PDA

View Full Version : AUS CPL TO CHINESE

Bluemeaway
3rd Sep 2012, 23:45
Hey guys,

Anyone here converted a CPL A MCIR to Chinese?

I may have a job up there next year just wondering how the process goes?

Note not an instructing job. Low capacity RPT 19 seats or less

CAAC | This New Year, join the Chinese airlines! (http://www.chinapilotjob.com/CAAC)

Note 3.2

Does this mean that they automatically print you out a Chinese CPL or is there still a written and flight test?

Cheers,

Blue

T28D
4th Sep 2012, 00:12
Can you speak Mandarin , read and write putonghua ?????

training wheels
4th Sep 2012, 03:01
Hey guys,

Anyone here converted a CPL A MCIR to Chinese?

Been there, done that and got the t-shirt, as well as the license. I'm no longer there as it was about 4 years ago now, but from what I remember, the process involves sitting 3 multiple guess theory exams in Chinggrish (English with a Chinese twist in spelling, grammar and comprehension), as well as a checkride with a designated CAAC examiner. Checkride involves basic handling as well as a couple of instrument approaches.

The class 1 medical examination is a little more detailed than the one in Australia; one test they do is a brain scan after showing you pictures of various shapes.

You also need a license verification letter from CASA which can be obtained by filling out the form from the CASA website, paying money (about $50 if I remember correctly) and CASA will fax a letter with your license, medical and ratings information to the CAAC licensing branch.