PDA

View Full Version : Online Education Training or Exam Software

M Taylor
5th Sep 2012, 05:11
Hi All,

I am involved in a business where we sell sample exams online, in that people will pay a fee, have access to a number of exams / tests / training materials for a certain time frame.

When we last did this we used some software from a Russian outfit call pilotgroup.net. The software was relatively cheap worked OK, but there were tech issues , screen freezes etc, though to their credit the Russians tried hard to resolve them. But the company is no longer supporting new versions , so it didn't work out so well for them obviously.

So the question is does anyone have any suggestions for other software products that could do the same thing. The beauty of the Russian system was that it was "stand alone" in terms of you got a domain , basic site , payment facility ,and test menu all in one. Maybe we will have another look at it ? See if we can improve the reliability.

We are definitely not trying to split an atom here, all we want is some software that you can run sample exams , in a Powerpoint type look/feel then allow the candidates to review incorrect answers.

Any suggestions appreciated.

mixture
5th Sep 2012, 07:28
A quick search suggests perhaps something like Maple T.A. (http://www.adeptscience.co.uk/lp/mapleTA-feb-12.html?c1=GAW_SE_NW&source=UK_MTS_MTA&kw=online_exam_software_exm) or Ingenious Testcraft (http://www.ingeniousgroup.com)

M Taylor
6th Sep 2012, 00:23
Thanks for that - has anyone had direct experience with either of these two products or for that matter other products

M Taylor
18th Sep 2012, 04:29
Thanks guys appreciate that am looking at them etc.

Does anyone have first hand experience with either of these "Testcraft" looks the more advanced one, will give it a trial.

One thing I have to be able to do is integrate a merchant or payment facility into the structure. I will see if either of these can do it - might be a chance with Testcraft.

Anyone know a system that is friendly for use with payment system of credit card and or paypal

Thanks

Capot
18th Sep 2012, 20:28
The Articulate suite, which is an authoring tool for online training/presentation use based on Powerpoint, includes a programme called Quizmaker. This allows a variety of question types, and plenty of tools for marking, reviewing, randomising and so on. The tests can be embedded into an Articulate course/presentation.

I don't know if Quizmaker can be used stand-alone.

The Articulate website provides a 30 days free trial for the whole suite.

It's very easy to use straight out of the box, and the support is good, with useful user forums monitored by Articulate experts.

Gertrude the Wombat
18th Sep 2012, 21:32
I'm working on some e-learning software at present. This is a new field for me, but it appears that the sophisticated stuff is decidedly non-trivial, and not the sort of thing for which an amateur could knock up a course with a couple of week's effort (at least not if you're going to make it look pretty, include lots of audio, videos, interactive stuff etc, and have properly controlled assessments).

I suspect that the "sophisticated stuff" is not what you're after.