PDA

View Full Version : DHL Bahrain 757 FOs

bucket_and_spade
13th Sep 2012, 16:04
Looks like DHL in Bahrain are hiring FOs...

Job World - Boeing 757 First Officer (http://dp-dhl.jobpartners.com/jpapps/jobworld/jobs/jobview.jsp?TOKEN=aa6ed269e42469909e2e4124cb&0.7883800443417088&requestno=RQ00180831&returnTo=/jpapps/jobworld/index.jsp?TOKEN=aa6ed269e42469909e2e4124cb&)

There's a few historical threads knocking about but I was surprised this hadn't been discussed.

Anyone got any info on the package or what to expect from this gig?

I'm currently a pax pilot on type but, for many and varied reasons, may fancy a change of scenery if the offer's right and in the interests of being open-minded I want to research all the options...

Cheers :ok:

bucket_and_spade
18th Sep 2012, 09:00
Surprised there's no chat about this, being a new position with a big name!

I've come across some old info from a previous recruitment drive and, along with new info gleaned from others, I don't think it makes sense for me to apply when I consider the package/benefits/negatives versus my current situation.

Good luck to any that apply :ok:

B&S

boingdrvr
29th Sep 2012, 13:36
Does anyone know what the pay and schedules are like?

MikeAlphaBravo
7th Oct 2012, 08:22
Hi bucket and spade, what did you find so unattractive about the package in Bahrain?

bucket_and_spade
7th Oct 2012, 21:11
Hi MAB,

I'm fortunate in that my current package in the UK isn't hugely dissimilar to the one on offer in Bahrain - even with the tax regime here. When I sat down to really crunch the numbers the DHL package was a bit better but not by enough to compensate for a move from my home country (with a partner) to the ME (with all that that entails!).

B&S

3greensdownlocked
8th Oct 2012, 08:33
Surely in the tax free environment and with all the extras of an expat contract, it must be better than the mess that is Europe? The Middle East, as everyone knows, is the only place crew can really make money nowadays. Is the deal really that bad? DHL pay scale pretty good I thought.

bucket_and_spade
8th Oct 2012, 10:59
Guys,

I'm not going to get in to a debate about how good or bad the contract is - all I've said is, on balance, in my very personal situation, I've decided it doesn't stack up for me. If I was jobless or had a different employer or had different personal circumstances maybe I'd have come to the exact opposite conclusion. Simple as that!

I started this thread to learn more about the operation and package - obviously there hasn't been much public outpouring of gen but I did get a few v. helpful PMs (thanks again) which helped with my decision making. Some basics (taking no responsibility for their accuracy!) in the interests of making this thread a bit more useful (all in GBP and based on current exchange rates):-

Monthy fixed salary - £3.5k ish;

Housing allowance (use or lose) - £1.2k ish;

Up to about £1k if a certain number of hours are flown (but hitting the hours requirement to make the full amount sounds like it is rare).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

B&S :ok:

failsafe
10th Oct 2012, 13:09
Hi

how much do you get as DEC? What are the T&C? How will be the roster? Can you commute? (2 weeks on, 2 off?)

I know the figures of them 2 yrs ago - that was a no-no-no-go, did it improve?

Thanks for repy

fs

Best foot forward
10th Oct 2012, 19:31
Probably not.