View Full Version : FAA logged 300nm+ solo x/c in Duchess....

EggBeta
4th Jun 2001, 06:18
I currently live in California, only for 30 days more tho'
I have just completed a long solo x/c (300nm+) in a duchess from San Francisco to Las Vegas, landing at another airfield on the way back which is the UK requirement for the commercial license. Obviously this was completed in the US under FAA.
The x/c was signed off by my CFII, ME.
The reason I did this was the flying club allowed me to break the new engines in on the aircraft and as such only charged $120/hr total cost.
The question is, will this be acceptable to the JAA, or will I have to demonstarte this again?
I start OATS in August followed the the 50hrs of flying prior to the JAA practical exams.
Just trying to save a few pennies....infact thats bullsh*t, if i could get the aircraft again at that price I would fly another one tomorrow!

wysiwyg
4th Jun 2001, 14:15
Don't see why not. The CAA allowed mine a few years ago in an open cockpit Luton Minor with a cruise speed of 45 knots. I set off at dawn and landed at dusk! I never got anything signed at any stop off point and I know of several people who have done their 300 miler in the states. The only thing that might be different now is this JAR business.

regards
wizzy

RVR800
5th Jun 2001, 11:55
Yes it WILL be acceptable

EggBeta
5th Jun 2001, 19:49
Thanks guys. 'tis good to know.
Mark

crispy banana
5th Jun 2001, 21:55
It wasnt 74T was it?...

EggBeta
5th Jun 2001, 22:33
Sure was! You based in San Carlos also?

crispy banana
5th Jun 2001, 23:03
Yep!..flying 74T thursday morning if all is ok with the break in!!Have waited too many weeks for it to be back!!Went to vegas before in it,long flight!!..What route did you take?

EggBeta
5th Jun 2001, 23:15
Crispy Banana,
email me on [email protected]