PDA

View Full Version : Skywest EBA- Seniority ??

aussie027
30th Aug 2012, 13:37
I see that, for the first time I can recall, Skywest has advertised for DE F100 FOs.
I thought they had a traditional seniority system based on date of hire for upgrades, bidding etc???
How is it that their F50 pilots are not being upgraded within the company as has been done in the past AFAIK??

I know that Network is definitely not upgrading from the T/prop Braz fleet as has been mentioned in a few threads.

XRlent320
31st Aug 2012, 00:21
Skywest have employed Direct entry F100 F/o's twice previously. All new hires on the F50/ATR etc are frozen for 12 months. If upgrades become avail and the only people who bid are frozen then the Company has the right to employ externally for those positions.

There are a couple of F50 & ATR F/o's out of freeze at the moment but if not enough bid for the avail positions Skywest will recruit externally.

The Green Goblin
31st Aug 2012, 03:54
Unreal.

The F50 guys must be spewin!

Kelly Slater
31st Aug 2012, 08:43
The F50 guys will get across eventually and will have seniority when commands come up. So long as there are no direct entry commands, everyone should remain reasonably happy.

Alistair
1st Sep 2012, 04:14
Anyone know the salary details?
PM is fine.

Chadzat
1st Sep 2012, 05:34
Salary information is easily accessible through the Fair Work website.

SHVC
1st Sep 2012, 05:57
Bit of a thread drift, but anyone know anything about the interview questions for the ATR? And the training process all I can find out about it was that it is done over in France.

White and Fluffy
2nd Sep 2012, 05:55
1. Do the ATR pilots on the East Coast get a Skywest seniority number?

2. and are the ATR bases regarded as Skywest home bases in regards to base transfers?

Cone of confusion
5th Sep 2012, 13:30
Anyone got some inside knowledge on the average length of time to progress to command on the F100 at XR? Also how many duty days F100 drivers are doing per month.

SHVC
9th Sep 2012, 11:22
White and fluffy- Yes you do and yes they are.

Cone of confusion
26th Sep 2012, 01:36
Thanks for that. Now, can someone provide me with some details of the typical rostering at Skywest. I have read through the contract on the FWA website which obviously gives you the extremes to which the company can roster you but I would appreciate if someone can outline a typical 28 day roster on the F100, average duty day length and start times, days off per month, and what sort of roster you would expect to get when after training you have no bidding rights. PM if you like.

Cheers in advance.