PDA

View Full Version : ATPL subjects question

xxRED BARONxx
28th Aug 2012, 16:25
Hey guys I was just wondering if you could give me some advice regarding which ATPL I should tackle next, ive done HUF, MET and Systems so far. Which subject would you say would be the easiest to self study?? Reason Im doing the "easy" ones first is cause im getting taught the hard ones later this year so I figure if i smash out the easy ones it will give me more time to focus on the hard ones!

thanks in advance

seneca208
28th Aug 2012, 20:18
definitely give law a go IMO. it's pretty simple.

Riddick
28th Aug 2012, 21:24
Hi Red,

Great idea doing the subjects that you can in your own time. LOL, only because I did the same thing.

I did everything at home except for flight planning and no matter what I did I could not pass the exam.

Booked myself into Nathan Higgins in Marochydore and he found my problem on day 2 of the course. Makes me laugh that it was such an easy fix, and after that he just made me faster. This course is so effeceint that on the day of the exam I had time to do it twice, and I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. Now I didnt get 100% but a score in the 90's was good enough.

Keep at it and when you finally get stuck call this guy. Never give up there is always a solution.

Riddick

alphacentauri
28th Aug 2012, 21:57
I would also have a look at giving Nav a go. It's not that hard to self study and all of the concepts are applied again in flight planning.

If you can smash nav it really will make flight planning easier.

Posted from Pprune.org App for Android

Howard Hughes
28th Aug 2012, 23:23
This course is so effeceint that on the day of the exam I had time to do it twice, and I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.
I was standing in the CASA office submitting my ATPL application before the end of the exam! It pays to get help!:ok:

Did all but flight planning via self study.

Unusual-Attitude
29th Aug 2012, 00:26
rmcdonal,

You may have been advised in the past to do law last, as this one used to have a time limit on it, (six months from dim memory?)...but this no longer applies...do it first if you want, makes no difference.

xxRED BARONxx
29th Aug 2012, 06:05
So law is a relatively easy pass even if I havent done iRex??? I got a few cyber prac exams for law and AFT notes/exams.

seneca208
29th Aug 2012, 06:18
I had some questions that I answered off the top of my head as I have already completed my instrument rating, but they all have reference to the AIP, CAR or CAOs

archangel7
29th Aug 2012, 08:51
performance and loading, nav and FP. in that order.