
4th Aug 2013, 21:28
They explained at the recent roadshow that shortlisted means you have met the requirements and/or being considered for specifically one of the fleet.

SHORLISTED means you have met the requirements and/or being considered for more than one type.

Rock320
5th Aug 2013, 06:44
Thanks Xulu...
Have been SHORTLISTED for the past 3 weeks. ..

Buys Ballot
6th Aug 2013, 16:10
Anybody going to the PSP1 in AMS on the 18th August?

Shortlisted since February 2012.
SHORTLISTED since April 2013.

GShocker
6th Aug 2013, 20:13
I had to check out that one because I've never thought the difference between capitals and small letters...

So I'm "Shortlisted".

RjAgCR
7th Aug 2013, 06:47
What was your experiencie when Shortlisted in FEB 2012 and what is after SHORTLISTED in APR 2013!? :confused:

Just trying to understand whatever pattern it is...if any!

Cheers :ok:

Buys Ballot
7th Aug 2013, 07:10
FEB 2012: 3800 TT, 2000 A320
APR 2013: 4700 TT, 2900 A320

I didn't know that, but as Xulu said a few posts back, SHORTLISTED means you have met the requirements for more than one type. And EK announced some time ago they require 3000 hrs Airbus time for A380 DEFO. Is the pattern revealing...?

:ok:

RjAgCR
7th Aug 2013, 15:55
- 3000 hours multi-crew, multi-engine jet with MTOW 50+ tonnes which must include 1500 hours and current on modern fly by wire Airbus aircraft

How I understand this is they only require 1500 hrs and current on modern Airbus and 3000 hrs multi-crew MEL jet over 50+ MTOW....but you are probably right, you are close to 3000 on Airbus and thats why your status is now SHORTLISTED....I applied 3 weeks ago and I am Shortlisted, I have 2600+ hrs on Airbus but not current and over 6100 ttl of which close to 4000 hrs are multi-crew jet over 50+ MTOW....so I am probably only been considered for the B777 I guess...anyways, good luck on the interview!!:ok:

Buys Ballot
7th Aug 2013, 16:38
Thank you RjAgCR!

At a pilot roadshow earlier this year, they mentioned that only current, 3000+ hrs bus drivers would be considered for A380 DEFO. Indeed, it's not written in the official requirements, so I don't know if it's still valid.

I have 2600+ hrs on Airbus but not current and over 6100 ttl
...so I am probably only been considered for the B777 I guess...

With your experience, I guess so too.

Hope they call you soon! :ok:

Xulu
7th Aug 2013, 17:53
They also mentioned they are currently inviting people to assessment with >2800 hrs. So you could be SHORTLISTED before you hit the official requirements, as is the case above. Airbus pool is essentially empty.

Worth putting in an application and updating it regularly.

RjAgCR
7th Aug 2013, 18:05
Thanks for the info ... I will wait and see what happens, the only thing is that I am currently flying the E190 PIC so no longer current on the bus and wont get past the hours I already have the airbus .... anyways, I am Shortlisted and when the times comes they will call me ...the type, although I'd love to fly the A380, is no my priority right now...but we'll see what happens...

Good luck to you on the assessment and keep us posted on how it goes...:cool:

Fly safe

Rock320
12th Aug 2013, 19:26
anyone got a call for assessment yet??

have 4000 Total and 2200 airbus, and am SHORTLISTED....

enthusiast
13th Aug 2013, 00:58
in my opinion they will not invite you soon with such hrs due to the location you live in. More than likely EK much prefers european pilot than others. Ive met a pilot was successful to get already hired by EK as a 380 DEFO. But he is still building airbus time in his present company to meet the EK requirement. after finishing building, the date of joing will be given from EK. we should be more patient and relax. Just my 2 cents.:O

Murrenfan
13th Aug 2013, 09:30
Sorry but you've completely lost track with your post. EK has more than 80 different nationalities flying their planes. Since supply is much higher than demand they are selecting the most suitable ones at this time and I can assure you "nationality selection" is not part of the process. Please get your facts straight before posting non sense.

Mfan

Drivingairbus
22nd Aug 2013, 00:45
Excelent Answer murrefan , looks like we have some xenophobic posts !

lakunas
22nd Aug 2013, 16:57
Just got an interview date in DXB. NOt sure wether to go or not. Too long time till the upgrade 10-12 y. I think Qatar or even Etihad will be sooner if I go DEC 320 TRI. Even China offers DEC on 330 as NTR PIC.
11000 t.t. 8000 PIC, almost 6000 jet PIC 737 and A320

Flyboy41
25th Aug 2013, 19:39
Hi all. Got an interview with EK in nov for FO. If successful does anyone have an idea on an approximate start date? I'm Boeing rated. Thanks...

Iver
26th Aug 2013, 00:18
I know the ads (including the one on PPrune) are saying A380 FO slots for suitable Airbus rated pilots. But it also sounds like many Boeing guys getting called too. Does that mean that Boeing guys might be considered for the A380 or does it strictly mean that 777 slots are starting to open up again?

fatbus
26th Aug 2013, 00:54
The plan is to put 320 pilots on a CCQ . So I would say only 320 pilots for the 380

pilot3103
25th Sep 2013, 09:18
Any news on people getting more interviews or would it now be quiet until the winter? Thanks

captmycka
8th Oct 2013, 09:55
Seems that EK is done with recruitment for 2013,:{:{
Applied Decemb. 2012 F/O
TT 7.000
Jet 3.000
"SHORTLISTED" for about 8 months:(

Fly Safe

RjAgCR
8th Oct 2013, 21:49
Seems that EK is done with recruitment for 2013,
Applied Decemb. 2012 F/O
TT 7.000
Jet 3.000
"SHORTLISTED" for about 8 months

Hey man, are you Airbus or Boeing or neither?? Good luck!

captmycka
9th Oct 2013, 16:17
Im on B737

Fly And Smile
26th Nov 2013, 15:34
Hi all,

A quick update for anyone still waiting for that interview call. I just got invited to Amsterdam for the first part of the interview process in February.

3400 hrs TT, just shy of 3000 hrs A320

Has anyone else gotten the invitation?

EST
27th Nov 2013, 00:16
Yepp, same! 2900hrs A320, 3100TT
Amsterdam, Jan 2014

tonker
27th Nov 2013, 07:23
I contacted somebody there recently who should have at least a realistic idea as to whats going to happen.

From a Boeing point of view approx 100 next year, but literally 1000's the year after!

Yorkshire_Pudding
27th Nov 2013, 20:53
Things have slowed a lot for Boeing fleet. Those who attended selection early summer '13 have been told realistically no start before late Summer '14, and face the possibility of falling out the pool. But things change fast.

As others say, things will pick up significantly in future following the recent orders.

donpizmeov
28th Nov 2013, 06:01
Fellas the majority of the recent orders don't arrive until after 2020, and then most are replacements for aircraft already in the fleet.
We have been told a fleet of 240 to 250 by 2020, and we have 212 now. I believe that when aircraft retirements are taken from aircraft deliveries next year the fleet only grows by four aircraft. It has been rumoured that recruitment will stay around the 250 per year mark with a pilot group of 5000 by 2020.
Things can change, but not until they decide what is happening WRT to staying at DXB or moving to DWC.

The Don

umitatl
28th Nov 2013, 07:54
Hi guys,

Just recived invitation for interview process from ek, the matter is time periods are so soon even for the next week..

The situation is i would like to know is for 330 guys if they are planning to direct entry to 330 or ccq the people to 380?

i have 3750 hrs tt,480 hrs 330 rest 320 and 306..

Best regards

gehenna
28th Nov 2013, 08:44
Umitatl

Most of your post does not make much sense.

You cannot ccq from one type to another as a new entrant to a company; you are required to do the full course, with no short-cuts.

umitatl
28th Nov 2013, 10:23
Gehenna

Just mail to toulouse and ask them how to carry out a ccq program for new entry pilots.(if you dont have mail adress i might send you footprints lol) After company conversion you may attend to any kind of ccq program forsure.

On the otherhand,if smth does not make sense on you just disregard it ;)

SOPS
28th Nov 2013, 10:43
Umitati, I have to also add that your posts make no sense. And if you really have an interview next week, I hope you make more sense in person for your sake.

fatbus
28th Nov 2013, 10:52
Most if not all new hires are going directly onto the 380. Very little happening on the 777 until next year and even at that not much as they are over crewed in the new year due to loss of ULR .
Listen to what Don has said about the fleet plan. @50 additional between now and 2020. If you replace every 330 /772/773 with a 380 and add @50 380 I'm guessing that would be close to 70 mil pax (2020) compared to the 40 mil last year.
Has anyone heard of the 380 upgrade courses cxn'd

umitatl
28th Nov 2013, 11:04
Sops

Thanks for kindly suggest,there are few options for interview dates,like 8-11 dec or 15-18 dec so i didnt mean that i have interview next week.just suprised that ek is offering interview like 8 days later?

And also i asked to get how ek is planning for future, didnt post for discussing ccq programs or how to act during interview?!?

So anyone knows how ek is planning 330 typed people?

Thanks for kindly answers about recruitment process..

lorrypilot
28th Nov 2013, 12:18
Hi guys,
i received an e-mail to join ek interview in jan/2014.

any buddy else there in Dubai and how should i start the preparation a little
bit confused.
:ugh::ugh::ugh::8
regards

RjAgCR
28th Nov 2013, 22:55
Hey lorrypilot...what is your experience if you dont mind me asking...i've been shortlisted for the last 4 months so i was just wondering:ugh:

good luck

springbok449
29th Nov 2013, 00:21
Gehenna,

CCQ's from one type to another is allowed as a new entrant in a new company, I did it from 320 to 340.

RjAgCR
29th Nov 2013, 02:58
To those invited to Amsterdam next year...is it an invitation for a Pre-Selection Process or for the roadshow they are having in JAN 2014? just wondering if they would be doing PSP's after that...

lorrypilot
29th Nov 2013, 12:13
hi RjAgCR......
i have 3200 on A320.. and have been on the short list for 6 months.
best of luck for you amigo.
but still dont know how to start preparing myself.:ugh::ugh:

Fly And Smile
30th Nov 2013, 17:24
RjAgCR - I was invited to the PSP, not the roadshow.

EST
2nd Dec 2013, 09:09
can confirm that, itīs PSP1

Flyboy41
2nd Dec 2013, 16:35
Hi all,

Had an invitation for the selection for November 2013. For FO position. I'm Boeing. Late October got an email saying selection postponed as no simulators available during that period my interview was booked for. Anyone else got such an email. Said I will be advised. Keep updating details. :uhoh:

RjAgCR
3rd Dec 2013, 06:00
It's PSP1 in AMS during the same date of the roadshow or different dates?! does anyone know what SIM will they be using...just curious!:E I am shorlisted and still waitting for an invite...:ugh:

RjAgCR
3rd Dec 2013, 06:04
Check your PM's :ok:

YooJay
11th Dec 2013, 22:24
Hi , just wanted to know, what actually happened, did u finally receive any call??
Cheers

stratocus
15th Dec 2013, 10:36
Who is going to Amsterdam for EK interview in January 2014?
I will seat this interview, i have 3000+ hours on A320, if interest to share info, please PM me.

Regards

WINDSHEAR TOGA
15th Dec 2013, 11:42
Anyone with some info on the EK PSP selection in AMS. I have a slot in Feb and would really appreciate some info. I have been told its in the 320 but not what kind of detail will be flown. Same as the one done in Dubai? Is Skytest still the one to prepare on?

Cheers guys.

sluggums
15th Dec 2013, 13:02
Why would it be any different?

South Prince
12th Jan 2014, 12:01
Hi " keep her lit", I applied both Capt and F/O positions in 2011, shortlisted F/O in dec 2012 and never heard since, last week shortlisted for the Capt position; just curious to see the end of it.

aslan1982
12th Jan 2014, 17:50
has anyone recently checked their application. Think they updated the system and messed something up with the applications.

mine has gone from shortlisted to under review and most of the data I put in has been deleted

Now it seems we have to apply again to a new job listing for an FO.

The previous one cannot be found

Anyone else have the same thing

RjAgCR
13th Jan 2014, 17:57
Same here but all my data was lost...according to their website I have not application there and my profile was "re-created" in November when I had been Shortlisted since July 2013....:ugh:

prisoner24601
13th Jan 2014, 19:35
I hear Boeing recruitment started again, does anyone know any info?