View Full Version : Name Change On DGCA CPL

equinox123
30th Aug 2012, 18:16
Hi folks!.........got my DGCA CPL Yesterday and yipeeee........but im a little worried as for my name mentioned on the license. I need some help guys as to how one could have it fixed.I already had my FRTOL issused by DGCA and it had my First name,Middle name and Surname (in this order) and that is how i want.But when i got my CPL today the order is different. It has my Surname,First name and middle name.........now my FRTOL has my name in one order and my CPL in another order.......i really want my documents to reflect the correct name......any idea how am i supposed to get it changed.

equinox123
3rd Sep 2012, 09:11
Come on ppruners...............233 views but no replies yet.........any suggestions would be really handy at this hour!!!!!

Capt Apache
3rd Sep 2012, 10:35
You need to call DGCA and ask them.Also send an email.It will only be done if you pester them again and again.

equinox123
3rd Sep 2012, 10:50
oh thank heavens someone replied........capt Apache....appreciatooooo:ok:

Panama Jack
4th Sep 2012, 09:57
Call them up and say "you bloody useless bureaucrats. I filled out the bloody form in the correct bloody way and you can't even bloody-well read English?"

Seriously though, if it is a problem with them making a mistake, talk to them and get them to fix it before the system thinks you are a different person. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Maverick2167
4th Sep 2012, 12:20
Similar thing happen to me,, In my case my middle name was misspelled.. No biggy.. request the clerk concern politely,, he will addressed it to the Department head concern."All Goes well " ;) they will type the correct name on a strip of paper & glued it over the previous and stamped it.... :ok:

Ellips
5th Sep 2012, 05:56
^ that's some serious repair.

equinox123
5th Sep 2012, 06:32
EEEEEEEK.................You serious Maverick,they do that?.......of man why on earth do they not take a print out afresh?...........Its really not a pleasant sight to see a licence after having spent sleepless nights and huge truck loads of money.

Maverick2167
5th Sep 2012, 07:14
That's what they did for me.. :) quick fix indeed...Under an Hour LOL & I just assumed that's how the Indian DGCA works & I was in a hurry to get it corrected ASAP ;) I guess you could request for a new print..but considering the "Red-tapery" prevailing in the department .. it might take you a day or two to get issued a fresh print... But in your case I, would recommend you request for a Fresh... mine was just a matter of one word being misspelled :)

kush3370
5th Sep 2012, 12:16
I have been reading this thread since last 4 days now, and just felt like pointing out my own case of 2009 January (Thats when i got my CPL :D)
There was only my First name and Middle name there on CPL ...Surname was missing and when i told them to correct it they wrote it with the blue pen and then stamped (to proove that it was written by DGCA official) it.
i can count you few more cases like this happen with my own friends and guess what ? they never reprinted the license.... so i your case is way too much easy to handle...its just the problem of sequence...do not let it overcome the joy of getting it....
Cheers

equinox123
5th Sep 2012, 12:30
oh man @ kush3370,that is so ridiculous as far as DGCA's way of looking at it.I mean come on,how hard it is for them to have it printed again..If its hard for them i can get it printed if they would ever allow me.LOL.You think it's worth giving it a shot???.The day i got my license i was all smiles only to see my name in a messed up order.And all the smiles gone in a jiffy.I wouldn't have cared at all if my name on my FRTOL was the same as on my CPL.Damn but they r both in a different order.

kush3370
5th Sep 2012, 12:39
It does not matter dude...Dont just waste your time, Brain, Money, etc etc etc...its not going to get any better than what ever you have got. my surname was missing in CPL and FRTOL both of them..they wrote it with the pen and stamped it...i am very happy with the outcome...at last that was the best they could do about it... At times you have to accept the things the way they are...Reprinting is not possible at all (They wont do it)...
Cheers