PDA

View Full Version : A Sad Day

Wiretensioner
25th Aug 2012, 10:31
It is with a heavy heart that I ( Angela his wife), write to you all today to tell you that the 'wire has now gone slack'. Tony sadly passed away last night peacefully and pain free, with me and his girls by his side.

Tony has planned his funeral with military precision, if any of you would like to join us to celebrate Tonys life I will post details tomorrow.

Angela Turnbull

ropedope
25th Aug 2012, 10:36
A very sad day indeed, one of the best, and a true professional. He made others raise their game. Will be sadly missed by all who knew him.

Senior Pilot
25th Aug 2012, 11:00
Angela,

Condolences from all Rotorheads from around the world: Tony will be sadly missed.

Limpopo
25th Aug 2012, 11:44
Very sad to hear the news. I had the privilege of working with Tony many years ago and he was a most professional crewman/QCI and good friend.

I am sure those who worked with him the in the RAF and Coastguard SAR (Bristow and CHC Scotia) will be sorry to hear of his passing away.

My deepest condolences to Angela and family.

mallardpi
25th Aug 2012, 12:07
Tony was a gentleman and a true professional and it was a priviledge to have known him and to have worked with him. RIP.

S61-S92
25th Aug 2012, 13:41
http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af24/S61-S92/PICT0046.jpg
Tony (back row, fourth from left)
with his colleagues from Bristow Sumburgh SAR, back in 2007

Tony was always great fun to be around, its sad to hear that he has finally been "winched aboard upstairs".

From all the Sumburgh Crew, our thoughts are with you.

bigglesbutler
25th Aug 2012, 17:31
A father, a friend, a husband, and to me an inspiration. If I manage half your strength and wisdom I will be doing well, thanks for being a friend when I needed one and RIP.

Si

Ginge Cockerill
26th Aug 2012, 09:54
Tony was a good friend and I shall miss him.

I had the pleasure of seeing him one last time several days ago and he was still as sharp as ever.

He was a true professional and one of the best crewmen I have ever had the honour of flying with.

Goodbye old friend see you on Thursday for that final flight.

Oldsarbouy
26th Aug 2012, 20:20
If you intend coming to give Tony the send off he truly deserves please call Angela on 01542 834150. This number replaces the earlier number given. If you know anyone who doesn't subscribe to Pprune and would wish to attend please pass on the info.

Thomas coupling
27th Aug 2012, 09:45
Condolences Angela. I didn't know him perse, but those of us in the trade (either then or now), recognise and respect the unique abilites of those onboard a SAR cab.

cyclic
27th Aug 2012, 11:15
Flew with Tony when I first arrived at Lossie and met him again on "civvie" SAR. A nice bloke who was a very professional winchman. Best wishes to Angela and family.

angelonawire
27th Aug 2012, 17:50
A true gentleman, inspirational until the end. Farewell old boy, it was a pleasure knowing you. Godspeed, Fly Safe.

My deepest sympathies Angela

Regards Andy A

Tuckunder
27th Aug 2012, 19:32
Gina and I are so sorry to hear Tony has passed away Ange. We are thinking of you all and hope to make it to celebrate his life with you. Will be in touch soon.

Love Charlie and Gina

Tallsar
28th Aug 2012, 18:21
RIP to the most professional LM and paramedic winchman I have ever worked with.

From Odiham to Lossie and beyond ..... a man of skill, strength, dedication, sense of duty, and team work that proved a role model for many. He always had something useful to say and a cannie lad way of doing so.

Condolences to Angela and the girls.... it was far too soon, and the helicopter and SAR world will deeply miss him. :sad:

Achilles426
29th Aug 2012, 23:28
RIP Tony, I did not get a chance to work with you much as I left Shetland for new SAR work abroad. However we caught up at Bigglesbutlers wedding and had a great time. A sad time for the SAR community as a great Crewie has been recovered to the big cabin in the sky. I won't be able to make the send off but I'm sure it will reflect the wonderful life and work of one of SARs characters. Condolences to Angela and the girls, my thoughts will be with you all from down under in Australia. Best wishes Tony

jollyjosh
30th Aug 2012, 08:57
Sorry I can't be with you today Ange, to help give Tony the send off he deserves. It was an honour to have known him. The one consolation is that he's in pain no more.
My thoughts are with you all.:(
Steve