PDA

View Full Version : What's happened to Photobucket?

Loose rivets
3rd Sep 2012, 19:29
On entering, many pictures retain their spaces and heading, but nothing else. Just a few seem okay. I say seem, because clicking on them used to bring the picture up, now there's a different screen altogether, something about making comments, and inviting an upload.:ugh:

Any ideas?

Edit to say: On entering from a new Bookmarks menu - straight to Pprun folder, it seems to run okay. The other link to the main menu has been in operation for years. Could the adding another route to Photobucket mess up the first? I don't see how, but it happened about the same time.

Yes, I know I've edited it.:suspect:

mike-wsm
4th Sep 2012, 12:14
I'd guess you need to go in from the front and add a new bookmark. If this doesn't work just go in the front all the time. It is good practice to keep albums to a reasonable size by starting new ones from time to time, ie new sub-albums within your main album.

I don't have to go to the site because it can be done through the Photobucket android app, which is much easier to use. Pics appear in date sequence as pics-without-names, and there is no risk of names clashing because Mr Bucket assigns his own unique name to each pic.

Hope this is helpful. :cool:

BEagle
4th Sep 2012, 16:07
Well, there's something clearly wrong with Photobucket as it keeps hanging, failing to upload correctly and failing to display my albums...

It used to be quite simple - until the plague of Farsebook and other trivia ruined it.....

jcjeant
8th Sep 2012, 10:33
Hi,

Do you sometime check the Photobucket mails send to you ?
They made some changes ....

Tableview
8th Sep 2012, 10:41
Mine seems to work OK, in fact in some ways a bit more user friendly than ever before. It does worry me that everything seems to be linked to FaecesBook and I won't be surprised one day to see my Photobucket photos in FaecesBook even though I don't have an account with the latter.

Ancient Observer
8th Sep 2012, 12:31
I've found recently that using Firefox with Ghostery and adblock, photobucket won't work for me (Win7/64).

So when I access photobucket I simply switch and use IE, which works fine.

OFSO
11th Sep 2012, 19:12
Photobucket not working tonight, can't get in, tried several browsers.

mike-wsm
11th Sep 2012, 19:21
Used Photobucket this evening, no probs at all. Went in with the official app.

Heritage machines allegedly can use apps via some sort of emulator, but I'm not a vintage hardware mechanic so I can't help those of you using junkboxes.

:cool::cool::cool:

OFSO
12th Sep 2012, 12:36
Back again today, working fine. And the stuff I uplinked yesterday but could never see 'cos PB locked up IS there today.

BEagle
15th Sep 2012, 08:55
Well, today it seems to be down again as the 'upload' system either won't open, or displays 'Error Occurred'.....:mad:

Phalconphixer
15th Sep 2012, 09:43
Beagle... I'm getting the same problem. Nothing uploads successfully. Am using imageshack as an alternative...

pp

BEagle
15th Sep 2012, 10:01
Photobucket was once excellent - but now it's infested with moving image and sound adverts and the usual obsession with yoofmeeja such as Tw@tter and Far$ebook.....

I'll try again later today, otherwise I'll look into Imageshack - thanks for the top tip!

green granite
15th Sep 2012, 11:00
Image shack seems to work well and auto resizing of image as well, perfect.

http://imageshack.us/a/img209/5439/img8032w.jpg

OFSO
15th Sep 2012, 12:46
I have tried this afternoon to upload photos of a georgeous waitress holding my sword (see JB 'tights' thread ) but all Photobucket says is "AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED". Damn right it has.

vulcanised
15th Sep 2012, 15:00
waitress holding my sword

That's one name for it. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/cool.gif

BEagle
16th Sep 2012, 09:48
After sending a fault report to [email protected], I later received the following reply from Danny at Photobucket Customer Support Home:

Hello,

Our engineers have found, and fixed the error that was causing uploads to fail.

If you are still experiencing any problems with uploading, please let us know.

Please reply if you have any further questions, comments or concerns.

Thank you

It seems fine now. Looking forward to seeing the photo of the waitress....:ooh:

G-CPTN
17th Sep 2012, 14:47
Danny at Photobucket Customer Support Home
So that's where he went?