PDA

View Full Version : Flight deck visits

Soku
7th Apr 2002, 01:13
Is it at all possible to get up front anymore? I'm guessing that it is not after 9-11 :(, but is there still a way to go up front after you land if the flight is say a late night terminator. If so how do I go about asking.
Thanks.

weasil
10th Apr 2002, 04:22
Last I heard they were planning on installing steel doors in Cessna 172's so good luck.

GlueBall
10th Apr 2002, 23:40
If you are an arriving passenger, upon deplaning with permission from the crew. Hint: Be the last pax to deplane.:cool:

Soku
16th Apr 2002, 00:11
Last I heard they were planning on installing steel doors in Cessna 172's so good luck.

Nice quote.

weasil
16th Apr 2002, 21:14
I wish I were joking. Maybe not steel but there are people asking for restricted cockpit access in GA aircraft now. Meanwhile the Mother of the 15 yr old boy who flew his building into the BofA building in Florida in january is suing the Company that made the acne drug her son was using at the time.

It's always someone else's fault.

KC-10 Driver
26th Apr 2002, 00:10
I was flying for a major U.S. airline until getting furloughed in January.

Unless something has changed in the past 3 months, there is no problem with a passenger visiting the flight deck before or after the flight. The door is closed and secured before push back, and is opened after arrival. Usually, after arrival is the best time to visit (workload permitting, of course).

So, feel free to ask. If I had time, I was always happy to have a quick visit.