PDA

View Full Version : How to explain to the wife why you spend so much time on PPRUNE

Milo Minderbinder
5th Sep 2012, 09:16
PLoS ONE: Older Men Who Use Computers Have Lower Risk of Dementia (http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0044239)

"Conclusion

Older men who use computers have lower risk of receiving a diagnosis of dementia up to 8.5 years later"

BOAC
5th Sep 2012, 09:30
.......but more likely to get the sharp end of the tongue...............:)

"I'm just holding back dementia, dear"

"You are a little late.........."

goudie
5th Sep 2012, 09:44
Mrs G had no problems with me ppruning until, a few years ago, I told her I was going to a Bash in London. When she asked ''who else will be going?' I started to reel off a few pprune 'names'. ''Don't they have proper names?'' she enquired. ''Er, yes of course they do but I won't know what they are until I meet them.'' I replied. Since then she's been convinced I have 'Oldtimers' and best left to my own devices.:confused:

Tableview
5th Sep 2012, 09:51
I think my OH thought I was having a 'cyber affair', which is actually quite sad as I can't see the point of an affair unless it's with a real person that you can meet and have 'fun' with, so she misjudges me on that point.

She's always thought my friends are a bit 'different' but I think people in the airline industry are 'different' but having met in the flesh one or two of my Pprune friends, she recently passed a comment : "Oh, they actually seem quite normal!"

vulcanised
5th Sep 2012, 11:34
Appearances can be deceptive.

OFSO
5th Sep 2012, 13:27
She's always thought my friends are a bit 'different'

Statement for The Record: she has not met OFSO yet. When she does the words "a bit" will be replaced by ostres, no els penso convidar !