PDA

View Full Version : Sound too boomy

Loose rivets
11th Sep 2012, 20:57
On t'other PC, also W7, I simply open volume mixer at the speaker on the taskbar, and alter the tone. On this one I haven't got such a screen, though it's got a more sophisticated sound system.

Device manager just says High Definition Audio Device. No help at all.

Just want to chat on Skype without the booming. Is there an overriding way of doing this in Windows or some such overruling method?

Milo Minderbinder
11th Sep 2012, 21:13
in the Skype settings set the sound to auto
what happens then?

Loose rivets
12th Sep 2012, 00:23
Volume controls okay, same in auto, it's just the darn bass that's really tedious.

I had a heck of a job getting this foxconn board going when it was hooked up to the telly. The sound I mean. I was on Windows ??? the last beta. When I got an OEM pro, all those problems went away. Right now, I'm using it as my office PC, so only two speakers.

The other PC has a simplistic set of sliders pop up, pertaining to different tone frequencies. Simplicity itself. Oh, and the offer of named pre-sets so I can put Rivets for Skype for instance, and pick that for nattering.

I can't remember how I got into the sound software on this one. Probably with a Foxconn disc. Mmmm...didn't want to get that involved in this - too many plates spinning on sticks as it is.