PDA

View Full Version : ATR 42 Advertisment Fridays Australian

Ret Sabala
2nd Sep 2012, 10:52
I am wondering about this advertisment for ATR 42 drivers in the Fridays Australian
National Aerospace Services are obviously a recruitment firm but who are they recruiting for?
First thoughts are for APNG as they are know to be getting two ATR 42's. But they already have suitable fellas from the defunct 72 operation albeit only 3, and they generally offer tours of 3x3.
Maybe Air Niugini who are getting ATR 42's soon but they don't usually offer tours.
Then maybe Hevilift but, unlikely as they won't be needing their ATR drivers soon by the sounds of it.
The only thing I can think of is that Pulgera mine have gone to tender on the contract and some company with an AOC in PNG are fishing to see if they can get drivers and start up. They would need to prove to Barrick Gold that they can start up straight away and have the neccessary structure in place.
Interesting advertisment. Interesting times
Just curious

Mach E Avelli
2nd Sep 2012, 22:23
Pure guesswork here, so don't quote me!
It is unlikely to be Hevilift as they normally do their own recruitment. They have a costly enough HR department already in place. APNG just maybe but as mentioned 28 day tours are not their usual offering.
But, it is more likely to be a new entrant that does not want to show his colours just yet. Or an existing part 125 operator about to move up to part 121.
The big customers must be quite concerned with the safety records of some of the incumbents, so any start up that gets it right could pick up some good contracts.

chainsaw
2nd Sep 2012, 22:57
Mach E Avelli

The big customers must be quite concerned with the safety records of some of the incumbents...

I reckon it would be pretty safe to say that after some of the stuff that's been going on over the past three years or so, the big customers are concerned with the safety records of some of the incumbents. :(

geeup
3rd Sep 2012, 18:35
Can I bet a trifecta? Better box it as I don't know the order.

1) APNG K2 start up company
2) NWA
3) Farnair

bushmanki
18th Oct 2012, 06:23
Any update ??

mymerc
31st Mar 2013, 22:56
Looks like Hevilift's picked up the new PJV contract

geeup
1st Apr 2013, 23:16
Yep Hevilift won the PJV contract.
It's a 3 year job on a ATR42-500 with a -320 backup machine.

Back to the original thread.

APNG is making people redundant hence no ATRs
NWA is in hot water
Farnair still using their own people from Europe with PX people.