PDA

View Full Version : CESSNA CRAVAN RENTAL IN FLORIDA?

mightyvan208
9th Sep 2012, 20:27
Hi there,

I'm looking for a C-208 for rent for a block of hours in Florida ... looks difficult to find one!

I hold an FAA licence with 1700 hours TT / 700 on the type (should be good for insurances i hope...)

I anyone has an idea or a point of contact i'm interested!

Thanks a lot
:)

TowerDog
7th Oct 2012, 21:41
doubt you will find one to rent without also renting the company pilot.

I have a friend who owns two caravans on amphibian floats, I can ask him if he will check you, put you on the company certificate, then rent you a plane, but it will probably be expensive...How many hours do you need?

gerpols
8th Oct 2012, 04:50
Sir,

How can I get a hold of you ?
I might need some training on float 208 in the near future.
Thanks.
[email protected]

flyingswiss
1st Nov 2012, 17:52
you will have to be on the insurance in order to touch the controls, if not the plane would have to be insured as a trainer (don`t think there are many out there). it will be very expensive, for a C206 it`s already around 350-400 USD per hour.

Unless it`s a private owned one, they are made to make money with it, very few operators would take the risk of putting some guy on it with the chances of something happening to their making money machine..

try with Tropic in Belize, their program will cost you about he same then renting the 208 for couple hours, or they may tailor a deal for you.