PDA

View Full Version : Thos Cook to Put PX on Easyjet Flights

A2QFI
11th Sep 2012, 05:54
This might improve the "Travel Experience" for some but will the flights operate on Easy's hand luggage rules (20kg and lift into the locker yourself) or TC's pathetic 5kg limit?

DaveReidUK
11th Sep 2012, 06:30
PX ?

Pressure ?

Part Exchange ?

airsmiles
11th Sep 2012, 06:41
Presumably Pax, or if using this forum, SLF.

DaveReidUK
11th Sep 2012, 06:56
Ah, an abbreviated abbreviation, hadn't thought of that. :rolleyes:

davidjohnson6
11th Sep 2012, 11:09
If Thomas Cook are outsourcing some of their flying to Easyjet, what is the future of their in-house airline ? Will it gradually be reduced to just flying core holiday routes - like Gatwick-Mallorca, leaving all the destinations with lower demand to LCCs ?

BOAC4ME
11th Sep 2012, 13:22
A2QFI,

As EZY is a scheduled carrier all passengers regardless of whom booked them onto the flight are bound to the carriers T's and C's, so in this case it would be EZY policy. Also, this is certainly not a new thing most Tour Ops even those with an "in-house" airline have always bought allocations on scheduled flights to supplement their own IT flying. Hope this helps.

ExXB
11th Sep 2012, 14:02
Why would TCX care? As long as Squuezy will accept the Pax and I can't see them enforcing two rules.

BOAC4me ... Not quite, it depends on who the passenger has their contact with. If the PAX bookes online with TCX and clicks the box that they agree with TCX's T&Cs then TCXs contract terms apply.

But, as I just said, Squeezy isn't going to apply two rules. And nobody will complain.

davidjohnson6
11th Sep 2012, 14:03
Is Thomas Cook acting purely as an agent or are they acting as a principal for an inclusive holiday ? If they are acting as agent then Easyjet T&C apply. If Thomas Cook act as principal then the retail customer is bound by the contract with Thomas Cook. Easy T&C apply and are enforceable by Easy in court only if a consumer passes consideration (money or something of value) to Easy or via a party who declares them to be an agent.

In practice I imagine Thomas Cook will put some clauses into the legal wording stipulating that anyone on an inclusive Thomas Cook branded holiday will be subject to various constraints such as baggage limits as per an agreement between Easyjet and Thomas Cook. The lawyers for the orange brigade would be failing if they did not require Thomas Cook put this in their contract with retail holidaymakers.

A2QFI
11th Sep 2012, 18:09
Thank you. I was just planning ahead in terms of I would be flying TC and having to check a case or get lucky and be with Easy and go 20kg hand luggage only.

easyflyer83
11th Sep 2012, 20:04
Easy has unlimited cabin baggage weight allowance. 20Kg in the hold. I'm not certain but I would think TCTO will include baggage allowance in with the cost of the holiday.