PDA

View Full Version : 'Favourites' reversed on export/import.

parabellum
25th Aug 2012, 21:48
Moved my 'Favourites' from IE8 on one computer to IE8 on a new computer and they all transferred OK but in reverse order,'z' at the top now! Is there a way to correct this please? (I used the export/import function of each browser).

green granite
25th Aug 2012, 22:06
Click on the favourites menu, Select 'organize favourites' then in the opened window right click and select 'sort by name'

parabellum
26th Aug 2012, 22:43
Thanks, will do!

parabellum
28th Aug 2012, 03:19
Well that worked well, thanks GG.

Next question: I have the choice of IE8 in either 32 or 64 bit mode, OS is Windows 7, 8gbs of RAM, what are the advantages/disadvantages of these modes please?

(I have done a forum search but I'm only looking for specific advantages or disadvantages of IE8 in 32 or 64 bit mode, Thanks).

green granite
28th Aug 2012, 07:02
Since you have a 64 bit OS you may as well run IE in 64 bit mode, but I doubt you'll notice very much difference, I have a 64 bit version of FireFox called 'pale moon' which I tried out but I don't notice much difference in speed and when you think about it it still takes the same time to carry out the liveware inputs, the upload/download speeds are the same, so all we are really going to get is a slightly faster page rendition.

No doubt someone else will come along with a different view in a minute. :)

Ancient Observer
28th Aug 2012, 17:08
Same as GG. I have other things to do, rather than playing spot the difference. Couldn't see a difference, but didn't look too hard.

parabellum
29th Aug 2012, 10:00
Thanks GG and AO, appreciated.