PDA

View Full Version : NZ freight ops

bonzaii
4th Sep 2012, 04:05
are there any good freight ops in nz, especially those which may like newish pilots :D any info wood be great, cheers

27/09
4th Sep 2012, 10:07
I guess it really depends on what you define as good. The one or two I would consider as being good have a queue of experienced pilots waiting. In fact one could be described as being one of the better gigs in NZ, freight or pax.

What did you have in mind as good.

There are several smaller operators doing things from newspaper runs to bank/courier runs in Cherokee Sixes, Navajos, and Aztecs etc.

sgenie
4th Sep 2012, 11:27
27/09 - do you know how newish you could be to be considered by one of those?

27/09
4th Sep 2012, 23:21
Sgenie

One of what?

If you're talking about the smaller operators, many will take low hour (300 - 500 hours I'm guessing) IFR rated pilots but in many cases it's a matter of hanging around taking part time work until they give you a "full time" gig.

Some of theses operator also do IFR PAX work and this requires, I think 750 hours, before you ca operate IFR single pilot so that can be a limitation when they're looking at somebody.

There again there's usually plenty of takers so only the really keen and motivated need apply. You need to get on yer bike and knock on doors and make contact. You never see any jobs advertised. But then you probably know all of this.