PDA

View Full Version : Flight instruction un brasil

surfinsight
14th Sep 2012, 10:50
Hi,

French instructor, JAR FCL license (CPL IR), 300h with 100instruction time, i'm thinking about moving to brasil this winter. Any chance of getting a flight instructor job there ? I'm intending to land near curitiba at first.
Thank you for your advices,

Soave_Pilot
20th Sep 2012, 21:06
Unless you have an ANAC license and speak portuguese, no chance mate... By the way, license convertion is a nightmare and it takes forever... at least mine was...

flyingswiss
21st Sep 2012, 15:18
Hi, you will only be able to convert your CPL with an RNE issued, ANAC won`t take an application for RNE, this process can take 1-2-3 years, when you have the RNE and only then they will allow you to convert your licenses, the only other way is to get the licenses from scratch with a student Visa.

Even so they will only convert your CPL, you will have to take the written test and the flight training for the INVA (instructor rating), you may be able to get hired even if not Brazilian, since many places are short of instructors, a Flight school in Rio lost like 80% of the instructors in 2 months, after airlines hired them. Do you have a college degree? ground instructor rating? if so you may be able to work as teacher in both aeronautical knowledge and English...

You better come with some money has instructors here almost work for free, there is no such thing as a career or a real Instructor profession and many are hired without the Carteira de Trabalho Assinada.

do you speak Portuguese? here it has become a strict requirement, and CPL licenses have Portuguese proficiency.

Instructing hours in Europe are worthless unless they were under IFR, as all you need to teach VFR is a PPL and the course done and from your times I doubt you have the IFR teaching time with your TT

Alex

flyingswiss
21st Sep 2012, 15:30
Not to mention you probably picked the worst city in Brazil to be a flight instructor, at times you may sit on the ground for weeks because of weather.

There is an European run flight school in GO, they may be able to help you.