PDA

View Full Version : EASA B1.1 Restricted & Non-restricted License

airduke
9th Sep 2012, 13:26
Hi,

Could any experts let me know the difference between EASA Part-66 B1.1 Restricted & Non-restricted license?
If anyone already have a restricted license then how could he get rid from that?
And also pls suggest how to get Unrestricted license.

Thanks,
Faisal.

Wannabeconnie
9th Sep 2012, 21:03
Faisal.

If you are asking these questions, then you are not ready to even contemplate getting an EASA license.

You might want to start reading up Here (http://aircraft-license.com/)

When you have understood the requirements, paid your money, passed your exams,met the experience criteria etc, then you might be at the beginning of path in becoming an engineer.

TURIN
10th Sep 2012, 10:33
On a more positive note.

The restricted License is a leftover from when the old UK CAA system transferred over to JAR66/EASA.
Some countries transferred their old licence straight over to the new without restriction. The UK CAA didn't as the requirements were/are different. The consequence is that there are many LAE/Techs in the UK with restricted licences who certify using 'grandfather' rights.

You cannot gain a restricted licence today, you must complete all the modules and experience requirements to gain an unrestricted licence.

I think. No doubt some smart arris will jump in and put me right. :rolleyes:

Hope this helps, good luck. :ok:

Exup
10th Sep 2012, 11:31
Sounds about right Turin. I transferred my UK A & C to a B1 and was given restrictions 1 & 9. These were on Avionics LRU replacement & electrics.
I had to complete a couple of full modules & some part modules to get the restrictions removed.