PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Sky Winding Up Notice

Yak97
26th Aug 2012, 08:03
I posted a question on Friday regarding Ocean Sky and was told, by an Ocean Sky empolyee that all was Ok, and rumour was unfounded.

However, this was published in the London Gazette on Thursday 23 Aug 2012:

Date: 23 August 2012
Issue Number: 60247
Page number: 16330

Publication Date: Thursday, 23 August 2012

Notice Code: 2450

Petitions to Wind Up (Companies)

In the High Court of Justice (Chancery Division)

Companies Court No 6028 of 2012

In the Matter of OCEAN SKY AVIATION LIMITED

(Company Number 04621318)

and in the Matter of the Insolvency Act 1986

A Petition to wind up the above-named Company, Registration Number 04621318, of Portland House, Bressenden Place, London, United Kingdom, SW1E 5BH, presented on 25 July 2012 by the Commissioners for HM Revenue and Customs, of Bush House, Strand, London WC2B 4RD, claiming to be Creditors of the Company, will be heard at the Royal Courts of Justice, 7 Rolls Buildings, Fetter Lane, London EC4A 1NL, on 10 September 2012, at 1030 hours (or as soon thereafter as the Petition can be heard).

Any persons intending to appear on the hearing of the Petition (whether to support or oppose it) must give notice of intention to do so to the Petitioners or to their Solicitor in accordance with Rule 4.16 by 1600 hours on 7 September 2012.

The Petitioners’ Solicitor is the Solicitor to HM Revenue and Customs, Solicitor’s Office, South West Wing, Bush House, Strand, London WC2B 4RD, telephone 020 7438 7731. (Ref SLR 1395691/37/W.)

23 August 2012.

I know that the AOC holders is Ocean Sky (UK) Ltd, a separate limited Company (04028634), but isn't this extreme action by HM Revenue & Customs?

Yak97
26th Aug 2012, 08:29
So if Ocean Sky pay all its back taxes, the notice is withdrawn?

OutsideCAS
26th Aug 2012, 10:31
Guessing this would explain the exodus of some staff to AeroToyStore @STN:E

twinjetter
26th Aug 2012, 10:50
The AOC operation (Ocean Sky UK) remains unaffected by this closure.

Yak97
26th Aug 2012, 11:06
That's as maybe, twinjetter, at the moment, but allowing winding-up petitions to be published seems to show a lack of planning, or something else?

merlinxx
26th Aug 2012, 14:11
Now you know where the money has gone to at ATS @ STN:E

goldeneaglepilot
26th Aug 2012, 19:13
Is it surprising? The last published accounts show debts of over £19m

TOWTEAMBASE
26th Aug 2012, 23:21
Exodus of oceansky to toy store, don't think they did, the ATS staff are a tad more local to STN than that

Monkey Boy
28th Aug 2012, 09:09
They are winding up everything except FBO's and engineering. The AOC, charter, aircraft management all going, more staff resigned before the axe fell.

Predicted this a few years back when SG took over. He had no interest in aircraft management / AOC work / Brokerage. It was all about the FBO's, I'm just surprised it's taken this long :ugh:

Monkey Boy
30th Aug 2012, 17:02
I've heard from two sources today that the axe has finally fallen on everything apart from the FBO's and the maintenance.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

cldrvr
30th Aug 2012, 18:29
MB, heard something similar.

twinjetter
30th Aug 2012, 18:57
Rumours of our demise are greatly exaggerated; the AOC operation remains fully functional.

Monkey Boy
30th Aug 2012, 21:23
Rumours of our demise are greatly exaggerated; the AOC operation remains fully functional.

Well that's great news about the AOC - can you comment on the aircraft management, charter sales and brokerage side of the business?

Cheesygrin
30th Aug 2012, 22:05
Would that it was so simple .......for better or worse I fear Ocean Sky is mortally wounded . :sad::(

Opsbeatch
31st Aug 2012, 07:48
Come on TJ, you've sung this song before!

twinjetter
31st Aug 2012, 08:25
I guess I'm just a glass-half-full kind of guy:)

Monkey Boy
31st Aug 2012, 08:27
You want to be careful having a half full glass there at O/S - someone will come along and use it to top their own glass up when your backs turned!!

Daifly
31st Aug 2012, 08:43
Their mailshot yesterday for a trade show said they did FBOs, Interiors and Engineering...

dc9-32
31st Aug 2012, 16:48
I'm hearing AOC possibly suspended and bailiffs arriving soon if not already, at Luton. Anyone heard the same ?

Monkey Boy
31st Aug 2012, 17:45
Surely all the fat cats and other you mentioned where all at Bressenden Place?

boeing_eng
31st Aug 2012, 17:48
Who is paying for the new relocated FBO facilities at LTN?.....plenty of earthworks still going on!!

Cheesygrin
31st Aug 2012, 18:29
I'm still not sure what's going on ......not a whisper from Bressenden Palace or Brittania House for that matter . No sign of Salaries that would normally arrive into Accounts today ......rumours of bailiffs , AOC suspension and impounding of Aircraft but no real , solid reliable information .:{

twinjetter
31st Aug 2012, 19:39
Ref OCS- I am just going outside, and may be some time (metaphorically, of course)

OutsideCAS
31st Aug 2012, 19:44
Welcome to the Insolvency List (http://www.insolvencylist.com/details.php?Serial=658623)

:sad:

twinjetter
31st Aug 2012, 20:14
CAS - wrong company, not AOC holder.

I have no opinion on OCS aoc future, just a statement of fact.

OutsideCAS
31st Aug 2012, 20:33
Apologies TJ. Hope all goes well with the AOC side as IMHO Ocean Sky is a good company with good people.

Booglebox
31st Aug 2012, 21:53
Best of luck TJ old bean. :}

tommoutrie
31st Aug 2012, 23:11
Good luck everybody - there but for the grace of god..

LTNman
2nd Sep 2012, 17:33
Bailiffs turned up at their LTN hangar at the end of last week but were sent packing as they could not get airside. Thought the engineering side was a different company which was apparently pointed out to them before they left empty handed. Maybe they were after an aircraft and not the engineering assets?

Work continues on the new FBO building and new aprons but progress seems rather slow.

Grenville Fortescue
3rd Sep 2012, 16:58
Clearly being MI6's charterer of choice was of little help in the end! ;)

JB in Aviation
4th Sep 2012, 08:46
Hi,

Looking for some help if possible. Currently dealing with an aircraft owner who has his Aircraft Managed by Ocean Sky. The Owners Office is trying to contact Ocean Sky to obtain details about whats going on, and also more importantly what state their account is in, is the aircraft still covered by insurance etc. The people they normally speak to have apprently left Ocean Sky last week.

Who can be appraoched at Ocean Sky to get some answers about the Aircraft and the status of the Management account etc?

Thanks in advance.

Monkey Boy
4th Sep 2012, 12:15
Just heard on the grapevine that the liquidators have been at the FBO's too?? Probably just rumour, but has anyone else heard the same?

patience
4th Sep 2012, 12:54
I've heard a lot of stories coming out of OCS via my contact there in the last couple of days, many of which turned out to be 'not quite right'

I understand the juicy bits of the company (the FBOs, Engineering) have been sold off to some billionaire from Russia, who already had a lot to do with the company..so they are safe and will continue to do well

but there is no clear news about the future of Ocean Sky (UK) the charter/Ops etc..I think that has obviously been written off as top-heavy and unlikely-to-get-profitable anytime soon, and so it is left to it's own devices (management buy out?). I've heard most of the planes are staying with Ocean Sky (UK) and continuing to fly (not on an AOC, because it might have gone already) quite happily, but who knows?

It was a really good company, maybe too many 'self marketing in-and-out' directors, REMFs (client managers etc) not enough management accounting going on. a really bloody shame. to all the brilliant office guys left behind, i really hope it pulls through, I am sure it will

Monkey Boy
4th Sep 2012, 13:02
So if I read that right, the FBO's have been sold by the Ocean Sky group, to the person who financially backed the Ocean Sky group?

Monkey Boy
4th Sep 2012, 14:15
Last time this happened the aircraft spent a few happy weeks in Prague I believe.......

Monkey Boy
4th Sep 2012, 14:22
I think you may find TS has had his train set taken away for making such a f@ck up of everything, and RS is taking a more active role in the running of what will be left i.e. FBO's and engineering only, lot of changes coming very soon.

That would be the most sensible decision RS could make! Obvioulsy got fed up with pumping money into a black hole and wanted to see some return on his investment, but it'll take a LONG time to get any sort of return on the money that's already been wasted (if ever)!

LGW Vulture
4th Sep 2012, 14:29
The backers must be pretty pissed off with Aviation by now. Told by some smart fellow that plenty of money could be made in Business Aviation having lost millions with freighters! :rolleyes::ugh:

Monkey Boy
4th Sep 2012, 15:19
Told by some smart fellow that plenty of money could be made in Business Aviation

That's not quite how it happened - after a few years of chartering, the thought process was "How hard can this be? Surely we can do it better".

mikeyblueyes
4th Sep 2012, 16:04
Don't know about Ocean sky situation but also heard that some crews haven't been paid salary due for August...sorry for you guys :\ but maybe time to look elsewhere?

LTNman
4th Sep 2012, 16:04
The construction of their new FBO at Luton continues.

patience
4th Sep 2012, 17:45
...I understood the TS train-set theory, but there was always a lack of transparency with the finances so how could you tell what actually happened? They must have made a reasonable income with the management fees... did they fritter it away on layers of detritus ("Aircraft Managers", consultants, job-hopping directors), did the wider group activities get unfairly fiscally loaded (IT, HR, etc) on other departments? Were funds really misappropriated by 'higher powers' etc to support new group ventures (or private accounts).. only a handful of people know and may not have been able to stop it any way, but it would be great to know the real story one day, it's probably quite simple.

On the face of it, it looks like an uncharacteristic failure of a British business with much going for it. But I suspect that would be a long way from the truth. It has been diddled from within.
Mike

btw: there is a stainless steel plate on the entrance foot-plate of these planes that states clearly who owns the airplane (Joe Bloggs Ltd), often it is "mortgage company"..owned via three or so other layers of interests..that routes back to the principal. You don't become a billionaire if you don't have a good commercial lawyer.. Ocean Sky (correct me if I am wrong) never owned an airplane asset, so impounding one would be illegal..as it belongs to somebody else.

Monkey Boy
4th Sep 2012, 18:10
They must have made a reasonable income with the management fees...

No they didn't, or least not from the evidence I could see. In the early days, many of the managed aircraft where offered at "mates rates", with the mate in question nearly always paying late on invoices. I overheard a conversation in the office about a particular aircraft how after a year it was already $1m in the red. Whether this was still the case in the later years with others in the fleet, I don't know.

Were funds really misappropriated by 'higher powers' etc to support new group ventures (or private accounts)..

More than you would believe - but not only for "new group ventures" but also for certain people's "private travel" arrangements. The money would get paid back. Eventually. But by that time, the debts continued to rise and one department borrowing funds from another made it all very complicated.

On the face of it, it looks like an uncharacteristic failure of a British business

Far, far, far from a British business I'm afraid.

Lots of people tried extremely hard to make this company work, as many of us believed in it, and it's credit to those folks that it lasted as long as it did. However, it was the one's at the top who were causing the issues. It was like wading through treacle most days.

Monkey Boy
4th Sep 2012, 18:12
it was everything associated with the London office

Not everything at the London office was a drain on the finances - the brokerage actually made good profits with little relative overheads, and those profits were often taken to bail out other areas of the company.

Monkey Boy
4th Sep 2012, 18:19
if you disagree you are gone and quickly, cant have junior found out or upset.

Yup............:mad: :ugh:

patience
4th Sep 2012, 18:28
..well they never mentioned half of this stuff at the interview!!

I feel bad for everyone at Ocean Sky (UK) Ltd on the ground..this is the end. You were in a giant shirt-lifting experiment all along.

The pilots and F/A will probably stay with their planes (there is a shortage of experienced crews at the moment) or find jobs quickly enough. For everyone else, I pray they find fun, fulfilling jobs soon enough, they deserve it

chelsky
4th Sep 2012, 18:43
well.... been promissed to have a copy of their wind-up notice. K&L gates (or whatever) are OCS UK speakers nowdays. Nothing yet.

chelsky
4th Sep 2012, 19:18
thank you))) i don't

cambioso
4th Sep 2012, 21:10
For the less enlightened не задерживайте дыхание в ожидании means "don't hold your breath"

patience
4th Sep 2012, 21:28
I think I was joking about the interview, there's no way to have guessed what the reality would have been, I was too side-tracked working out what promises were bollocks and what were probables..(to keep life simple, they kindly kept it all bollocks)

that's an interesting point about the RS XRS crew, I can cite even better examples of Captains who were much closer to PAs & Owners..and have now got carted along to the next operations with them. I'm British and generally abhor nepotism, corruption etc (unless it benefits me of course) but I may have just witnessed the single-most valid reason for brown-nosing/building rapport with these people, it buys a form of good-will currency that you can use up for hard-landings, diversions, cabin f* ups and now (ultimately) being taken with them to the next operation when the **** hits the fan. I know, I know..

Monkey Boy
4th Sep 2012, 21:40
Что хорошо скрыта, давайте будем надеяться, что его не нужно прийти в Англию скоро!

Well, whoever ends up managing RS's XRS, they'd better make sure all the bills are paid up in a timely manner or it'll end up being another hangar queen.

chelsky
4th Sep 2012, 21:55
I ve got an excuse of ownership instead of wind-up notice today. If somebody may advise me on how to create a link to that .pdf documet - I will publish it......:O

pattaya pete
5th Sep 2012, 01:07
Hey Monkey Boy,

you werent the only one, all he knows is FBO's, funny how only FBO's are only profitable and functional aspect of OCS operation

pattaya pete
5th Sep 2012, 01:22
Quote:
They must have made a reasonable income with the management fees... No they didn't, or least not from the evidence I could see. In the early days, many of the managed aircraft where offered at "mates rates", with the mate in question nearly always paying late on invoices. I overheard a conversation in the office about a particular aircraft how after a year it was already $1m in the red. Whether this was still the case in the later years with others in the fleet, I don't know.

Quote:
Were funds really misappropriated by 'higher powers' etc to support new group ventures (or private accounts)..
More than you would believe - but not only for "new group ventures" but also for certain people's "private travel" arrangements. The money would get paid back. Eventually. But by that time, the debts continued to rise and one department borrowing funds from another made it all very complicated.

Quote:
On the face of it, it looks like an uncharacteristic failure of a British business
Far, far, far from a British business I'm afraid.

Lots of people tried extremely hard to make this company work, as many of us believed in it, and it's credit to those folks that it lasted as long as it did. However, it was the one's at the top who were causing the issues. It was like wading through treacle most days.

So true MB on all issues, think I know who's aircraft you are talking about, maybe an-ex charter client who bought their own aircraft and it spent first six months or so in service u/s

pattaya pete
5th Sep 2012, 04:43
Also didnt help brokerage dept when having booked a flight or series of flights with a signed contract for a friend/ associate of TS that after flight client/ TS buddy would call direct to TS demanding a reduction just because of their friendship nothing to do with quality of charter and TS would always bow to their demands even their payment plan. (He had already agreed credit for said clients).

Cheesygrin
5th Sep 2012, 06:41
OS really need to start telling crews etc what's really going on . Some guys paid , others not .....it's most unfair and a completely dishonourable way of doing things . Not entirely un expected but disappointing nonetheless .

Monkey Boy
5th Sep 2012, 08:41
So true MB on all issues, think I know who's aircraft you are talking about, maybe an-ex charter client who bought their own aircraft and it spent first six months or so in service u/s

That's the one - the chocolate box!

Chidken Sangwich
5th Sep 2012, 16:34
btw: there is a stainless steel plate on the entrance foot-plate of these planes that states clearly who owns the airplane (Joe Bloggs Ltd), often it is "mortgage company"..owned via three or so other layers of interests..that routes back to the principal. You don't become a billionaire if you don't have a good commercial lawyer.. Ocean Sky (correct me if I am wrong) never owned an airplane asset, so impounding one would be illegal..as it belongs to somebody else.

Not sure about ownership, but debts stay with the airframe that incurred them. If a bailiff turns up to collect debts on behalf of say Eurocontrol he's totally within his rights to impound the 'offending aircraft', its certainly not illegal just because the aircraft belongs to someone else.

starwalker
6th Sep 2012, 21:46
So to everybody this doesn’t com as a surprise. With these kind of management, useless self-righteous People. This is not the first insolvency they put a company through though; e.g. triple Alpha, there German AOC Office in Munich, do not forget Ocean Cargo in Italy. Only so open bills do not have to be paid.
Only to start a new company some where!
TS will get a new company from his dad, just to screw again for sure. Always attracting the above mentioned individuals around him.
The turnaround on staff was a good indication of what would happen. Every decant human being left the sinking ship when they had the chance.

patience
7th Sep 2012, 06:37
..that's an interesting point about impounding the airframe that incurred the debt..that machine is parked in Vnukovo III if anyone is looking for it. If RS allowed his debts to run up, he should pay for them or lose his toy

..so how did the company collapse so quickly? why did so many owners apparently terminate their contracts all at once? Why did SG step down so abruptly the other month? Why did AH and Co leave the other month? did the company realise it wasn't viable and moved to dissolve itself or did the owners catch wind of 'something' and just leave, thereby making the 'new' Ocean Sky UK company unviable? what would have made them all want to leave? I imagine the company might have become a little 'bloated' with certain personnel/material costs that could have been scaled down if we had lost 20-30% of the clients..but losing almost all of them would kill any business off.. so what happened?!?!

..the accounting system for a patched together "vertically integrated" aviation company must have been a nightmare to have kept together, particularly if (if actually true) it was being financially molested by previously mentioned elements and clients were actually allowed to accrue huge arrears (huh?!?). I remember once being denied fuel in Luton because OCS AM hadn't paid the OCS fuel account for the previous month, the passenger was FUMING at the delay..wtf. I have DOZENS of other stories like this for my time at OCS. You can't blame shabby account architecture and control on the Russians, it's too convenient.. It was a fire-fighting mess all along - you can only blame that on the Chartered Accountant/CIMA/ACCA etc MBAs qualified directors and managers who were present on our board and ran our money lines. Or not as the case may have been.

Ultimately, RS ditched OCS Aviation because it couldn't organise itself properly to the point of making a profit. The guy might be the aggressive, intolerant face of Russian capitalism, but he is not stupid (all he asked for was enough of a return to be able to go shoot a white rhino in Africa, that's not asking too much is it?) If TS genuinely derailed the strategic plans the board (SG, AH etc) thought were best and we subsequently lost out to the competition then that'd make a fine bedtime story, but I just have a feeling OSC went tits-up for reasons a little closer to home :(

patience
7th Sep 2012, 07:10
actually I think that might be a bit harsh, I hope nobody on the money side takes offence. the trouble obviously started from the top and trickled down and I don't doubt everyone in accounts did the best they could with what they were given.

But I am still curious as to why all the clients just packed up last week. It's obvious nobody has been given the full story

I hope everyone finds gainful employment quickly at a company that deserves them. I am proud to have worked there
M.

monkey lover
7th Sep 2012, 12:51
Patience I feel your post is spot on, and I am glad you amended the comment on the finance people, who I feel we're doing an impossible juggling task with one arm tied behind their backs. I do however feel you have omitted one person who may have had a hand in the demise, namely IL.

Best of luck to everyone, it's was an experience I will never forget, hope you all find something else soon !

twinjetter
7th Sep 2012, 14:27
ML - Agreed re your additional name.

If it is true that we were being wantonly destroyed from within at the very highest level, then we never had a chance.

Good luck everyone - and no regrets; OCS certainly had its moments!

patience
7th Sep 2012, 14:35
I do however feel you have omitted one person who may have had a hand in the demise, namely IL

Theory #1: IL did in fact at first try to save OCS UK. He either proposed a hike in fees/contract-adjust or became majority shareholder etc (- I've no idea, I'm guessing) or something rather unpalatable to the owners of 15 planes or so. They all took off. Then he chased after them and tried to get them to join 'a new enterprise'..effectively making himself Middle Man between the owners and the new parent company (pick a small AOC holding company in need of a nice offer), using their AOC/Despatch/Crewing etc operation while keeping Moscow Ops as the main field office as it was before.

Theory #2 IL knew OCS UK was untenable, saw his big chance and deliberately put the wind up them ("the end is nigh!") then told them not to worry, he had a solution already for them (see Theory#1). They bolted out the door in a hurry, some may have gone with him (??) and some would have gone straight to competitors. Time will tell. If true, he killed off a company (made sick by the inabilities of people-recently-departed to get their house in order) that under the new MD in a post-RS/TS era (and a little help from KPMG etc) just might have been turned around (or maybe not, but now we will never know).

I think Theory#2 is more likely from what I have picked up on, but I'm sure everyone will post their own variations.

A damned fine company to work for. Finally destroyed by a selfish f* :mad:

Phil Brockwell
7th Sep 2012, 16:44
So, what exactly has been shut down? The handling and brokerage is still going?

twinjetter
7th Sep 2012, 20:23
Hi Phil

FBO and engineering continue to offer service with a smile. Just the airline that's going south.

Steve

tommoutrie
7th Sep 2012, 20:41
man there's just no green grass in this industry any more!
is it you Twinjetter? are you a bloody jinx?

twinjetter
7th Sep 2012, 20:52
Yeah thanks very much for that Tom, is that sirens i hear again?? :-) Hope you're well mate.

Can i just say that there are some great ops and client comms staff in the LTN area right now ready to seek new challenges asap. Anyone know of any decent vacancies? Let me know and i'll pass on to my guys.

tommoutrie
7th Sep 2012, 21:02
Phil your post is brilliant. Handling and brokerage still ok?
..translation..
Can I bid you in the balls to handle us and is there any business I can snaffle?

Careful on the approach at EGGW. Formation of large birds, possibly vultures, have been reported..

Monkey Boy
8th Sep 2012, 11:12
You mean the other Russian crook Irakly, in it from day one when KT started the company, correct if I am wrong.

You are correct - he was always there, lurking in the shadows right from the beginning. Lots of dubious things would happen while he was over in Moscow - apparently no one has bank accounts out there, and all charters are paid for with suitcases full of cash! And what a lovely new BMW he had.......

cheekyneverrude
8th Sep 2012, 13:27
Interesting reading..

Easy to throw stones at recent years, the rot was truly settled in from the start.

If the goal had really been about having a business that could self fund and make a profit it would have been easy enough to do, however this was clearly not the goal from the outset and too many people not interested in this, the outcome = these long term losses would never allow an easy fix for the future.

There have been some great people here and it is a real shame they never given the real chance to more things forward.

Shady middle men, Smoke screens, Chinese whispers, and Stupid rumours have done nothing but accelerate this process and made the job of so many so hard.

Here's hoping that lessons learnt, and the decent people get the jobs they deserve....

Monkey Boy
8th Sep 2012, 17:51
If the goal had really been about having a business that could self fund and make a profit it would have been easy enough to do, however this was clearly not the goal from the outset and too many people not interested in this, the outcome = these long term losses would never allow an easy fix for the future.

So if that wasn't the goal, what was it?

I agree that some rot was there in the beginning, however there were also people there who would say "No" to TS and he'd listen. Sometimes he would get his own way, but not always. It's when the people who would say "No" left, and were replaced with "Yes" men - that's it started to slip away, and quickly.

coopervane
10th Sep 2012, 05:38
Manchester Engineering has always and will always be profitable with low overheads, years of engineering experience, small efficient work force and the only FBO in the airport. With its own cost centre it will be a great place to bring your aircraft. Meanwhile it's business as usual so if your your Lear 45,60, Challenger 601/604/605/850, Global 5000/Express/Citation needs attention, rest assured you will get the service you deserve.
For those who have been around a long time, the NEA culture still fills the hanger!!
Coops

learjet50
10th Sep 2012, 11:50
Could not agree more

You wont get a better team to look after your A/C No Bull**** no Fancy Saville Row Suits no surplus of Managers/Assistant managers/Friends of Managers.

Just a bunch of people who will get there hands dirty to finish a Job

and there is still NEA Aura in the Air

Regards

Gerry

starwalker
10th Sep 2012, 17:21
Above The Clouds
Simples, top heavy management in it for themselves hiring their mates S Grimes and A Hughes most guilty of this.

Junior T Sardarov realised he had f@cked up again by employing these muppets SG and AH who were only in it for themselves.

S Grimes only motive was a willy waving exercise to get one over on Harrods.

A Hughes, living in a world of his own calling himself accountable manager with big ideas but completely out of touch giving his mates fictitious jobs.

Could not agree more, especially A Hughless had never any idea on how to run a business,
Nepotism kept him aloft. A real disgrace for all the staff which did good work but never had a chance under those condition getting cheated by all the top players like, SG, AH, TS & Irakly alike etc.

TS, will probably get a new company by the senior Sadarov so he can screw up one more time. :=

orion1210
10th Sep 2012, 19:56
Well said coopervane. Long may it continue.

Every customer satisfied says a lot.

Swatters
11th Sep 2012, 17:40
The Heart of the FBO still beats. Engineering is still in good hands.
A great team which I miss dearly.
Good Luck to all my old colleagues and mates, hope the old NEA spirit continues.
Lewis x

chaps2011
13th Sep 2012, 12:18
Ocean Sky name taken down from hangar at Manchester this morning
any more info on what is happening?

Ian

twinjetter
13th Sep 2012, 16:20
Re-branding to separate themselves from the stench of dead and decaying companies within the Group?

What could the new brand name be?

SpringHeeledJack
13th Sep 2012, 17:19
Oceans Apart ;)

twinjetter
13th Sep 2012, 17:33
Springheeledjack - like it:D

You should work in advertising!...sharp suits, fast cars, glass-clad city offices, and a limitless company Credit Card. Erm, hold on, you're not ex-Ocean Sky are you?:)

twinjetter
13th Sep 2012, 18:57
Who in their right mind would go for a meaningless TLA in the modern world of yuckspeak and faux shop-fronts?

Oh hold the phone, I can think of one company.

(Never knew his middle name was Steve):)

sycamore
13th Sep 2012, 19:04
Ocean`s 13...?

pattaya pete
14th Sep 2012, 05:21
You are correct - he was always there, lurking in the shadows right from the beginning. Lots of dubious things would happen while he was over in Moscow - apparently no one has bank accounts out there, and all charters are paid for with suitcases full of cash! And what a lovely new BMW he had.......

Monkey Boy but wasn't that a compoany car paid for with money received from a client for a charter. Irakli (looks at spit of Mr Bean) didnt tell anyone until accounts asked where were the proceeds for a certain flight that he had received in cassh allegedly

Booglebox
14th Sep 2012, 09:00
I heard a rumour (:}) that the managed clients / aircraft are being taken over by a company in Malta. Can anyone shed any light on this?

monkey lover
14th Sep 2012, 13:08
Hyperion !!!

Blimey hope the crews don't get forced into transporting any 'special sand' !!

diesel862
14th Sep 2012, 20:39
I think that Malta lot are getting into bed with Aero Toy Store at STN.

twinjetter
15th Sep 2012, 10:48
Not all of them...Irakli is going to be too busy as CEO of RSS Jet Centres.

Monkey Boy
17th Sep 2012, 16:35
Not all of them...Irakli is going to be too busy as CEO of RSS Jet Centres.

How reassuring! :eek:

So I guess the Ocean Sky brand, such as it was, is now dead and buried?

Sky_Captain
18th Sep 2012, 08:21
Please say it isn't true that Irakli is going to be CEO of the RSS jet centres?

He's already moved his Moscow staff to work for Hyperion and they are simply useless!

How he convinced people to work/move to Hyperion I'll never know, promised them the bags of white powder.......I mean 'medical supplies' off 9H-FED probably! :E

twinjetter
18th Sep 2012, 12:31
Sky_Captain - it's true (according to the man himself on Linkedin)

So all the Moscow Ocean Sky brigade are safely ensconced at Hyperion....meanwhile every single Ocean Sky UK employee in the British HQ is redundant - nice.

I guess it must just be that the Russians were simply brilliant and we were to a man extremely poor performers. I'm just grateful that they carried us for as long as they could.....:mad:

Monkey Boy
18th Sep 2012, 13:03
I guess it must just be that the Russians were simply brilliant and we were to a man extremely poor performers. I'm just grateful that they carried us for as long as they could.....http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/censored.gif

Well quite - with their canny business sense, leadership and vision, it's a wonder that they needed any of us in the first place. :ugh:

Sky_Captain
18th Sep 2012, 15:15
From what I hear, the Moscow staff now make up about 90% of Hyperion.
They undoubtably have 1 person only in Malta to run their so called operation but I do feel very sorry for all of the staff in the UK, the Russian mentality of just dropping whatever company is not making money is normal in Russia!

Would you happen to know his surname for the LinkedIn page, I'd be interested in having a read of it?

LGW Vulture
18th Sep 2012, 15:32
Took me one minute to google Irakli and RSS........ :ugh:

Irakli Litanishvili - United Kingdom | LinkedIn (http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/irakli-litanishvili/5/7ba/5)

cupofteacp
18th Sep 2012, 17:01
I heard TS was looking for another London office

chelsky
18th Sep 2012, 19:26
I have a judgment against OSUK which is a matter of public record which can be seen through a public sources (creditsafe etc.). Hence, there is nothing to prevent me from advising any third party through this forum that there is a judgment against OSUK and all aircraft which belongs to Ocean Sky (G-GABI, G-OKKI, G-PVEL,G-RAAA, G-UMKA) are in seizure by High Court Enforcement team. G-FCFC is released last week.
Being in this industry for more than 20 years I would advise OCSUK team to asses their future in aviation business.

twinjetter
18th Sep 2012, 19:37
chelski

There were a lot of good people at OCS UK; all of which were not privy to any top-level problems. I think you should clarify your comment about the team considering their future careers.

Whatever your thoughts about people at the top, there were a lot of straight, hard working and professional individuals there trying to make it work until the end.

Also, G-GABI is a hot air ballon :)

chelsky
18th Sep 2012, 20:15
I know, twinjetter, but let me assure you - OCS mark in CV will haven an everlasting echo.

chelsky
18th Sep 2012, 20:18
Above the clouds:

It is Her Majesty Court Judgment which I have. Not my personal judgment.

twinjetter
18th Sep 2012, 20:42
Chelsky, we are probably talking about vastly different sums, but you as a supplier and we as employees are all out of pocket following the failure.

I hope you get what you consider you are owed (and me too!). Sadly though, OCS is not the first operator failure and will certainly not be the last.

I hope also that the OCS failure will seen for what it is when it comes to the hard-working guys on the ground securing other jobs.

chelsky
18th Sep 2012, 21:02
twinjetter:
yeap...., around 700 000 pounds and rising with 140 pounds a day....
Good luck to all hard-working people which I dare to belong to.

Spunky Monkey
19th Sep 2012, 07:05
Chelsky
Just to confirm you are blacklisting anyone who worked for OS?
Engineers Pilots, Ground Staff, CSRs?

Or are you just referring to management, or directors and post holders?

Just so we know.

under a cloud
19th Sep 2012, 09:43
Your claim is based upon the misconception that Ocean Sky UK had any assests in the first place I think you will find that OCS UK have never "owned" any aircraft. The only real assets the comopany had were its staff - now tossed aside:*

Phil Brockwell
19th Sep 2012, 09:47
Chelsky,

What on earth possessed you to afford £700k to OS. I'd certainly sack your credit controller and take on any credit controllers who have recently parted company with OS who were obviously better at their job than the one in your organisation.

I can't help thinking that the fault lies with the person who made the decision to take the credit gamble!

Phil

Spunky Monkey
19th Sep 2012, 10:31
Oh Phil
You have stolen my thunder.
I was building up to that.

Due diligence.

judy the rudder
19th Sep 2012, 14:01
I also can't help thinking that the fault lies with people in posh suits who talk in techno babble of 'ratio of numbers' and 'critical mass' before a company has enough chaos to keep going under its own steam regardless of how much money it's hemorrhaging. People in suits will be the one's to wether the storm and move to new jobs mostly and decorate their linkedin profiles with absurd and abstract titles of what they used to no do properly.

If you were lucky enough to have a blackerry as a redundancy payment sell it to envirophone. Other than that stories for the grandkids, as for Chelsky whatever cake you were fed to part with that sort of money - very sorry to here this - really. People's life's are cheap in this business and so is the cash when its not paid back. The only sure fire way to stay alive managing owners and there equipment is to have no leeway; no money - no fly - no exceptions.

Monkey Boy
19th Sep 2012, 14:36
The only sure fire way to stay alive managing owners and there equipment is to have no leeway; no money - no fly - no exceptions.

Absolutely correct in any "normal" business - but the way Ocean Sky was run was far from "normal". IMHO, one of the main reasons the company went south was simply because the main protagonist had no concept of money. I suspect that at no point in his young life was he ever found wanting for anything, whatever he wanted just "magically" appeared and 'twas ever thus. So giving things away, offering mates rates, making ill conceived purchases and not chasing payments was never an issue because there would always be a large pot of cash in the distance into which he could dip his hand, and the problem would go away. It seems that the proprietor of that pot got fed up with constantly finding someone's hand in the cookie jar.

Let there be no mistake, the failure of this company lies only with one person - yes others there had their faults, but ultimately they were there trying to make the business a success, but the main man was also the main downfall.

Daifly
19th Sep 2012, 15:41
September 13, 2012:

RSS Enterprises Ltd. are pleased to announce the acquisition of Ocean Sky Jet Centre Ltd and its subsidiary companies i.e. Ocean Sky Engineering Ltd, Ocean Sky Aircraft Interiors Ltd and Ocean Sky Jet Centre (Prestwick) Ltd.

RSS Enterprises have appointed Eddie Allison as group managing director. Eddie Allison brings over 34 years of aviation experience to his role having set up Execair in 1986 which became the largest chain of FBO's in the UK. Since 2006 Eddie has been managing director of Ocean Sky Jet Centre (Prestwick) Ltd. and as the new group MD he will continue the development and growth of the business including the commitment to the on-going new build of the flagship FBO at London Luton Airport.

Eddie Allison said "this is exceptionally good news for our company, partners and clients. The new ownership means that now we are able to move forward and will begin the process of re-branding to reflect this new ownership with Ocean Sky Jet Centre becoming RSS Jet Centre, Ocean Sky Jet Centre (Prestwick) becoming RSS Jet Centre (Prestwick), Ocean Sky Engineering becoming RSS Aircraft Engineering and Ocean Sky Interiors becoming RSS Aircraft Interiors.

"As RSS Jet Centre we will continue to offer our brokerage division with no change to the personalised service you currently receive from our London, Dubai and Moscow offices. Our expertise means the most reliable, safest and cost effective private jet charter services on a global scale complimented by helicopters and yachts charter services."

Press release issued by Ocean Sky Jet Centre.

cheekyneverrude
19th Sep 2012, 16:20
Chelsky, out of interest what were you supplying to OCS to have £700k due to you?

Judy, As for suggesting people should sell the blackberry to raise funds is only adding to the woe of the comms supplier who no doubt has also been left with serious amount owing and ongoing commitment to the mobile service company. These should all go back to them and offset against what is owed.

This is all a very sad situation, but surely if everyone is so aware and clear about the bad eggs then the new company will have no chance of being a success. I would expect Clients and Suppliers alike to steer well clear?

judy the rudder
19th Sep 2012, 17:44
How can RSS aquire Oceansky its one and the same

or did I miss something?

merlinxx
19th Sep 2012, 18:04
Just ask Big Eddie:E

Jet Babe
21st Sep 2012, 10:31
Think Big Eddie's bitten off more than he can chew this time.

Mind you by the size of him, he can chew quite a lot.

Just seen on the Companies House website that the 3 Ocean Sky companies that have gone pop so far have taken their creditors for £52 MILLION !!!!

Ocean Sky UK Ltd is next, for how much one wonders?

If any of you guys are owed money by the ones that are still limping along, I'd be having a word with your credit control department! Before the whole lot goes.

Daifly
21st Sep 2012, 13:13
£52 million? Really?

Where on CoHo are you finding that?

Jet Babe
21st Sep 2012, 13:32
Hi Daifly

If you go to each company in CoHo and look at their filing history. The form 4.20 is the statement of affairs from the liquidator (Duff and Phelps). It shows what they expect to be able to recover, which is peanuts compared to what they've taken everyone for.

The 4.20 form lists all the creditors of each company. The creditors of OS Aviation amount to £30m, OS Aircraft Management - £19m and OS Aircraft Charter - £3m. OS UK is not published yet, prob due in a few days. More creditors taking a (very deep) bath methinks.

If I knew how to attach them, I would. But they're public documents readily available on CoHo.

This is over and above any other assets, from which the liquidators expect to get virtually nothing.

All this from the "fastest growing" company in aviation?!?!

And they think that changing the name to RSS Jet Centre will sort it all?

They obviously think the aviation community is rather stupid. Are people really going to be taken in with all their spin a second time?

This company have been spouting forth a lot of nonsense for several years whilst merrily using the money of their creditors to pay for it all!

Nothing short of scandalous!!

Daifly
21st Sep 2012, 13:44
F*ck! Good going...

RSS should have fun with credit terms.

I've just downloaded the documents and the only comment I have (other than I feel very sorry for everyone who worked hard over the years to try and make it a success) is to the suppliers who have given such stupid levels of credit - next time you phone me to chase a $250 payment that's two days late, I'm just going to email you this and say "shuddup", we've got another $99,750 to go before you need to worry.

All the intercompany trading is very interesting. Particularly the offshore stuff.

Jet Babe
21st Sep 2012, 15:19
.... and not to mention that the remaining Jet Centres at Luton, Manchester and Prestwick are all creditors as well.

OS Luton is owed collectively £7.4 MILLION
OS Manchester - £216,000
OS Prestwick - £156,000

That's a total of £7.7 MILLION that's just gone from their bottom line.

Can they really survive that kind of blow?

Or is it just a matter of time?

And the bold Eddie reckons this is all "exceptionally good news ....." and he will now begin the process of "re-branding".

Perhaps he means "re-fleecing" unsuspecting creditors of their hard earned cash!!! :=

Monkey Boy
23rd Sep 2012, 22:57
Not sure this should be turned into a personal attack on Eddie, he is a fine person, a very hard worker and was probably responsible for one of the few Ocean Sky departments that actually made a profit. Let's face it, at the moment he's towing the company line, and who can blame him?

However, what's happened at Ocean Sky is exactly what you would expect to happen when the person who has access to the company funds, and likes to help themselves to the pot, does things behind the backs of the people who are trying to run the company and make it a success - I'm sure you'd never let something like that happen would you Jet Babe?

Jet Babe
24th Sep 2012, 21:30
Yeah, perhaps your right, but he's as guilty as the rest of the management of perpetuating the spin that has been an everpresent during the life of Ocean Sky. He's certainly no angel!

And the real point is, its exactly the same people who are behind this latest incarnation, so what's to say anything will change?

Same sweetie - different wrapper!

pattaya pete
25th Sep 2012, 00:50
"Not sure this should be turned into a personal attack on Eddie, he is a fine person, a very hard worker and was probably responsible for one of the few Ocean Sky departments that actually made a profit. Let's face it, at the moment he's towing the company line, and who can blame him?"

Well said Monkey Boy, every time I met Eddie he was always extremely friendly and very passionate about his work, to the point that his enthusiasm and drive rubbed off on his staff

Flyin' High
25th Sep 2012, 10:32
"Same sweetie - different wrapper!"

Jet Babe .. I think not!!

If anyone can dig the remains of Ocean Sky out of the mess it is Eddie Allison - I have seen his team at Prestwick in action many times and if their approach can be applied to other areas of the business then it will have some chance of survival. To a certain extent Manchester is the same but that harks back to the NEA days - that spirit will get them through.

The problem has almost certainly been the glory chasers at LTN & the other London operations which had a spend, spend, spend mentality and no regard for actual business and it was bigger and better at all (any) cost.

I get the feeling LTN may get a shock to the system and a completely new business/work ethic with EA at the helm.

Monkey Boy
25th Sep 2012, 11:19
And the real point is, its exactly the same people who are behind this latest incarnation, so what's to say anything will change?

What's changed is "junior" is no longer around putting his sticky hands in the cookie jar! You'd be surprised how much he took out without putting the lid back on properly!

twinjetter
25th Sep 2012, 19:42
So did the Creditor's meeting for Ocean Sky UK take place as planned (I think) on Monday?

If so, anyone able to spill the beans on any numbers? Asset vs Debt etc etc

Not looking good for my salary I fear :rolleyes:

Cheesygrin
27th Sep 2012, 11:21
Me too TJ ......I am owed a lot of money by Ocean Sky . How they can be seen to transfer assets to another entity owned by same beneficiaries and continue to trade under the Ocean Sky banner just beggars belief . Locking up is too good for them in my book .

starwalker
29th Sep 2012, 11:25
Me too TJ ......I am owed a lot of money by Ocean Sky .
How they can be seen to transfer assets to another
entity owned by same beneficiaries and continue to trade
under the Ocean Sky banner just beggars belief . Locking up
is too good for them in my book .

This is not new; they did it before as mentioned already. !! And it will sadly happen over and over again; the establishment doing nothing, to prevent the same people involved to pull the same show off all over again. Always leaving hard working people in there trail. :ugh: :=

Zeldamay
5th Oct 2012, 10:03
Hi Guys,

It's been awhile since I have posted, but reading all your posts brings back the memories of when I was shafted for £12k by Executive Jet Group.
Anyway by the by - I'm back now and stronger than ever.

Firstly I want to tell you all about an invaluable website to our community.
It is a site where you can view companies, their profile, finances, directors assets and losses for FREE. Instead of having to go to Companies House and pay to see performance addresses etc.

Secondly and one which I'm sure we will all love, when you join for FREE we can write our opinions on the company. Yes People Power!!
The website name is www.duedil.com, it hasn't been around long but is picking up interest and speed of popularity.

Thirdly you will see in black and red flags all those aviation companies that have the writing on the wall - for FREE!!

I hope this helps us all. All the best and happy flying! Thank you to all the wonderful captains who offered me work during my crisis...I'm with a TOP crew now and loving it!

biocybertronics
5th Oct 2012, 23:40
Just out of curiousty is this the same Timur Sardarov that runs Black Ocean in New York?

Gulfstreamaviator
6th Oct 2012, 12:47
I wish you luck, I remember GLA, one of your first customers, and then EDI.

We met in Dubai recently, and I would like to chat to you.

Glf

stuckgear
6th Oct 2012, 13:28
Firstly I want to tell you all about an invaluable website to our community

and for the record, here's one that I freequently use.. heck i've even got a couple of liens i've placed listed..

Aero Liens List - Aviation Industry Claims, Liens, & Debt (http://www.aerolienslist.com/deadbeats.asp)

Gas Head
10th Oct 2012, 14:22
Was sad but not surprised to hear about this - sincerely hope the good folk find new jobs...very glad I got out when I did. We all gave so much, worked really hard, but never had a chance with the ownership and management setup. Too many people up top with their own selfish motives, you couldn't have written a more far-fetched script half the time.

It's nice to now be in a 'normal' company without the constant crisis management and acting on the whims of one very spoilt, bored and out of touch child.

Hope Eddie doesn't go the same way, a thoroughly decent bloke.

Good luck everyone!

Daifly
10th Oct 2012, 19:45
See that the final bit, Ocean Sky (UK) Ltd, has gone owing £24.76m.

Outstanding.

DianiBoy
22nd Oct 2012, 10:37
Hmmm...Hope you're not refering to S.E. (MD):=

chelsky
30th Oct 2012, 12:11
£23.39m out of those £24.76m is inter-company debt, Daifly

Deva Diva
30th Oct 2012, 16:44
only £24.76m ?! :rolleyes: Blimey :ooh: Baby S HAD been on an economy drive recently then ?! ;)

starwalker
20th Nov 2012, 17:02
Timur Sardarov | LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/in/timursardarov)

Very sad isn’t it !!! Wonder how many decent hard working people will be pulled over the table this time. :ugh: :=

Deva Diva
21st Nov 2012, 14:29
Experience
Founder and Chairman (http://www.linkedin.com/search?search=&title=Founder+and+Chairman&sortCriteria=R&keepFacets=true&currentTitle=C&goback=%2Enpv_132704413_*1_*1_name_gEDI_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1 _*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1)
Black Ocean (http://www.linkedin.com/search?search=&currentCompany=C&company=Black+Ocean&sortCriteria=R&keepFacets=true&goback=%2Enpv_132704413_*1_*1_name_gEDI_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1 _*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1)

January 2005– Present (7 years 11 months)Greater New York City Area
CEO and Founder

[/URL]Founder and Chairman (http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?authToken=gEDI&authType=name&goback=%2Enpv_132704413_*1_*1_name_gEDI_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1 _*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1&locale=en_US&id=132704413#name)

Ocean Group (http://www.linkedin.com/search?search=&currentCompany=C&company=Ocean+Group&sortCriteria=R&keepFacets=true&goback=%2Enpv_132704413_*1_*1_name_gEDI_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1 _*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1)

January 2005– Present (7 years 11 months)

[URL="http://www.linkedin.com/search?search=&title=Ocean+Sky&sortCriteria=R&keepFacets=true&currentTitle=C&goback=%2Enpv_132704413_*1_*1_name_gEDI_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1 _*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1"]Ocean Sky (http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?authToken=gEDI&authType=name&goback=%2Enpv_132704413_*1_*1_name_gEDI_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1 _*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1&locale=en_US&id=132704413#name)

Ocean Sky Aviation (http://www.linkedin.com/company/322701?goback=%2Enpv_132704413_*1_*1_name_gEDI_*1_*1_*1_*1_* 1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1&trk=pro_other_cmpy)

Privately Held; 201-500 employees; Airlines/Aviation industry
February 2003– April 2005 (2 years 3 months)

HOW INTERESTING :hmm: HE LEFT OCEAN SKY AVIATION IN 2005 ? IF ONLY !!!! :rolleyes:

phishphood69
28th Nov 2012, 16:48
Also, his LinkedIn profile says he got a degree in 'BS' at Moscow Uni - Ain't that the truth??!!:hmm:

Beech_Boy
3rd Feb 2013, 10:27
Heard that Ocean Sky/RSS engineering at Luton has now wound up and gone, anyone shine a little light??

twinjetter
3rd Feb 2013, 12:13
Beech Boy

Is it just the Luton part of Ocean Sky/RSS Engineering or is it the whole thing (inc Manchester?)

Anyone know how the LTN FBO development is going? - I don't find myself at LTN as often as I once did since OCS binned us all :ouch:

orion1210
3rd Feb 2013, 15:16
RSS Manchester engineering is still going strong and should start to see an increase in strength now LTN won't be sucking it's profits dry.

Best of luck to those from RSS luton left without jobs, but I fear it was a long time coming.

ivor toolbox
4th Feb 2013, 18:40
Yes, Luton engineering shut. Another victim of grouped accounting.
They'll be robbing Manchester next to pay for shiny new Luton fbo, while wondering why all customers going elsewhere.

Ttfn

Monkey Boy
5th Feb 2013, 08:45
So basically new name but same old Ocean Sky style of management? Re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.

:ugh:

Deva Diva
5th Feb 2013, 11:25
:oh: oh come on Monkey Boy .... don't tell me you're surprised ?! more hard-working good people sold down the river 'eh ?!! :ouch: good luck to all, you deserve better !

pity TS wasn't on the Titanic ! although knowing our luck he'd have floated :rolleyes:

pattaya pete
5th Feb 2013, 12:09
I am sure TS walks on water and his suits are all made of teflon

being nosey
5th Feb 2013, 16:43
Fact London Luton one of the busiest airports for Bizjets in the world.
Fact An approved Bombardier service centre
Fact Looked after a dozen or so based aircraft
Fact Had a massive customer base due to location with repeat business
Fact covered Stansted/Northolt/Biggin/Gatwick/Heathrow/Farnborough
Fact Small team of dedicated Engineers covering all aircraft
Fact Rented a large part of the Hangar each year for additional income
Fact Had no sales Dept reputation built up on trust and service
Fact NetJets order Up to 275 Bombardier Challenger aircraft, including 100 firm orders and options for 175 more. The order comprises 75 firm and 125 options of the Challenger 300 Series aircraft. Deliveries for this aircraft are scheduled to begin in 2014. The order also includes 25 firm and 50 options of the Challenger 605 aircraft, with deliveries scheduled to begin in 2015 Oh and Bombardier Aerospace today announced the largest business aircraft sale in the company’s history with a firm order from NetJets Inc. for 50 Global business jets with options for an additional 70 Global aircraft Oh and (Reuters) - Bombardier Inc (BBDb.TO (http://uk.reuters.com/business/quotes/overview?symbol=BBDb.TO)) has signed its largest business (http://uk.reuters.com/finance?lc=int_mb_1001) jet deal ever, a $7.8 billion order from Swiss charter operator VistaJet for up to 142 Global aircraft that highlights the Canadian company's success in an expanding segment of the market.

Congratuations :D Must be hell of a Management Team you got :eek:

ivor toolbox
5th Feb 2013, 21:42
Indeed Mr Nosey ,over past 3 years provided a service to 250
Bombardier aeroplanes. Plenty of repeat business too, more from outside O'sky than within.
And you forgot Kemble, Bristol, Cambridge and Channel Islands too....

We don't understand the management either. P'raps if we spoke Russian we might.

Anyone got a good home for a few multi Bombardier type rated engineers?
Apply within via PM.

Ttfn

Monkey Boy
5th Feb 2013, 23:16
It would appear that RSS / Ocean Sky senior management both past and present couldn't pour p1ss out of a boot even if the instructions where written on the heel!

Surely it's time for the RS to end his relationship with aviation?

pattaya pete
6th Feb 2013, 01:14
But if RS took the toys away then TS would move into another field and get a different set of toys and destroy more good people then again would be good in the sense that they would leave our industry alone

pattaya pete
6th Feb 2013, 01:18
On a different tack but still OCS related , was the slogan "The Private Jet Company" copyrighted? or did it die with the demise of OCS? Could be a usefal strapline for other brokerages

ivor toolbox
6th Feb 2013, 10:14
Think you'll find the strapline was copyrighted.

Oh yes; Fact, income from Hangar diverted to a n other part of business
Fact, all overhead costs associated with Hangar passed to
Engineering

ttfn

cheekyneverrude
19th Feb 2013, 10:07
Monkey Boy

What exactly is it you do?

I hope your wise words are driving your own business to great success, or if you not that senior your management team are doing everything you suggest to them.

I can only assume you are driven by personal upset from someone within OCS?

There is no doubt things should have worked out differently but tarring everyone with the same brush seems a bit pointless and disrespectful to those who tried hard to make a difference, do their jobs properly, and make the best of a bad situation.

But you for I guess there is no fun in that :D

bizjet1
6th Mar 2013, 22:04
Well rumour has it AOG support for us is back at Luton! Air Support is the new company replacing RSS engineering at Luton :ok:

Booglebox
11th Mar 2013, 13:57
Interesting stuff on the back page of Flight International this month. :cool:

Booglebox
12th Mar 2013, 11:12
Afraid not, as it's in the print edition. You can view it on a computer if you have a subscription. I could tell you how to get a PDF for free but I suspect I'd be banned for doing so :E

twinjetter
12th Mar 2013, 13:32
Booglebox

Think you've already told us all how to view the article, not that I would ever so do.

Can't see anything interesting/relevant...am I missing something obvious? If so it wouldn't be the first time..........OCS? Dont worry, we'll be fine!:O

Steve

Booglebox
13th Mar 2013, 17:21
What-ho Steve! :} how's tricks?
Article below (I like to live dangerously :E) You & other OCS bods probably know all of this stuff, but to me a lot of it was new. I also wondered if this is one of the chaps of scandalous repute mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/1732/captureunn.png

twinjetter
13th Mar 2013, 17:50
Hi mate....wow, even I wouldn't have missed that article....I was clearly looking at the wrong issue by about 3 weeks!

I am sure that Mr L featured earlier in this thread; interesting article, ta for posting.

S

Monkey Boy
14th Mar 2013, 00:07
I'm sure he's posted on this thread too!

pattaya pete
15th Mar 2013, 10:20
Seems to me a conflict of interest, running his own brokerage and working for RSS, I wonder how many deals OCS lost to LL Jets say 2-3 years ago ?

coopervane
10th Jul 2013, 13:54
ews
Steve Grimes lands at Inflite
Steve Grimes lands at Inflite
Tuesday, 11th June 2013

Steve Grimes returned to EBACE in Geneva last week in a new role - as Managing Director at The Inflite Executive Jet Centre based at London Stansted Airport, with a mission to expand both FBO and MRO business areas. Steve brings over 30 years of aviation experience to Inflite, most recently as Chief Executive Officer of Ocean Sky Group, where he oversaw significant growth in its share of the European market. His career started with British Airways and spans running an airline in Australia and posts as Head of Commercial for Servisair PLC and CEO for Harrods Aviation for 10 years.

“My mission at Inflite is to take this excellent business to the next level and beyond by building on this platform and our superb FBO and MRO facilities. I am looking forward to growing the business in both areas, which could mean expanding with new locations for both operations and maintenance,” he said. “Inflite is one of the best kept secrets in business aviation offering fantastic service and quality standards, which is testified by the feedback received from our customers on the consistent quality of service.”

On assuming his new role Steve Grimes has also appointed Chris Sugden as Customer Support and AOG Manager. Chris brings 35 years of executive jet experience gained with BAE, NetJets, Raytheon, Harrods Aviation and Hawker Beechcraft.

Continuing to grow the company’s close relationship with Embraer is central to Grimes’ plans for identifying new opportunities for the MRO business. Inflite is the only authorised service centre in Europe which provides full coverage of the entire Embraer Executive Jet family, including all variants of Lineage, Legacy and Phenom light jets.

Inflite is also developing a strong capability with Boeing Business Jets (BBJ), currently performing up to C checks, and has boosted its offering with the recent addition of a third large hangar.

The 45,000 sq feet hangar is able to handle three Embraer Lineage or BBJ aircraft side by side, giving a total of 135,000 sq feet of hangarage.

The growth strategy for MRO also includes making further inroads into the aircraft completions and interior fit outs market.

The Inflite Executive Jet Centre at London Stansted Airport is a family-run business and offers a `one stop shop` for business aviation operators and business charter operator Stansted based Titan Airways. It provides an extensive range of aircraft handling, engineering and support services from purpose built and newly refurbished premises. With 30 years’ experience the company’s success has been built on the pursuit of excellence and a total commitment to maintaining the quality of its highly skilled workforce and state of the art facilities.
« Back to news

chelsky
17th Jul 2013, 19:24
DUFF & PHELPS QUOTE: With regard to Mr Grimes, we cannot comment on his new appointment. The Joint Liquidators submitted their report on the conduct of the Company’s directors to the Insolvency Service on 21 March 2013. The contents of this report are confidential. end of quote...:rolleyes:

LTNman
14th Apr 2014, 06:49
Will they keep the hangar?

Lear_doctor
15th Apr 2014, 07:56
Massive shame about the engineering section. Maintenance ran there from 1973 onwards with some talented and great people. Good luck all of you.

The Doc

learjet50
16th Apr 2014, 16:21
I totally agree with the Lear doc and above the clouds

NEA was one of the the best Enigeering faciltes in the UK

It was run by dedicated professional people who would turn out Dayor Night to solve Promblems and luck would have it most saw the light and have re allocated
However I am really sorry for the people who hung on and are now out of work

Whilst I was at NEA. I could. Walkin the. Hanger latest night and if there were any problems the same dedicated engineers. We're working Away. To solve the
problem. Especially when we were on Target Towing missions

I wish everybody good luck in the future. And have to say that this is the end of an. Era

Let me know when the renuion at the Romper will. Be

Love to all

Gerry

NB. Lear Doc

Hope u and K are OK. Give my regards to PL and his family

Hope to come to. Dubai again in December hope we can meet in the Irish village for a. beer. Or 10

Gerry

LTNman
16th Apr 2014, 17:29
Company's didn't like paying their bills on time.

Where are we getting 1973 from? I thought RSS was a new company as was Ocean Sky

Sir George Cayley
16th Apr 2014, 21:02
Exec jet ops at Manch are intrinsically bound up with some very big figures in the history of that place.

G-LEAR the original a/c, David Antrobus, Gerry and countless others contributed to a continuous story that ran seamlessly through from Hangar 522 to the NEA Apron next the the Engine Test Bay to today.

It was fantastic and the people involved legendary.

I was only talking to someone today describing the spirit of MAN in all its guises and Gerry knows full well the collective... I dunno.. feeling that everyone who worked must have felt at some time.

So 1964, 1968, 1973, 1985 are all dates which matter.

Sorry, I sem to have something caught in my eye.

SGC

Monkey Boy
17th Apr 2014, 09:05
I thought RSS was a new company as was Ocean Sky

RSS and Ocean Sky share very much the same DNA. RSS are the initials of Jnr's Dad, who's deep(ish) pockets funded both ventures.

It's a real shame that it's ended this way, NEA was always a great company, and the team of people in engineering always made me feel welcome when I had to share their desk space.