PDA

View Full Version : RPL FAI Silver and Gold C

jas24zzk
26th Aug 2012, 12:19
Hi all,
there used to be an RPL for people holding glider Silver and Gold C certifcation.

From memory, it was 10 hours towards the old RPPL, and then GFPT for Silver C holders.

10 hours extra towards UPPL/PPL for holders of Gold C.

I've spent the last 2 hours traipsing the docs, found lots of interesting stuff, but not what I am looking for.

Some of you are whizz bang at finding this stuff...any help much appreciated.

Cheers
Jas

Pinky the pilot
28th Aug 2012, 05:31
there used to be an RPL for people holding glider Silver and Gold C certifcation.

Indeed there was, well at least it applied back in 1982 when I started my training.

However I do not recall actually seeing anything in the ANOs or ANRs. (as they were then) My Instructor at the time just told me to take my Gliding Log Book into 'Aviation House' in Adelaide and speak to one of the Staff there.

I did so and was granted (from memory) 10 hours off the UPPL. Have no idea now if it still applies.

blackburn
28th Aug 2012, 06:28
From CAR 5.84

5.84 Private pilot (aeroplane) licence: aeronautical experience required

(1) For the purposes of paragraph 5.77 (1) (f), a person’s aeronautical experience must consist of at least 40 hours of flight time as a pilot, being flight time that includes:

(a) at least 5 hours of general flight time as pilot in command; and

(b) at least 5 hours of cross‑country flight time as pilot in command; and

(c) at least 2 hours of instrument flight time.

(2) The 40 hours must be recognised flight time that was flown in a registered aeroplane, recognised aeroplane, helicopter, gyroplane, glider, power‑assisted sailplane or group A ultralight.

(3) For the purposes of paragraph (1) (b), the flight time must include 1 flight of at least 150 miles, that includes at least 1 full stop landing at, and at least 1 take‑off from, each of 2 or more aerodromes:

(a) that are not the aerodrome from which the flight commenced; and

(b) that are not within the student pilot area limit of the aerodrome from which the flight commenced.