PDA

View Full Version : more grim news for kenyan aviation

kibz2005
12th Sep 2012, 09:45
Standard Digital News : Kenya : Three killed, one hurt in Lamu plane crash (http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000065931&story_title=Three-killed,-one-hurt-in-Lamu-plane-crash)

Foxcotte
12th Sep 2012, 17:12
I am rather confused. Neither airstrip at Lamu Manda - civil or military has any kind of lighting or approach for an aircraft trying to land or take-off at midnight. Reports have the aircraft as a small piston twin - in which case what where they doing at midnight trying to operate into either of these airstrips???

The report mentions mechanical failure but it sounds like there is a lot more to the story than just this. :confused:

kibz2005
12th Sep 2012, 20:32
I've heard many sides to the story. fact is, it was a C310 (5Y-BNC). they had 2 military personnel onboard and they were going to Kismayo. So i think it's safe to say that those operations may have been 'hush hush.' After the crash, the military secured the site and will be performing the investigation. simply put, i think that is all we are going to hear about that :sad: the pilot was a good friend though..