PDA

View Full Version : Indian JetRanger cartwheels

helihub
30th Aug 2012, 13:03
JetRanger landing with good forward speed cartwheels - yesterday, 29th Aug. All walk away with minor injuries

dK6M0nxUnwQ

peterperfect
31st Aug 2012, 16:00
Theres a video elsewhere in the media with actual sound of the event, the engine tone and (just after it) decaying rotor notes are clearly audible..... Let the DGCA report be the final word on the cause though.

SASless
31st Aug 2012, 19:30
Reminds one that when it goes all egg shaped....it does so rapidly!:E

BlenderPilot
31st Aug 2012, 19:38
Indian Hindu guru Asaram Bapu's copter crash caught... | Stuff.co.nz (http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/7577183/Indian-gurus-copter-crash-caught-on-video)

Vertical Freedom
1st Sep 2012, 00:15
:ok: Amazing, Wonderful & Awesome; Everyone survived - Incredible India !! :8

Happy Landings

VF

Anthony Supplebottom
1st Sep 2012, 00:34
Yes - what a world. A woman walks down a road in London and gets killed by a window frame (http://gulfnews.com/news/world/woman-killed-in-window-frame-accident-1.1068470) while a Jet Ranger full of pax ploughs into the ground in Gujarat and they all walk out and go for a curry!

Vertical Freedom
1st Sep 2012, 00:43
Yes, if You watch the slow motion, zoomed in You will see the Main Rotor Blade slice neatly twice through the boom then depart the mast, intact, both blades attached via the head & start flinging towards the cameraman :eek::eek::eek::=

alouette
1st Sep 2012, 05:42
Holy cow!!!!! If that would have been some other type of aircraft then the occupants would have not walked away...:}

topendtorque
1st Sep 2012, 11:27
and they all walk out and go for a curry

Fancy someone being supple of the posterior suggesting that! Do you think they needed the curry?

Very hard to tell with camera flicker speed etc, but is the RRPM a real problem, or lack of it I should say?

Funny how they fall and are totally uncontrollable when they run out of curry, honey:ok:

Gulfstreamaviator
1st Sep 2012, 16:47
Not a heli driver, but the landing area was confined, and not a smooth surface, so the question I asl, is: was it an autorotation or was it a just a run on landing that should have been a hover to stationary landing.

They were very lucky...no fire, any fuel on board.???

glg

R.OCKAPE
2nd Sep 2012, 00:59
I'd say a swab of the collective would show traces of armpit follicles.... looks downwind to me

Nigel Osborn
2nd Sep 2012, 01:50
As they say in India the pilots are ex Indian Air Force Wing Commanders who come from a very very good family which means it can't be pilot error!! Definitely they should be buying a lottery ticket!:ok:

Gulfstreamaviator
2nd Sep 2012, 02:52
Sounds like the new Bollywood movie.

I was based in Delhi for several years, and totally agree.... it was not pilot error...

Glf

P6 Driver
2nd Sep 2012, 06:25
I'd say a swab of the collective would show traces of armpit follicles....
looks downwind to me

And the cyclic may have traces of whatever may be found in the groin area!

Cows getting bigger
2nd Sep 2012, 09:55
Assuming the take-off shown at minute 6:00 on the first YouTube link is of the same flight...........