View Full Version : Philippine seaplanes.

jumbojet
16th Sep 2012, 15:32
Hi,
Looking for a sea plane to take me from Manilla to Sibuyan Island or Roxas to Sibyan. Any ideas?

Jumbo

Flying Mechanic
16th Sep 2012, 22:18
I was based in Manila for 2 years and never saw any seaplanes operating, your best bet would be to charter a helicopter.

ckalli
17th Sep 2012, 08:40
ive seen a yellow sea plane flying into subic bay.. i dont know the tail number or who it belongs to.

but i was flying to plaridel and remember hearing a request for a water landing at subic over the radio.

u can try your luck.. ask around in Subic.

cheers.

Ankit Kotecha
17th Sep 2012, 09:58
the company was subic seaplanes. operated C172 floats. But I heard they are not operative from past 1 or 2 years.
Never saw any sea planes out of NAIA. try : Helicopter charter, or renting a Cessna to the nearest air strip, and you should try for ferries, almost every part of Philippines is well connected with boats and ships.

bananaman2
17th Sep 2012, 11:35
I saw a seaplane landing in mindoro, late last year... heard it's some charter operation, well a pilot + plane you could hire out. Sorry can't be more exact... would do the research if I had more than 5 minutes!

jonjie
17th Sep 2012, 12:19
There is an airstrip in Sibuyan. I remembered landing there in 97 or 98 in a C206. Dont know if the airstrip is open now though..

rhinoboy55
17th Oct 2012, 04:28
there are no commercial seaplanes in Philippines, pretty sure of that.

RPLL-NAIA
17th Oct 2012, 21:13
Try this company. .:: Seaplane Adventures - Philippine Seaplane Adventures ::. (http://www.seaplaneadventure.com/psai/contact.html)