PDA

View Full Version : Can't look at OzBAsh piccies :(

flapsforty
6th Apr 2002, 16:50
When I click on this link (http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/pictures?userid={F8F684A2-BC43-4710-A9B8-45EA1F4C6640}&inv=4A09AB0A9EE2068&albumid={DF0F6672-8F72-4BF8-B070-233B000F2E8A}) I get a nice page full of thumbnail piccies.
Wishing to enlarge them, I left click and nothing happens.
I right click and ask it to open link in seperate window; it opens a blank page. :confused:

I use IE.
What am I doing wrong?
Anyone?
Please?

sprocket
6th Apr 2002, 20:54
The page is a bit slow in opening for me. How long are you waiting for it to open?

flapsforty
7th Apr 2002, 08:55
Dear Sprocket, I'd wait as long as it takes to finally see the faces of the likes of GG, Coconut and all the other reprobates. But time doesn't help since the page loads fine but refuses to anything but show me thumbnails so I still CAN'T see what they all look like! :( :mad: :confused:

shack
7th Apr 2002, 09:52
Works for me by double left clicking on the thumbnail.

sprocket
7th Apr 2002, 10:13
Looks like the usual experts are in church today .....

Have you tried ......

..... Tools/InternetOptions/Advanced tab. Scroll down to the Multimedia heading and look for the "Show Pictures" box.
Make sure the box is checked and click the apply button.

flapsforty
7th Apr 2002, 11:00
Sprocket translated the above to Norwegian, looked at the setting you mentioned and it was already "ticked".
I also do not have probs with looking at and enlarging pictures from other foto sites.
Learnt on chat that I am not to the only one for whom this does not work.
While it seems to function fine for most people, both Min and Cleo have the same probs as does yours truly.

Getting rather frustrated here ;)

Mango3
7th Apr 2002, 12:05
Running a Firewall? They inhibit pics on some sites. Don't worry too much about seeing Coco-nuts. It's not a pretty sight! :D

flapsforty
7th Apr 2002, 13:26
Mango, disabled the fire wall, no luck :(
Coco not a pretty sight?
that's not what the ladies tell me! :p

AngleAndAttack
7th Apr 2002, 14:33
I had problems earlier today, but it works now if I double left-click on thumb nails.

Prøv så får du se!:)

BEagle
8th Apr 2002, 04:25
Agree - double click on the thumbnails and the pictures open just fine. That's on good old Win 95/IE5.5 on a 56K modem at 41333 bps - so anything more recent shouldn't have too many probs, one would have thought?

OzExpat
8th Apr 2002, 05:05
Flappie my sweet, so sorry you're having probs. I've heard that others have had probs too. I believe that Tinny and Slasher both had probs but overcame them by using something called "Opera. I've used IE5, IE5.5 and now IE6 without any difficulty, all running under Win98, on a number of different computers, one of which belongs to Disco Stu.

I've even accessed the photos from an internet cafe without any trouble, so I'm at a loss to explain the problem that you, Min and Cleo all seem to have found. I'm not being much help am I?:( :(

flapsforty
8th Apr 2002, 20:22
Guess I'll never see what they all look like then.................. http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/mecry.gif

OzExpat
9th Apr 2002, 12:00
Flappie ... I'm now back in dear ol' Port Morbid and accessed the photos from your link on this thread. Then with just one click on the first photo, the presentation (slideshow) window opened readily.

However, be sad no longer hon coz I hear that either Feeton or GG will be making "Ozbash 2002 - The CD" in the very near future. Hope this brightens your day, at least a wee bit!