PDA

View Full Version : BA Sponsorship Stats

andyhudd
14th Apr 2001, 04:53
I am currently exploring my options / routes available for an ATPL and have received the BA sponsorship application form.

Out of interest can anybody answer my 2 questions:

1) Does anybody have any idea as to how many yearly positions are offered to BA sponsorship graduates?

2) Does anybody know how many applications are received by BA for the BA sponsorship scheme and the number of yearly scheme vacancies available?

Speedbird 2946
14th Apr 2001, 13:41
Hi Andy,

Well approximate figures are that BA receives in the general region of 30,000 requests for application forms per year, and that about 100-140 cadets make the grade and start training. Don't quote me but I heard that 25% make it past the application form, 25% past the aptitude tests and then approx 1/6 make it past the Final Board. BA are currently recruiting to replace a large number of flight crew who will be retiring up until 2005, the so-called 'Hamble Bulge' which was a huge recruiting drive in the 1960s, all of whom are coming to retirement age at about the same time.

Applicants to BA are competing against set standards so there is no number of places specifically for graduates. All airlines, I think, understand that having a fallback degree is an advantage but if you make the grade as a pre- or current university student, they will take you at age 18 or allow you to drop out of uni to join the airline and from personal experience the number of people who do/have done this is greater than I had expected.

Any questions drop me an e-mail.

Regards,

SB :)