PDA

View Full Version : Australian Air ferry

runway16
6th Sep 2012, 23:04
Australian Air ferry of Kempsey seems to have dropped off the radar of late.

Any intel ?

MakeItHappenCaptain
7th Sep 2012, 12:04
Not specifically AAF's, but have seen one recent arrival where the ferry pilot's stuff ups included bumping the avionics switch off (getting stuck mid ferry for several days until they realised what they had done, $3000 hotel & parking fees) getting an overseas maintenance organisation to do a 50 hrly (at $2000 cost), burning out the pitot heat (turn it off after landing!), blowing a brake seal (riding brakes)....

Pay peanuts, get monkeys....

You might pay peanuts at the start of the ferry, but you will soon realise the gorilla who is actually flying the thing gets hungry halfway through the trip.

Same pilot claimed he could do a ferry on a type endorsement required VH aircraft because "his US license lets him do it".
Not unless you have actually flown that type on your US license and CASA puts it on your Australian license.:rolleyes:
Good luck making an insurance claim on that one....

27/09
7th Sep 2012, 21:50
have seen one recent arrival where the ferry pilot's stuff ups included bumping the avionics switch off (getting stuck mid ferry for several days until they realised what they had done, $3000 hotel & parking fees) getting an overseas maintenance organisation to do a 50 hrly (at $2000 cost), burning out the pitot heat (turn it off after landing!), blowing a brake seal (riding brakes)...

.......Same pilot claimed he could do a ferry on a type endorsement required VH aircraft because "his US license lets him do it".

Not in any way related to the guy this thread is about? Sounds very similar and this guy was operating from/in the Phillipines recently.

http://www.pprune.org/biz-jets-ag-flying-ga-etc/474007-ferry-bad-experience.html

NW_Pilot
30th May 2013, 16:13
Australian Air ferry is out of business...

MakeItHappenCaptain, Wonder who that other ferry company was?

Super Cecil
30th May 2013, 18:27
Australian Air ferry is out of business...
Jim still alive?

Username here
30th May 2013, 22:11
http://www.pprune.org/biz-jets-ag-fl...xperience.html

Anyone else not able to get to that thread?

Animalclub
30th May 2013, 23:56
Yep. Appears I do not have access!!!!

Wally Mk2
31st May 2013, 00:05
Careful there 'MIHC' you can't use the word 'Gorilla' when referring to anyone, remember we are a sensitive bunch of princesses:E (Christ the Footy world has gone nuts!)

Many years ago a young guy ditched a C172RG I think it was en-route from the states to here (back in the 80's I think) due a broken Alt belt & lost all volts & basically got lost if I recall, found by a fishing boat perhaps?. Anyone out there in Prrune land recall this event as I knew of the guy way back then?

Wmk2

27/09
31st May 2013, 00:26
Anyone else not able to get to that thread?

Yep not working. It was from memory a thread titled "A Bad Ferry Experience" which appears to have disappeared.

It involves a certain Robert Charles Weaver.

Same guy features here http://www.pprune.org/biz-jets-ag-flying-ga-etc/445619-seneca-v-crash.html He posts as hgfcpilot