PDA

View Full Version : A&P mechanic

Phantomas21
10th Sep 2012, 20:36
Hi!
I would like to ask how could a European non experienced citizen, visit US, attend an A&P school and get the A&P license.
Also, if it is possible to get this license, please tell me after that how could get a type rating on a biz jet (G550).
Thank you!

Phantomas21
11th Sep 2012, 08:20
How much should this experience be?
Isn't it strange that you need A reason to get the a&p? If you simply want it in Order to find a job in the future, or to service your own airplane..

Beech_Boy
11th Sep 2012, 14:23
Phantomas21

You need owned/operators of N reg aircraft to say that they require you to have an A&P.

You do not get type ratings on an A&P as you can not release aircraft from heavy maintenance, this will be done under the companies FAA repair station if they have one and have G550 approval for example.

On an A&P you can only release aircraft after small checks e.g 100hr checks and defects.

grounded27
11th Sep 2012, 19:10
This is an old post. You could probably visit the USA depending on the country you are coming from with a passport for recreational reasons. Attend a crash cource many are guarenteed if you have experience. Your EASA lisence etc. will grant you permission to test. This all can be pre-arranged through the school.

If you do not meet the minimum experience or equivency, you could apply for a student visa and take a full cource. I did mine 8 hrs a day m-f straight for 19 months. If you are fluent in english there will be no restrictions.

On the topic of return to service, never worked ga, I believe you could do an 100hr but an additional IA endorsement is required for an annual. You are only supposed to sign for unsupervised work you have perfomed in the past (B.S.) but you COULD return any large aircraft to service under their operating certificate or the certificate of an MRO in the field or after heavy mx.

HOVIS
12th Sep 2012, 00:02
If you do not meet the minimum experience or equivency, you could apply for a student visa and take a full cource. I did mine 8 hrs a day m-f straight for 19 months. If you are fluent in english there will be no restrictions.

Or you could learn all the question by rote as a couple of my mates did and knock it off in 5 days. :p

grounded27
12th Sep 2012, 16:26
If you do not meet the minimum experience or equivency

Most like yourself Hovis probably added the A&P to your list of qualifications after many years experience and liscences held by your CAA. The OP did not state his qualifications or experience level.