PDA

View Full Version : Midlands Helicopter FTO Schools

tipsock
8th Sep 2012, 13:27
Afternoon all,

Does anyone have any experiences (positive or negative) with schools in the Midlands area? Looking to complete PPL(H) and CPL(H) inc hours building. Many thanks in advance.

Tipsock

clinique_happy
9th Sep 2012, 08:04
Hi
I have experiences with central helicopters in the east midlands(Nottingham) and I must say they are totally excellent in all aspects, would definitely recommend! Good luck

johned0
9th Sep 2012, 11:11
I would echo CH's comments but in my case I refer to East Midlands Helicopters, at Costock - very professional.

Happy flying

muffin
9th Sep 2012, 12:54
Another vote for East Mids Helicopters. Very well run and slickly professional business. I did my PPL there about 12 years ago and can recommend it very highly..

CRAN
10th Sep 2012, 08:35
I'm flying recreationally with staffordshire helicopters at the moment and have found them to be great. Nice heliport, easy to get to and good choice of machines to learn on (R22/R44/280FX).

PM me for more info if you like.

Best Regards,
CRAN
:ok:

tipsock
10th Sep 2012, 09:33
Cheers for the fast responses, I shall visit the schools and see what they are like. Out of interest are any of you planning to go on to the CPL(H), and where do you think you will do your theory study and flying course? Also, have any of you looked into trying to claim VAT back on the training? I posted the question in the VAT thread but no responses as yet!

Tipsock

22to355
11th Sep 2012, 12:13
East Mids Helicopters every time. PPL? They make it fun in a very professional environment, great instructors, great ops staff and lovely helicopters.. CPL? You can not beat going to a thriving charter operation. Learn from people in the job and gain valuable experience! Don't just pass your CPL become a commercial pilot!