PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on at NAC?

always flying
11th Sep 2012, 13:23
Anyone know if this is true, heard NAC have cut the salaries of their old pilots as well as any new pilots. Heard they have a new contract somewhere in the Middle East and only pay captains $200 a day and co-pilots around $150 a day. Anybody have first hand knowledge of this and know if the company is in trouble?

chopperkie
12th Sep 2012, 07:50
I can first hand tell you that none of the above is true...why would they cut salaries and pay bonusses this month..false rumour mate.

always flying
12th Sep 2012, 10:00
I met a captain in Sudan flying for NAC just the other day, that said he was only being payed $200 a day whilst another captain was being payed well over $300 a day, do you know how this confusion comes about or is true, or does the $200 a day sound way too low?

chopperkie
12th Sep 2012, 15:40
I am not sure about that,but i assume it was the contract crew and not the permanently employed crew.It all depends on experience i suppose,but i can tell you that it is not less because the company is in demise.

Golf_Seirra
8th Oct 2012, 10:05
New contract 1900 captains are being offered $225 vs the higher hour requirements for UN contracts of $365 for B200. It seems NAC are trying to reduce overheads in the wrong place. Add to that the temporary employment contracts that expire on your return date, high turn over of crew will continue. The Kabul chaps have been offered additional money after the unfortunate events.....the shake the tree mentality continues...

T

foxtrot mike
9th Oct 2012, 11:49
NAC has always made money out of the pilots of between US$100 to US$200 per day. They get their contractors to pay "X" per pilot per day, then they pay the pilots what they think is fair. Right now we're sitting in Brazzaville with some NAC Helicopter crews that are getting about US$235 per day plus US$70 per diem, this whilst the going daily rate for helicopter pilots in Africa is about US$500 a day.