PDA

View Full Version : Saudia Private Aviation?

canadansk
2nd Sep 2012, 08:00
Hello out there. Does anybody have any information on hiring and employment package with Saudia Private Aviation? Could you please PM me. Many thanks. :ok:

mutt
2nd Sep 2012, 10:21
Based on your posting history..... it's not for you :O

Mutt

Horia
22nd Sep 2012, 14:33
Can a current or former SPA pilot describe working there.
(ie., what training consisted of, what a day might consist of, how much/often do you fly [as opposed to being on standby], typical destinations, anything else you care to share). Please indicate the fleet that you're assigned to.

I'm also interested in what a net paycheck would be (I know some have reservations on divulging this, so share if you like).

jackx123
22nd Sep 2012, 15:46
you may need to wait for it a few months to arrive.

do your searches on pprune. agree with mutt

mutt
22nd Sep 2012, 16:18
you may need to wait for it a few months to arrive. Not correct, monthly pay check is always ontime, expenses and overtime are a different matter!

Mutt

FrankR
22nd Sep 2012, 23:23
For you guys who live in Saudi, how often can an N reg aircraft operate in the Kingdom before you are required to submit the form for "Foreign Operator Authorization"

Thanks

FR

jackx123
23rd Sep 2012, 15:50
at kayal there was a wait for 3 months at one stage.

Horia
24th Sep 2012, 01:06
Let's stay focused.....Any current or former SPA pilot care to describe their experiences?

Horia
11th Oct 2012, 18:02
Plenty of information on the mainline side of Saudia but limited with regards to the Charter side.

Any info. from guys (current or former) flying with SPA would be much appreciated.

mutt
12th Oct 2012, 09:43
You really want to fly a Hawker 400 that badly? They must finished interviews in Dubai, so it is pretty strange that more people aren't in here asking questions! For me, anyone moving to the ME without an understanding of the rules, restrictions and culture of their destination are pretty stupid!

Mutt

Horia
13th Oct 2012, 12:31
Mutt,

Read my posts carefully.

None mentioned information regarding, as you’ve stated, “rules, restrictions, and culture of their destination…”. Those points I understand quite well. My inquiry is specific to flying for SPA.

Stop, think, and realize that you don’t have all the answers nor do you know the motivation of ones reason for seeking employment, regardless of aircraft type.

In short:
- don’t make assumptions
- show respect
- allow others to benefit from your knowledge and experience (without conveying a sense of superiority)

If the above points are too difficult for you to follow, simply stay quite. PPRuNe is one avenue of seeking information that many use. Let’s maintain a level of professionalism and attempt to assist those who are here seeking assistance, rather than repel them.

mutt
13th Oct 2012, 13:49
simply stay quite. What an excellent suggestion, its time for some of the others that i have helped over the years to come back in here and help others. I've come to the realisation that I've lost the enthusiasm to do so!

Mutt

dolly drops
7th Nov 2012, 17:32
Don't give up on helpingour fellow colleagues Mutt.

I've followed your posts on and off for years and you've certainly NEVER displayed an air of 'Superiority' from what I can recall...

Don't let this ridiculous person put you off doing what you've always done so well, sharing experiences and helping others.

Long may it continue!
Dolly Drops :)

FrankR
8th Nov 2012, 04:25
I enjoy posts by the Mutt. He knows his stuff, he's not a jerk, and he tells it like it is... So so sorry some of you have such thin skin.

His original comments on this post are spot on. Most guys moving to the ME don't have a clue what they are getting into, and have no idea what the difference is between Dubai, Doha, and Riyadh.

Giving him a hard time for stating the obvious is a bit over the top.

Please do remember that this is a public forum, and whilst you may know the differences, many other rookies may like or need to hear the musings from a veteran.

Oh, If a guy really does know about life in the Kingdom, he would most likely know guys at SPA... Just sayin.
FR