View Full Version : FAA Test Center in Asia

tropaco
27th Aug 2012, 16:43
Anybody know of an authorized test center in Asia where I can sit an FAA ATP Written exam?

Thanks in advance. :ok:

Rotorhead1026
27th Aug 2012, 17:14
http://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/airmen/media/test_centers.pdf

Okinawa and Osan only, it seems. If in fact you are in London there's FlightSafety at Farnborough.

lee_apromise
27th Aug 2012, 17:42
Osan charges $300 per written test. In addition to that, they have this weird rule regarding non-Americans taking written tests.

The rule is that Osan cannot administer the test for non-Americans if the number of non-Americans that have taken written tests is greater than the number of Americans that have taken written tests. Therefore there are chances that you may have to wait for awhile before they can give you a slot.

I don't know if Kadena has this kind of weird rule.

flyboy108
28th Aug 2012, 13:41
That is a FAA rule so cant blame the center for that one

lee_apromise
28th Aug 2012, 18:06
I'm very curious regarding that rule, care to share the source?

flyboy108
29th Aug 2012, 00:59
Here you go!

Testing Center Facility Requirements, as mandated by FAA Order 8080.6E. Please note that FAA Order 8080.6E states the following in regard to international testing sites:

4-3. Appointments for Testing Centers Located Outside the Continental United States (Including Hawaii). Testing centers located outside the continental United States (including Hawaii) must meet the following criteria before final approval:

a. Written correspondence, addressed to AFS‑630, confirming availability of IFO surveillance.

b. Facility and personnel are in compliance with the requirements of this order, including successful completion of background checks.

c. Provide testing to 14 CFR part 141 pilot schools or part 142 training center certification programs, with a majority of testing activity being accomplished in support of U.S. citizens (i.e., 50 percent or more of the site’s exams are administered to U.S. citizens, which includes active U.S. military personnel).

PlanetEarth
29th Aug 2012, 04:43
some flight schools in the US are administrating tests only to foreigners. 90% of their students are foreigners and they can take a written test anytime they wish.Well they are not located "outside the CONUS" then, are they?

Cessna5370M
29th Aug 2012, 05:09
Depends where in Asia you live though. There is on on Guam. Check it out. They offer written test as well as the practical.